PDA

View Full Version : [Announce] Radio Paradise Lossless Streaming (Plugin v2)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mherger
2017-10-28, 08:23
Enjoy the lossless Radio Paradise (http://www.radioparadise.com) stream right on your Squeezebox!

Many Radio Paradise lovers were ecstatic when they heard about the lossless FLAC stream they have offered for a while. Unfortunately it's not available as a simple stream - thus not available on your beloved Squeezebox. No more! I've added support for the FLAC version of Radio Paradise to my plugin. The stream is available from My Apps/Radio Paradise.

If you want to add it to a playlist or prefs, use the url "radioparadise://4.flac".

Please note that for technical reasons outside my control this "stream" can be off by a few minutes, compared to the mp3 stream, or even the RP website. In most cases I've seen the FLAC version was ahead of the others.

And one more important note: you'll need LMS 7.9.1 or the very latest 7.7.6 to enjoy the greatness of lossless Radio Paradise.

Thanks Bill for providing me with the information required to make this happen!

(oh, and if you like what you're hearing, don't forget to give Radio Paradise some "love" (https://www.radioparadise.com/rp2s-content.php?name=Support) - they deserve it :-))

Enjoy!

Michael

SlimChances
2017-10-28, 09:34
Fantastic
Thanks so much

Jackisidore
2017-10-28, 09:35
Wow!

Big thanks

slartibartfast
2017-10-28, 11:29
Wow!

Big thanks

Fantastic
Thanks so much

+1

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

radish112
2017-10-28, 13:31
+1derful!

philsparks
2017-10-29, 00:30
HI - thanks so much for doing this, the sound quality is noticeably better than the 320k stream.

However I've got a bit of a problem. Every couple of songs, the stream stops and starts again, it'll either go back to the beginning of the current song or possibly jump forward to the next one.

I've updated LMS to the latest version, it's running on an HP microserver using WHS-2011, and the same thing happens with a normal squeezebox touch and also two raspberry Pi's. I was reading Bill's description of how they've got the Flac stream to work where he was talking about FLAC being a 'song based' method of encoding that they had to fool into playing as a stream, so I'm guessing it's something to do with that. Our broadband is pretty rock solid 150mb/s and I'm using Ethernet not wifi for all the players.

Any ideas of how to fix, are there settings in LMS I should tweak?

thanks
Phil

Jackisidore
2017-10-29, 01:14
Maybe a small bug:
I noticed the now playing info (title, artist, cover etc) sometimes doesn't update. So I set the plugin logging to debug.

A fresh start of RP playing shows a queue of 5 tracks (0-4) loaded. Track 0 shows correct now playing info. track 1 won't update now playing. Track 3 showed correct now playing. In the server log:

[17-10-29 09:00:02.2607] Plugins::BookmarkHistory::Plugin::newsongCallback (1561) Trigger for newsong exists but is to old (to be expected when you press play after reconnect). client:Slim::Player::SqueezePlay=ARRAY(0x7ff5f5e98 9a8) time: 1509264002 trigger value:1509263229 request:playlist newsong url:http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s6712&formats=aac,ogg,mp3,wmpro,wma,wmvoice&partnerId=16&serial=885ba500ddece0bf5d70f96bfeb0df36

track 4 didn't update now playing

Track 4 ends and RP (Bill?) reads a short message with the RP cover. After that two blocks of tracks are loaded and the now playing is refreshed but different from what's playing (I think). the now playing doesn't change with the next track

The sound quality is perfect and the stream plays flawless.

ian_heys
2017-10-29, 01:26
Excellent - thanks for the plugin.

gegen
2017-10-29, 01:45
Maybe a small bug:
I noticed the now playing info (title, artist, cover etc) sometimes doesn't update. So I set the plugin logging to debug.

A fresh start of RP playing shows a queue of 5 tracks (0-4) loaded. Track 0 shows correct now playing info. track 1 won't update now playing. Track 3 showed correct now playing. In the server log:

[17-10-29 09:00:02.2607] Plugins::BookmarkHistory::Plugin::newsongCallback (1561) Trigger for newsong exists but is to old (to be expected when you press play after reconnect). client:Slim::Player::SqueezePlay=ARRAY(0x7ff5f5e98 9a8) time: 1509264002 trigger value:1509263229 request:playlist newsong url:http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s6712&formats=aac,ogg,mp3,wmpro,wma,wmvoice&partnerId=16&serial=885ba500ddece0bf5d70f96bfeb0df36

track 4 didn't update now playing

Track 4 ends and RP (Bill?) reads a short message with the RP cover. After that two blocks of tracks are loaded and the now playing is refreshed but different from what's playing (I think). the now playing doesn't change with the next track

The sound quality is perfect and the stream plays flawless.

