PDA

View Full Version : LMS not finding Squeezebox after change of Internet/TV input box

SyrinxGC
2017-12-13, 06:54
I have been a happy user of a Squeezebox Duet, a Squeezebox Radio and most of all the Ipeng LMS controller and player for several years. It has been a great and stable system.

Some time back my Internet/TV provider changed their hardware in my house.
With the old setup I had a switch connected to the box. It split the LAN to a downstairs and an upstairs line.
I was told by the tech guy that I could remove the switch since their box had several outputs and a Bridge mode.
So the switch was removed.

Since then NOTHING worked.
I updated the LMS software, I factory reset the Duet. Still nothing.
I also discovered that I didn't have any internet upstairs. I suspect that the tech guy had forgotten to actually activate the Bridge mode of the new box, so I reinstalled the Switch.
That gave me back internet upstairs and downstairs, and the WiFi now worked fine.
... still no music from my Squeezebox.

As it is now, the LMS can't see neither my Ipeng, my Duet nor my Radio.
The Duet remote and the Ipeng (on both iPhone and iPad) can't connect to the LMS.

I suppose there is a way to reset the LMS, clean all cache etc., but I have not been able to figure out how.

I really hope there are someone out there with the patience to help me out here!

Edit: Forgot to mention. The Duet has always been connected by LAN. I have tried both LAN and WiFi now without success.

Yours
Stein Arne

stereoptic
2017-12-13, 07:40
Just a guess - did the IP address of your LMS server change when the box was changed?

Apesbrain
2017-12-13, 07:42
If LMS is running, that's probably not the problem. On the PC running LMS, launch "Squeezebox Control Panel", go to the Diagnostics tab and be sure all reports "Running" and "OK". Copy down your server IP address while here.

With all those changes, it's likely your server now has a different IP address than it did before the new equipment (see above). Try this and report back:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?86225-Changing-Server-on-Squeezebox-Duet

You'll need to accomplish the same thing with iPeng.

If no luck, you may have a port conflict, or a subnet or firewall issue. One step at a time.

SyrinxGC
2017-12-13, 09:41
If LMS is running, that's probably not the problem. On the PC running LMS, launch "Squeezebox Control Panel", go to the Diagnostics tab and be sure all reports "Running" and "OK". Copy down your server IP address while here.

With all those changes, it's likely your server now has a different IP address than it did before the new equipment (see above). Try this and report back:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?86225-Changing-Server-on-Squeezebox-Duet

You'll need to accomplish the same thing with iPeng.

If no luck, you may have a port conflict, or a subnet or firewall issue. One step at a time.

Thanks Apesbrain!
I'm not really sure in what way the link you sent had something to do with my problem (yes, a real noob!), so I go on here.

When I open Logitech Media Server on my PC it shows the address http://127.0.0.1:9000/

In the Control Panel the Diagnostics shows that everything is running and OK. The Server IP address is 192.168.10.160. My Squeezebox IP address is 54.170.230.59.

I have an iPad app called Fing that shows the addresses of everything connected. The Duet (Receiver) is 192.168.1.10, the Radio is 192.168.1.5.

I hope I have passed step 1 now ;-)

Just a final little worry here: By "spreading" my IP addresses on the net - am I by doing so making it possible for people to access my net? I have Kaspersky Internet Security.

Stein Arne

castalla
2017-12-13, 10:33
Thanks Apesbrain!
I'm not really sure in what way the link you sent had something to do with my problem (yes, a real noob!), so I go on here.

When I open Logitech Media Server on my PC it shows the address http://127.0.0.1:9000/

In the Control Panel the Diagnostics shows that everything is running and OK. The Server IP address is 192.168.10.160. My Squeezebox IP address is 54.170.230.59.

I have an iPad app called Fing that shows the addresses of everything connected. The Duet (Receiver) is 192.168.1.10, the Radio is 192.168.1.5.

I hope I have passed step 1 now ;-)

Just a final little worry here: By "spreading" my IP addresses on the net - am I by doing so making it possible for people to access my net? I have Kaspersky Internet Security.

