PDA

View Full Version : Sense Check: UE Radio Job Lot

meep
2017-12-04, 15:11
Hi All

I have an opportunity to purchase up to 15x UE Radios. Just the units themselves. No packaging, remotes or power supplies.

I'd like a couple myself but wondering what the market might be like for the rest. Hoping to sense-check here.

No idea as to condition but am assured all are working.

Input appreciated.

Peter

KeBul
2017-12-05, 01:42
Hi Peter,

They seem to seem well on eBay, £50-£80 depending on colour, condition, accessories, box etc.

Over the last few years I've picked up several spares normally in the £50-£55 range, also picked up some failed ones for spares at very low prices (£20-£25)

Lack of PSU will affect price but if it's people like me looking for backup/spares then that may not be such an issue to the buyer.

Bearing in mind they do have a couple of common failure issues (white screens and power circuit failures), there is a market for replacement units.

Kev

toby10
2017-12-05, 02:22
As with anything........ all comes down to price and condition. Sure these are not warranty returns? Seems odd to have that many in one lot absent a PSU and packaging.

Your costs could entail Radio + PSU + shipping + your time to test + box/packaging to ship to buyer + transaction fee (ebay)...
In comparison, the original UE Radio, new in box with 2 year warranty, was only $99 and included battery and remote. Margins seem a bit slim to me. :)

p.s. Just curious... Where abouts are you in Ireland? I was just in Ireland for two weeks in August. My third time there and already planning another trip in 2019.

meep
2017-12-05, 03:46
As with anything........ all comes down to price and condition. Sure these are not warranty returns? Seems odd to have that many in one lot absent a PSU and packaging.

Your costs could entail Radio + PSU + shipping + your time to test + box/packaging to ship to buyer + transaction fee (ebay)...
In comparison, the original UE Radio, new in box with 2 year warranty, was only $99 and included battery and remote. Margins seem a bit slim to me. :)

p.s. Just curious... Where abouts are you in Ireland? I was just in Ireland for two weeks in August. My third time there and already planning another trip in 2019.

Thanks Toby. I've asked the vendor for a little history and why he has so many. I'd also need to eyeball them for condition. We'll see. It does sound like a lot of work for little return - though it might be a project for my son to get to grips with the market economy!

I live in the north east, Co. Monaghan, quite close to the border with NI. About 80 KMs from Dublin. It's a bit dull so we don't get to see many tourists, unless they're interested in fishing or poetry (Patrick Kavanagh).

meep
2017-12-05, 05:57
So i've been in touch with the vendor asking for a little history on the origin of the units. I got this back;

'and how i get all this is secret business.
i hope you know i cant to tell you from where or you will take my business'

I think I'll skip!!

castalla
2017-12-05, 07:42
So i've been in touch with the vendor asking for a little history on the origin of the units. I got this back;

'and how i get all this is secret business.
i hope you know i cant to tell you from where or you will take my business'

I think I'll skip!!

Good move!

pippin
2017-12-05, 11:37
Fallen from a lorry?

meep
2017-12-05, 15:04
Fallen from a lorry?

Thereís a sniff of that about it. Guy says he had 50 and has sold them over time on eBay. He has zero ratings on the classified site I found them on and his lack of transparency just makes me run the other way.

ah well. Iíll have to make my millions elsewhere.

castalla
2017-12-05, 15:55
Thereís a sniff of that about it. Guy says he had 50 and has sold them over time on eBay. He has zero ratings on the classified site I found them on and his lack of transparency just makes me run the other way.

ah well. Iíll have to make my millions elsewhere.

err ... how about a skill subscription model for your future millionaire status?!