PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox remote app for Android ?

Lundoeer
2017-11-10, 09:30
I used to have the app Squeezebox remote 3.1 on my phone, and it was working fine with all my Radio and sb duet hardware.
After my phone was changed to a Android 6 (from 4 I think) the remote app is not able to change between stations. Only ON/Off and volume is working.
I tried to contact the creator without succes.
Is there another app or a work around for this?
Any one using this app?

fragfutter
2017-11-11, 00:30
Afaik Orange squeeze is currently the only maintained Android app.

Man in a van
2017-11-11, 01:31
Also

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.angrygoat.android.squeezectrl&hl=en

and others, just search the app store :rolleyes:

callesoroe
2017-11-17, 06:50
I used to have the app Squeezebox remote 3.1 on my phone, and it was working fine with all my Radio and sb duet hardware.
After my phone was changed to a Android 6 (from 4 I think) the remote app is not able to change between stations. Only ON/Off and volume is working.
I tried to contact the creator without succes.
Is there another app or a work around for this?
Any one using this app?

Orange squeeze and squeeze commander works fine.

MelonMonkey
2017-11-26, 09:23
Has anyone found an app that works with remote control input on the official Android TV platform? And equally important, something that doesn't look like absolute dump? You'd think it was an Android development requirement.

Mostly interested in a controller to allow full-screen TV browsing with artwork - playback can happen on a real Squeezebox.

RobbH
2017-11-29, 17:06
Don't overlook Squeezer. Despite a few annoyances, it's very good and it's free. (This is for the original poster, not in response to the question about Android TV.)