PDA

View Full Version : 12v Trigger to turn On or Off an amplifier.

mathojojo
2017-12-01, 02:54
Hello,

I have a computer with LMS installed, and some platines connected to make a multiroom environment. I would like to know if it's possible for LMS to detect that a platine is playing something and automatically trigger the corresponding amplifier (12v trigger input).

Maybe a plugin that coold make use of a headphone (or selectable computer output?), or maybe of a USB digital I/O hardware ??

That would be a great feature associated with a 12V relay circuit.

Thank you for your help or suggestion.

mathojojo

Videopac
2017-12-01, 05:15
Hello,

I have a computer with LMS installed, and some platines connected to make a multiroom environment. I would like to know if it's possible for LMS to detect that a platine is playing something and automatically trigger the corresponding amplifier (12v trigger input).

Maybe a plugin that coold make use of a headphone (or selectable computer output?), or maybe of a USB digital I/O hardware ??

mathojojo
+1
Very interested as I am still thinking on buying an all-in-one solution (Odroid C2 + Soekris DAC + Hypex Ncore).
I don't know if any GPIO pins already put on voltage depending on wether it is in use one way or the other.

Cadster
2017-12-01, 05:45
+1
Very interested as I am still thinking on buying an all-in-one solution (Odroid C2 + Soekris DAC + Hypex Ncore).
I don't know if any GPIO pins already put on voltage depending on wether it is in use one way or the other.In squeezelite there's an option to switch a gpio port to high or low.

“-G <Rpi GPIO#>:<H/L> Specify the BCM GPIO# to use for Amp Power Relay and if the output should be Active High or Low“

Perhaps this solves your problem?

drmatt
2017-12-01, 08:47
Or, leave them on! :)

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk

Jeff07971
2017-12-01, 08:53
Hello,

mathojojo

Platines ? This appears to mean Turntable is it supposed to mean players ? if so which players ?