Thanks very much Michael.

Great sound and plays perfectly.............

as with Jackisidore though now playing display not updating. (On Odroid XU4 Ubuntu 15.04 LMS 7.9.1, same on RPI 2 using Raspbian Jessie and LMS 7.9.1).

frozzers
2017-10-29, 01:50
I'm on macOS HighSierra 10.13 with LMS 7.9.1 (LogitechMediaServer-7.9.1-1508904967).

Playing Squeezelite on Safari web interface, I can play Something Different but not the Lossless stream.

The current lossless song (with icon) appears in the playing screen but the song doesn't play. This happens with my hardware players too.

Here's my server.log for info.

Chris

WAD62
2017-10-29, 03:04
Enjoy the lossless Radio Paradise (http://www.radioparadise.com) stream right on your Squeezebox!

Hi Michael, well done again...:)

FYI I don't see any artwork when using the lossless stream, although it is there for the 'try something different' stream, I've tried enabling the 'HD' images option, without success.

LMS 7.9.0/piCorePlayer 3.11/RPI3

slartibartfast
2017-10-29, 03:34
I actually do see artwork changing but it does not seem to be synchronised with the tracks. Half way through a David Gray track the artwork changed to Spirit in the Night by Bruce Springsteen which turned out to be the next track. I think I heard an audio glitch when the artwork changed bit I can"t be sure. I hadn't heard the glitch on previous changes.

gegen
2017-10-29, 03:41

FYI I don't see any artwork when using the lossless stream, although it is there for the 'try something different' stream, I've tried enabling the 'HD' images option, without success.

Think you might need LMS 7.9.1 for the artwork but at the moment the plugin does seem to have some issues with updating the artwork when a song changes.

WAD62
2017-10-29, 04:56
Think you might need LMS 7.9.1 for the artwork but at the moment the plugin does seem to have some issues with updating the artwork when a song changes.
...cheers!

callesoroe
2017-10-29, 07:08
Hi Michael!

Wonderfull if this really works. But I am not getting any sound out. I get a cover and the bar is moving, like it is playing, but there is no sound.

I am on this version:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 @ Sat Aug 19 08:58:11 UTC 2017
Vrtsnavn: nas-C1-71-AE
Serverens IP-adresse: 192.168.1.2
Serverens HTTP-portnummer: 9000
Styresystem: Netgear RAIDiator - DA - utf8
Platformarkitektur: i686-linux
Perl-version: 5.8.8 - i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Databaseversion: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Samlet antal kendte afspillere: 5

The log says this when I try to play:

[17-10-29 15:00:21.0791] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't use string ("Timeout") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTTP.pm line 38.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTP=GLOB(0x14 4a5ce8)

mherger
2017-10-29, 07:13
> I noticed the now playing info (title, artist, cover etc) sometimes
> doesn't update.

Unfortunately I can confirm this. I think it happens when a new set of
files is requested. And sometimes the plugin would sync up again after
the second track... I'll certainly look into this.

--

Michael

wl1
2017-10-29, 07:18

First post says And one more important note: you'll need LMS 7.9.1 or the very latest 7.7.6 to enjoy the greatness of lossless Radio Paradise.

Try updating and see if that fixes it.

mherger
2017-10-29, 07:18
> [17-10-29 15:00:21.0791] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131)
> Error: Select task failed calling
> Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't use string
> ("Timeout") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at
> /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTTP.pm line 38.
> ; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTP=GLOB(0x14 4a5ce8)

Please make sure you have IO::Socket::SSL installed. Are you using any
other 3rd party plugin which might be requiring it, eg. youtube or Spotty?

--

Michael

callesoroe
2017-10-29, 08:06
> [17-10-29 15:00:21.0791] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131)
> Error: Select task failed calling
> Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't use string
> ("Timeout") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at
> /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTTP.pm line 38.
> ; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTP=GLOB(0x14 4a5ce8)

Please make sure you have IO::Socket::SSL installed. Are you using any
other 3rd party plugin which might be requiring it, eg. youtube or Spotty?

