PDA

View Full Version : Why has spotty disappeared from plugins?

pablolie
2017-11-28, 22:09
It's gone.
Can't be found. Uh oh.
But suddenly, an update was required, and the, the 3rd party plugins don't show anywhere. gone.

pablolie
2017-11-28, 22:39
...on top of the plug-ins screen

Bad repository http://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/plugins/logitech.xml - Connect timed out: Invalid argument

Bad repository http://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/plugins/other.xml - Connect timed out: Invalid argument

Bad repository http://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/plugins/repository.xml - Connect timed out: Invalid argument

the 3rd party plug ins have disappeared, dammit. enabled them, they don't show up. this was a config that worked perfectly.

mherger
2017-11-28, 22:49
> -Bad repository http://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/plugins/logitech.xml
> - Connect timed out: Invalid argument
>
> Bad repository http://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/plugins/other.xml -
> Connect timed out: Invalid argument
>
> Bad repository http://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/plugins/repository.xml
> - Connect timed out: Invalid argument-

Check the internet connection on your LMS machine.

--

Michael

pablolie
2017-11-28, 23:05
I am posting from it.

Bizarre.

I'll spend more time on this tomorrow.

It's a Win7 vanilla machine that worked all the time. This is my second home, my main rig seemed to work fine. I have no idea what happened here. Except I cant listen to music.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the stable, standard LMS on Win7. No 3rd party apps show (and yes, I enabled the little box).

Maybe I should wipe this machine and install Linux on it, will do tomorrow if I find time.

zordaz
2017-11-30, 05:31
In my experience the Spotty plugin disappears when a new version is released and the auto installation feature of LMS picks it up.
In the meantime the old plugin version is still working fine btw.

After a manual restart of LMS the plugin (new version) is back in the list and running. I am running LMS 7.9.x. on Xubuntu 16.04LTS.
As a new version of the plugin was released a few days ago; are you perhaps having a simular issue on you Win7 installation?

mherger
2017-11-30, 06:03
> In my experience the Spotty plugin disappears when a new version is
> released and the auto installation feature of LMS picks it up.

I've personally never seen this happen.

> As a new version of the plugin was released a few days ago; are you
> having perhaps the same issue on you Win7 installation?

The latest update was released a few hours after this thread was
started. Pablo's leg entries smell like networking issues and certainly
don't have anything to do with the plugin itself. He even says "the 3rd
party plugins don't show anywhere". It's not limited to Spotty.
--
--

Michael

pablolie
2017-11-30, 08:56
I don't think it had to do anything with Spotty.

Something in Windows smelled funny. I think it was a registry or update issue. This was a re-purposed old laptop (Lenovo X200) that I'd had not touched and was hidden under a couch for 6 years. :-)

I took it out, put Ubuntu 16.04 on it, and things are running perfectly. See ya in a few years, X200 buddy! :-)

As always - thanks to the community for listening and always being willing to help!

...paul - squeezeboxing away since 2005!

iPhone
2017-11-30, 11:25
I don't think it had to do anything with Spotty.

As always - thinks to the community for listening and always being willing to help!

...paul - squeezeboxing away since 2005!

Hey Paul, good to hear from you again, hang around. The beauty of this Forum is that 1) It is here, 2) everybody tries hard to help others. You have helped others as well as me in the past. It is great having somewhere to go to see if we actually have an issue and if so, does somebody have a solution.

zordaz
2017-11-30, 12:42
> In my experience the Spotty plugin disappears when a new version is
> released and the auto installation feature of LMS picks it up.

I've personally never seen this happen.
[color=blue]

Michael

See the screenshot below with my plugin list before restarting and upgrading to Spotty 7.9.8.
The screenshot was made after choosing 'restart later' instead of 'restart'. The old plugin was still running but not visible in the list.
After restarting LMS Spotty was back in the list.

kidstypike
2017-11-30, 12:50
See the screenshot below with my plugin list before restarting and upgrading to Spotty 7.9.8.
The screenshot was made after choosing 'restart later' instead of 'restart'. The old plugin was still running but not visible in the list.
After restarting LMS Spotty was back in the list.

When updating it goes to the top of the plugin page, until LMS is restarted and the web page is reloaded.

zordaz
2017-11-30, 13:03
When updating it goes to the top of the plugin page, until LMS is restarted and the web page is reloaded.

Apparently so; but as long as you haven't restarted LMS, the plugin is not in the list. This is confusing.

pablolie
2017-12-04, 21:22
On my WebUI, Spotty now doesn't show under My Apps (see attached). Oddly enough I can play Spotify playlists (like the one on the right) without a problem. But I can't get to spotify on the WebUI. If I click on "App Gallery" it takes me to mysqueezebox, where Spotify no longer shows.

Also - no such problems in the Squeezer UI, Spotty shows up just fine there.

Configuration is in my sig.

The latest restart in the logfile:
2017-12-03 10:54:16 squeezeboxserver_safe started.
[17-12-03 10:54:17.0249] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1488878280, Wed Mar 8 14:36:54 UTC 2017) perl 5.022001 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
[17-12-03 10:54:17.3258] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1244) Warning: [10:54:17.3257] DBIx::Class::ResultSet::update_or_create(): Query returned more than one row. SQL that returns multiple rows is DEPRECATED for ->find and ->single at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema.pm line 1877
[17-12-03 10:54:17.4736] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::initPlugin (118) Please update to Logitech Media Server 7.9.1 if you want to use seeking in Spotify tracks.
[17-12-03 10:54:18.0277] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1244) Warning: [10:54:18.0276] EV: error in callback (ignoring): Can't call method "error" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/SqueezeNetwork.pm line 183.

Does it mean that I should update to 7.9.1 to get a better Spotty experience?

mherger
2017-12-04, 22:43
> [10:54:18.0276] EV: error in callback (ignoring): Can't call method
> "error" on an undefined value at
> /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/SqueezeNetwork.pm line 183.

It seems your LMS has a problem reaching mysb.com. Did you try to simply
restart LMS? As historically the My Apps menu was all pulled in from
mysb.com, even local plugins could fail if that connection failed.

> Does it mean that I should update to 7.9.1 to get a better Spotty
> experience?

Yes, the latest 7.9.1 would improve some aspects of the Spotty UX (eg.
searching within a track).

--

Michael

pablolie
2017-12-05, 05:46
It seems your LMS has a problem reaching mysb.com. Did you try to simply
restart LMS? As historically the My Apps menu was all pulled in from
mysb.com, even local plugins could fail if that connection failed.

Michael -

thanks as always. I was trying to run LMS without any link to mysb.com. As soon as I provided mysb.com credentials Spotty re-appeared in the application list. What happens if mysb.com shuts down one of these days?

The odd thing is that it was showing in the Squeezer UI. Can't remember whether I tried to use it without a working connection to mysb.com though.

...paul

kidstypike
2017-12-05, 06:05
But you don't need mysb.com to use Spotty?

I run LMS on a RPi, with "--nomysqueezebox.com", and Spotty works without problem.

Yes, I took out another 3 months for the price of one (9.99) Spotify subscription. :)

pablolie
2017-12-05, 10:19
I run it on Linux too. Guess I need to try 7.9.1 and see if that kills any dependency on mysb.com....

Thanks for the reply.

... P

But you don't need mysb.com to use Spotty?

I run LMS on a RPi, with "--nomysqueezebox.com", and Spotty works without problem.

Yes, I took out another 3 months for the price of one (9.99) Spotify subscription. :)