PDA

View Full Version : Listing All Songs Starting With The Same Letter

steve-g
2017-10-29, 02:27
I'm putting together a quiz for which I need to select some songs whose title begins with a particular letter.

I was hoping to do a simple search for say 'P' and get a list of all titles starting with P - but this doesn't work.

Can anyone give me any help on how this can be done

Thanks

Steve

DJanGo
2017-10-29, 03:49
I'm putting together a quiz for which I need to select some songs whose title begins with a particular letter.

I was hoping to do a simple search for say 'P' and get a list of all titles starting with P - but this doesn't work.

Can anyone give me any help on how this can be done

Thanks

Steve

If you use sqlite its quite easy..

select titlesort from tracks where title like 'P%%';

..out put tooo long to fit here...

steve-g
2017-10-29, 06:43
Thanks DJanGo - I was hoping to avoid having to use sqlite but it looks like thats the only way to do it - so thanks for the info on how to do it.

DJanGo
2017-10-29, 11:55
Thanks DJanGo - I was hoping to avoid having to use sqlite but it looks like thats the only way to do it - so thanks for the info on how to do it.

Yapp - maybe Michael is smarter than me, cause i just found the extended search (using title "p%" ) also finds Tracks where any part in the tracknahme starts with P - not only the Track itself.

Ennio Morricone and Others - Western Graffiti - 114 - 100 000 Dollari per Ringo (Bruno Nicolai)
Crystal Waters - Ben Liebrand Grandmix 90s Edition - 122 - 100% Pure Love
Yello - Solid Pleasure - 10 - 10 Coast To Polka

But using sqlite is quite simple.

steve-g
2017-10-30, 03:20
Yes that's what I found it did which is not what I'm looking for - gives you too big a list. I really only whant tracks where the first letter of the title matches - will try sqlite as soon as I get a few minutes free.