PDA

View Full Version : Qobuz cuts in the evening

Tonio
2017-12-28, 10:14
Hello,

I use the Qobuz app (v 1.1311) with a Logitech Transporter (LMS 7.7.5), FAI Free.
Systematically in the evening (19h / 23H30 +/-) I have cuts when playing songs on Qobuz, despite a buffer set at 30 seconds. They are so close together that it's impossible to listen to the songs.

LMS runs on a 2150 readynas NAS, but I also tried with a recent laptop and the problem was the same.
By cons no cut via the app Qobuz on the PC or via the iphone, even using the WIfi network of the apartment.

It's really (very) frustrating, do you have an idea? A solution ?

thank you

davidovada
2017-12-29, 04:08
Tonio, I've been having a similar problem here in Italy. I jumped into another thread but this seems exactly what I am experiencing (except for me it happens all day). Here is my comment from the other thread:

Hope someone can help. I've streamed Qobuz for years without problem to my Transporter. For the past month it is unlistenable due to constant buffering. I've eliminated all the usual suspects(ethernet all the way, so not a wifi issue). Re-installed LMS, re-booted everything, re-installed plug-in, etc. There is no buffering issue when using the desktop app on my iMac and also on the app for iPhone. Two days ago I took advantage of the Tidal offer. No buffering problems at all. I've contacted Qobuz support with no solution. What's up? I'm in Italy(which technically is not kosher). Can it be vodafone throttling Qobuz, but not Tidal? Grazie.

marcoc1712
2018-01-15, 11:08
Tonio, I've been having a similar problem here in Italy. I jumped into another thread but this seems exactly what I am experiencing (except for me it happens all day). Here is my comment from the other thread:

Hope someone can help. I've streamed Qobuz for years without problem to my Transporter. For the past month it is unlistenable due to constant buffering. I've eliminated all the usual suspects(ethernet all the way, so not a wifi issue). Re-installed LMS, re-booted everything, re-installed plug-in, etc. There is no buffering issue when using the desktop app on my iMac and also on the app for iPhone. Two days ago I took advantage of the Tidal offer. No buffering problems at all. I've contacted Qobuz support with no solution. What's up? I'm in Italy(which technically is not kosher). Can it be vodafone throttling Qobuz, but not Tidal? Grazie.

Hi All, I had a mail converstaion with Qobuz customer service last week, claiming that since they opened the service in Italy, just before Christmas, I started having much more dropouts than before (I have an Irish account but I'm based in Italy).

They sayd is not up to them, but squeezebox connection, that don't use cache and asked me to talk with developers, so here I'm.

Please vote fr my request in the developers forum!

epoch1970
2018-01-16, 14:39
In LMS Settings>Player>[player name]>Audio, set Streaming method to "Proxied streaming".

It doesn't hurt and often helps with Internet streams.