Stein Arne

The LMS is on a different subnet from your players - 192.168.10.nn versus 192.168.1.nn - that's why they can't be driven by LMS

Haven't a clue how to fix it - sorry. Something to do with the bridge, I guess.

Apesbrain
2017-12-13, 11:06

Just a final little worry here: By "spreading" my IP addresses on the net - am I by doing so making it possible for people to access my net?
That link described how on a Duet to select a new music library. You need to navigate to that setting and enter the IP address for your server.

With the information you exposed, no one is able to hack your network any more than otherwise. Edit your message and delete the information if you want. One thing you don't want to publish are your MAC addresses.

SyrinxGC
2017-12-13, 11:06
Thanks Castalla. Me neither :-(

Stein Arne

SyrinxGC
2017-12-13, 11:12
That link described how on a Duet to select a new music library. You need to navigate to that setting and enter the IP address for your server.

With the information you exposed, no one is able to hack your network any more than otherwise. Edit your message and delete the information if you want. One thing you don't want to publish are your MAC addresses.

Thanks again Apesbrain.
When I open My Music on the remote, I only get a screen telling me I have to install the LMS.

Stein Arne

Apesbrain
2017-12-13, 11:28
Ok, I'm working with a Touch so it may be different but my setting is here:

Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Library > Add New Library

SyrinxGC
2017-12-13, 11:54
Ok, I'm working with a Touch so it may be different but my setting is here:

Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Library > Add New Library

Thanks again. It was the same way. It seems to require 4 groups of 3 digits separated by full stops.
So I first tried 192.168.100.160 That did not work

Then I removed that and tried 192.168.010.160

When I try to connect it says it says that it can't.

However - what has happened now is that LMS can suddenly see the the Duet and Radio. I can start and stop playing from the LMS on the PC.
LMS and Ipeng on the Ipad and Iphone now communicates (I added new libraries on ipad/iphone as well) and I am able to control both Radio and Duet from it + play music locally on the Ipad.

... but the Duet remote is still not able to connect and communicate.

I never use the remote much myself, but my wife would appreciate it deeply if you could help me get it running as well! ;)

Edit: After having written this I checked the Duet remote again - and now it was connected AND allowed me to change player to control.
So THANK YOU Apesbrain! You've REALLY made my day, my week, my... I am so happy there are people out there willing to use time on complete strangers!

A big thank you from Norway to everyone who bothered to engange to try to help me.
You are all contributing to make the world a better place!

Stein Arne

Apesbrain
2017-12-13, 12:01
Interesting. The Duet is a strange beast. I believe the controller and receiver each have their own IP addresses. Hopefully, someone else who owns one will chime in.

You might try this:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49212-Duet-Controller-Hard-Reset&p=314763&viewfull=1#post314763

Glad you now have music!

w3wilkes
2017-12-13, 19:28
I have a couple of Duets and think they're great.

If it were me and I'd upgraded my router (which is what I believe your tech in effect did) I'd factory reset both the controller and player and set up the Duet from scratch.

SyrinxGC
2017-12-14, 01:35
Interesting. The Duet is a strange beast. I believe the controller and receiver each have their own IP addresses. Hopefully, someone else who owns one will chime in.

You might try this:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49212-Duet-Controller-Hard-Reset&p=314763&viewfull=1#post314763

Glad you now have music!

Thank you again! I can't stop smiling :)

Stein Arne

SyrinxGC
2017-12-14, 01:37
I have a couple of Duets and think they're great.

If it were me and I'd upgraded my router (which is what I believe your tech in effect did) I'd factory reset both the controller and player and set up the Duet from scratch.

Thanks. That was the first thing I did. What did the trick was finding and adding the LMS's correct IP address.

Stein Arne

w3wilkes
2017-12-14, 13:10
If you've set the server IP address in the Duet, you should also reserve that address for your server in the router so that it won't change on a reboot of the LMS server or router.