PDA

View Full Version : Radios can no longer see LMS on Nas

finemind
2017-11-16, 06:55
Hi
I've been running LMS on a Synology NAS (DS213j) for a few years now serving 2 Squeezebox radios. I mainly use them to access iPlayer using Triode's plugin and don't want to use mysqueezebox.com. For a week now, neither radio has been able to see LMS on the network. I factory reset both, reinstalled LMS but no luck. It's been a while since I set them up and I wonder if I am missing anything obvious.

When I select My Music, the radio reports that no LMS is available on the network. The LMS GUI on my PC cannot see either radio.

Any ideas anyone?

toby10
2017-11-16, 07:14
Common issue with NAS installs. Try just stopping and restarting LMS on the NAS.

finemind
2017-11-17, 04:27
Common issue with NAS installs. Try just stopping and restarting LMS on the NAS.

Hi, thanks for the response but as I said, I've reinstalled LMS. I've also restarted it many times. I agree that the Nas is probably the problem.

karlek
2017-11-17, 05:48
As a work around you could try adding your LMS‘ IP as a remote music source (Settings-Extras-Network on your SqueezeBoxen).

toby10
2017-11-18, 03:39
How are you remotely accessing NAS? Can NAS see the internet? Sure NAS and LMS and Radio are on same network and same IP range?