--

Michael
Hi Michael

I have you tube installed, but it has not worked for years. I don't use spotty. I use Tidal Hifi. I have never installed "IO::Socket::SSL ". Does it come with some plugin ?? or where can I get it ??

mherger
2017-10-29, 08:38
> I have you tube installed, but it has not worked for years. I don't use
> spotty. I use Tidal Hifi. I have never installed "IO::Socket::SSL ".
> Does it come with some plugin ?? or where can I get it ??

It's something you'd have to install on the NAS outside LMS. See eg.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615-Announce-Spotty-v1-1-0&p=889635#post889635.

I was asking about youtube as I would expect it not to work without that
module. As you can confirm this is the case.

--

Michael

mherger
2017-10-29, 10:03
>> I noticed the now playing info (title, artist, cover etc) sometimes
>> doesn't update.
>
> Unfortunately I can confirm this. I think it happens when a new set of
> files is requested. And sometimes the plugin would sync up again after
> the second track... I'll certainly look into this.
Please give 2.0.1 another try. I think I fixed two issues with the
metadata update.

--

Michael

Cut-Throat
2017-10-29, 10:43
Thanks much for this !!

I got the App for Radio Paradise under my apps just fine.

I could not get the App to play however. When I hit play it just goes back to 'Pause'... I do get the artwork.

Fiddling with the App I got these two options and Play Something Different does play fine, but the Play Lossless Radio acts as I described.. Maybe I just don't know how to run it ???

Play lossless Radio Paradise

Play Something Different (Radio Paradise)

slartibartfast
2017-10-29, 10:52
>> doesn't update.
>
metadata update.

--

MichaelSorry to say I'm still not seeing reliable track changes. It may even be worse. The only timely change is at the beginning of a segment. Otherwise I see one change in 15 minutes if I am lucky.

Jackisidore
2017-10-29, 10:53
metadata update.
Michael

It's improved but I can't pinpoint when it doesn't because the log with plugin set to debug is flooded (5 per second)with
[17-10-29 18:47:52.5588] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (133) Returning cached metadata

if the metadata doesn't update I think I see

[17-10-29 18:50:56.6090] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (171) Not sure I'm in the right place - scheduling another update soon
[17-10-29 18:50:56.6114] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (145) Current playtime in block (https://apps.radioparadise.com/blocks/4/8829-8835.flac?src=alexa): 225.8

Jackisidore
2017-10-29, 11:01
Also noticed the webinterface is not in sync with Jive devices like Touch and Jivelite: The webinterface has new metadata and the Jive devices old metadata

slartibartfast
2017-10-29, 11:11
Also noticed the webinterface is not in sync with Jive devices like Touch and Jivelite: The webinterface has new metadata and the Jive devices old metadataExactly this. I was looking at my Touch and Orange Squeeze. The web interface is indeed working correctly.

If I pause the stream and restart then the Touch and Orange Squeeze pick up the new metadata.

Furry
2017-10-29, 11:30
Excellent; very much appreciated, many thanks for doing this Michael.

Jackisidore
2017-10-29, 12:26
For the last hour or so it's playing 100% in sync (web and jive devices). Maybe something on RP side

slartibartfast
2017-10-29, 12:47
For the last hour or so it's playing 100% in sync (web and jive devices). Maybe something on RP sideTried again after seeing this comment and still not working for me. Web interface is fine. Touch was displaying Suzanne Vega for the majority of Peter Gabriel and changed less than a minute from the end of the track. The end of the track was followed by a new segment so the correct track is displayed at the moment. The track has now changed on the web interface but not on the Touch.

stroom
2017-10-29, 12:52
Thanks Michael! Discovered this radio station because of this thread. I really enjoy it (and discover new music while listening...).

Cut-Throat
2017-10-29, 12:55
Thanks much for this !!

I got the App for Radio Paradise under my apps just fine.

I could not get the App to play however. When I hit play it just goes back to 'Pause'... I do get the artwork.

Fiddling with the App I got these two options and Play Something Different does play fine, but the Play Lossless Radio acts as I described.. Maybe I just don't know how to run it ???

Play lossless Radio Paradise

Play Something Different (Radio Paradise)

I cannot get mine to play the Lossless Radio.... When I hit play, it just moves 1....2....3 and back to Pause......

