PDA

View Full Version : Play web content sound through stereo via Duet?

Paco Jones
2017-12-12, 03:46
Hello!

I've been browsing this forum for several years and always found the answers I needed, but this time I'm stuck, so have signed up to ask for help. Though I'm worried the answer is staring me in the face and I just need to think a bit harder...

I've recently ditched my PC speakers and moved a NAD amp, speakers and a Squeezebox Duet into my office. The Duet connects via ethernet cable to LMS on a Synology NAS elsewhere on the network, and all works fine, no problem accessing the music library on the NAS or internet radio.

What has me stumped now I have no PC speakers is how to get sound from my Macbook to the stereo when I want to watch programmes on iPlayer, YouTube videos, etc.

Is there a way to output sound from the computer via the Duet to the stereo? Or do I need to bypass the Duet, and connect the Macbook to the stereo via a dedicated DAC?

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this has been dealt with elsewhere, I couldn't find a similar post.

toby10
2017-12-12, 05:14
You would need the Wave Input plugin on LMS. But I wouldn't expect audio & video to always be in sync when playing video content.

bpa
2017-12-12, 06:03
You would need the Wave Input plugin on LMS. But I wouldn't expect audio & video to always be in sync when playing video content.

I never created a version of Waveinput for Macs - one user did create an "experimental" version - no idea of the status.

On Linux or Windows, video and audio will not be in sync - often it is anything between 0.5-2 secs or worse out of sync.

Paco Jones
2017-12-12, 07:17
Thanks both for your input - I'm beginning to think a dedicated DAC is the answer.