Anyone know what I have got wrong?

frozzers
2017-10-29, 13:47
I cannot get mine to play the Lossless Radio.... When I hit play, it just moves 1....2....3 and back to Pause......

This is exactly what happens to me as I reported on the first page of this thread.

However ... I can now play lossless on my Raspberry Pi. No idea why it wouldn't work before or why it still doesn't work on Squeezelite.

Chris

Cut-Throat
2017-10-29, 13:59
This is exactly what happens to me as I reported on the first page of this thread.

However ... I can now play lossless on my Raspberry Pi. No idea why it wouldn't work before or why it still doesn't work on Squeezelite.

Chris

I am using a Raspberry Pi and can play Lossless just fine on Tidal, My Music Library..... Just not Radio Paradise

slartibartfast
2017-10-29, 14:05
I am using a Raspberry Pi and can play Lossless just fine on Tidal, My Music Library..... Just not Radio ParadiseDo you have IO::Socket::SSL installed? I think it is necessary.

Cut-Throat
2017-10-29, 14:24
Do you have IO::Socket::SSL installed? I think it is necessary.

I have no clue. --- Are there any instructions to install this anywhere?

I do have Spotty installed and reading this thread, it seems IO::Socket::SSL is a requirement for Spotty ??

slartibartfast
2017-10-29, 14:32
I have no clue. --- Are there any instructions to install this anywhere?

I do have Spotty installed and reading this thread, it seems IO::Socket::SSL is a requirement for Spotty ??Does Spotty work? If it does you must have it. I have no more ideas.

Cut-Throat
2017-10-29, 14:46
Does Spotty work? If it does you must have it. I have no more ideas.

Spotty works fine! --- Just tried it.....

callesoroe
2017-10-29, 14:47

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615-Announce-Spotty-v1-1-0&p=889635#post889635.

--

Michael

What is the difference between a Tidal flac stream and Radio Paradise flac stream ???

pippin
2017-10-29, 18:06
Tidal doesnt stream with TLS encryption

Sakkerju
2017-10-30, 00:33
Radio Paradise is my top 'radio' station. Great plug-in! Now I have a way to upgrade from my RP's 192 stream :-)

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 03:44
>> doesn't update.
>
metadata update.

--

MichaelArtwork on the Touch, Radio and Orange Squeeze is still not synched for me. Strange that the web UI works correctly.

mherger
2017-10-30, 04:02
> Artwork on the Touch, Radio and Orange Squeeze is still not synched for
> me. Strange that the web UI works correctly.

The web UI is polling the server every few seconds, whereas the other
UIs rely on the server sending a notification when things change.

That said, I haven't seen a single missed track info update on my Radio
and one piCorePlayer in 5-6h today. What is your server running on? Is
player synchronization involved?

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 04:13
> Artwork on the Touch, Radio and Orange Squeeze is still not synched for
> me. Strange that the web UI works correctly.

The web UI is polling the server every few seconds, whereas the other
UIs rely on the server sending a notification when things change.

That said, I haven't seen a single missed track info update on my Radio
and one piCorePlayer in 5-6h today. What is your server running on? Is
player synchronization involved?

--

MichaelServer is max2play on a Pi3. No synchronisation. The only time I see a synchronised artwork change is at the beginning of a segment. If I pause and restart playback the correct artwork is displayed.

mherger
2017-10-30, 04:33
> Server is max2play on a Pi3. No synchronisation. The only time I see a
> synchronised artwork change is at the beginning of a segment. If I pause
> and restart playback the correct artwork is displayed.

Could you please get met at least two segments worth of server.log with
debug logging enabled? Close down web UI and potentially other clients
working correctly to reduce the noise. Thanks!

--

Michael

Jackisidore
2017-10-30, 05:37
My Jive clients (Jivelite/Touch) are currently out of sync. server 7.9.1 on osx

This one and similar events triggers an update of the web interface and ipeng

[17-10-30 13:05:42.1375] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (171) Not sure I'm in the right place - scheduling another update soon
[17-10-30 13:05:42.2214] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (145) Current playtime in block (https://apps.radioparadise.com/blocks/4/9155-9159.flac?src=alexa): 271.1
[17-10-30 13:05:42.2218] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (175) Scheduling an update for the end of this song: 164

The log is flooded with
[17-10-30 13:08:26.6081] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (133) Returning cached metadata

Which makes it a little difficult to spot which getMetadataFor (175) triggers an update on Jive. Currently the Jive clients sometimes update in the middle of a song and I see many 171, 145, 175 sequences.
Should getMetadataFor (175) trigger the update on Jive? If not what should I look for?

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 06:59
> Server is max2play on a Pi3. No synchronisation. The only time I see a
> synchronised artwork change is at the beginning of a segment. If I pause
> and restart playback the correct artwork is displayed.

Could you please get met at least two segments worth of server.log with
debug logging enabled? Close down web UI and potentially other clients
working correctly to reduce the noise. Thanks!

--

Michael

Here is the server log. I hope it isn't too long.

mherger
2017-10-30, 09:11
> Here is the server log. I hope it isn't too long.

What I see in that log: do you have two players playing concurrently?
And how many and what clients do you have running? It seems that every
metadata request is triggered half a dozen times or so.

--

Michael

Luke8
2017-10-30, 09:48

I had the same problem and I solved this way:

settings - advanced - fyle types - flac (change "disabled" to "native")-apply

Rick B.
2017-10-30, 09:52
[QUOTE=mherger;898119]
And one more important note: you'll need LMS 7.9.1 or the very latest 7.7.6 to enjoy the greatness of lossless Radio Paradise.
/QUOTE]

Not quite sure what that means? I have LMS 7.8.0 so am I good to go?

Thanks,

Rick

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 09:56
[QUOTE=mherger;898119]
/QUOTE]

Not quite sure what that means? I have LMS 7.8.0 so am I good to go?

Thanks,

RickI read it as 7.9.1 or 7.7.6, not 7.8.

mbartelt
2017-10-30, 10:54
Hi,

stream don't start on daphile. Here is the last part of my log:

[17-10-30 18:50:54.2699] Slim::Player::StreamingController::play (2100) aa:aa:d1:99:43:21
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2710] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (273) aa:aa:d1:99:43:21: Play in STOPPED-IDLE -> Slim::Player::StreamingController::_StopGetNext
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2717] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (284) params: seekdata => undef index => 0
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2735] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_Stop (603) Song queue is now 0
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2742] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_setPlayingStat e (2357) new playing state STOPPED
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2748] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_setStreamingSt ate (2366) new streaming state IDLE
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2761] Slim::Player::Song::new (108) index 0 -> radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2775] Slim::Player::Song::new (150) live=3
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2782] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_setStreamingSt ate (2366) new streaming state TRACKWAIT
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2789] Slim::Player::Song::DESTROY (160) DESTROY(Slim::Player::Song=ARRAY(0xd523718)) live=2: index=0, url=radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2803] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_playersMessage (789) Titelinfos werden geladen...: radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2816] Slim::Player::Song::getNextSong (229) radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2827] Slim::Player::Song::getNextSong (251) scanning URL radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2855] Slim::Player::Song::__ANON__ (297) Found a playlist
[17-10-30 18:50:54.2861] Slim::Player::Song::getNextSong (229) radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:55.0545] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_playersMessage (789) Problem: Datei kann nicht geöffnet werden für:: radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:55.0559] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (273) aa:aa:d1:99:43:21: NextTrackError in STOPPED-TRACKWAIT -> Slim::Player::StreamingController::_NextIfMore
[17-10-30 18:50:55.0565] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (284) params: errorSong => Slim::Player::Song=ARRAY(0xd740850) errorIndex => undef error => ARRAY(0xd096738)
[17-10-30 18:50:55.0573] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_setStreamingSt ate (2366) new streaming state IDLE
[17-10-30 18:50:55.0587] Slim::Player::Song::clonePlaylistSong (182) live=3
[17-10-30 18:50:55.0594] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_setStreamingSt ate (2366) new streaming state TRACKWAIT
[17-10-30 18:50:55.0609] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_playersMessage (789) Titelinfos werden geladen...: radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:55.0622] Slim::Player::Song::getNextSong (229) radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8122] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_playersMessage (789) Problem: Datei kann nicht geöffnet werden für:: radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8134] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (273) aa:aa:d1:99:43:21: NextTrackError in STOPPED-TRACKWAIT -> Slim::Player::StreamingController::_NextIfMore
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8141] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (284) params: error => ARRAY(0xd524060) errorSong => Slim::Player::Song=ARRAY(0xd7439a0) errorIndex => undef
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8152] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_setStreamingSt ate (2366) new streaming state IDLE
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8160] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_getNextTrack (627) Giving up because of too many consecutive errors: 2
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8166] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (303) aa:aa:d1:99:43:21: NextTrackError - new state STOPPED-IDLE
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8178] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (303) aa:aa:d1:99:43:21: NextTrackError - new state STOPPED-IDLE
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8189] Slim::Player::Song::DESTROY (160) DESTROY(Slim::Player::Song=ARRAY(0xd740850)) live=2: index=0, url=radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8780] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::enabledFormat (209) Checking to see if flc-flc-*-* is enabled
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8787] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (242) Checking formats for: flc-flc-squeezelite-aa:aa:d1:99:43:21
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8793] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (242) Checking formats for: flc-flc-*-aa:aa:d1:99:43:21
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8798] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (242) Checking formats for: flc-flc-squeezelite-*
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8804] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (242) Checking formats for: flc-flc-*-*
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8810] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::enabledFormat (209) Checking to see if flc-flc-*-* is enabled
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8818] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (250) enabled
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8827] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (252) Found command: -
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8834] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::getConvertCommand 2 (387) Rejecting - because no available stream mode supported: R
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8839] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (242) Checking formats for: flc-flc-transcode-*
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8846] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::enabledFormat (209) Checking to see if flc-flc-transcode-* is enabled
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8852] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (250) enabled
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8857] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (252) Found command: [flac] -dcs $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0 $RESAMPLE$ -
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8865] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::getConvertCommand 2 (387) Rejecting [flac] -dcs $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0 $RESAMPLE$ - because no available stream mode supported: R
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8872] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (242) Checking formats for: flc-pcm-squeezelite-aa:aa:d1:99:43:21
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8879] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (242) Checking formats for: flc-pcm-*-aa:aa:d1:99:43:21
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8886] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (242) Checking formats for: flc-pcm-squeezelite-*
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8892] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (242) Checking formats for: flc-pcm-*-*
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8897] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::enabledFormat (209) Checking to see if flc-pcm-*-* is enabled
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8903] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (250) enabled
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8909] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (252) Found command: [Decode] -F flc-pcm-*-* -m $CLIENTID$ -p $PLAYER$ -f pcm $START$ $END$ $PATH$
[17-10-30 18:50:55.8920] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::getConvertCommand 2 (460) Matched: flc->pcm via: [Decode] -F flc-pcm-*-* -m $CLIENTID$ -p $PLAYER$ -f pcm $START$ $END$ $PATH$

Thanks for help.

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 11:20
> Here is the server log. I hope it isn't too long.

What I see in that log: do you have two players playing concurrently?
And how many and what clients do you have running? It seems that every
metadata request is triggered half a dozen times or so.

--

Michael

I only had one player playing Radio Paradise and two other players in pause state.

radsfaninlv
2017-10-30, 11:34
Great plugin!! For some reason it seems to work perfectly on LMS 7.9.0. The client is a pogoplug V4 running squeezelite. I am also running Spotty v1.9.5. Thank you Michael.

Cut-Throat
2017-10-30, 11:41
I had the same problem and I solved this way:

settings - advanced - fyle types - flac (change "disabled" to "native")-apply

Thanks Much !! --- You are the Man! --- This fixed my Problem!

mherger
2017-10-30, 12:45
> Luke8 wrote:
>> I had the same problem and I solved this way:
>>
>> settings - advanced - fyle types - flac (change "disabled" to
>> "native")-apply
>
> Thanks Much !! --- You are the Man! --- This fixed my Problem!

Why oh why do people still believe that the incredible sound of silence
caused by a fucked up configuration sounds better than default settings?...

--

Michael

mherger
2017-10-30, 12:49
"Play Something Different is no longer a thing. You should implement 'skip' instead." Bill told me. v2.1.0 does it.

When you're playing lossless Radio Paradise you can now press the FWD button to skip a track you don't like. Simple as that. Have fun!

Cut-Throat
2017-10-30, 12:59
> Luke8 wrote:
>> I had the same problem and I solved this way:
>>
>> settings - advanced - fyle types - flac (change "disabled" to
>> "native")-apply
>
> Thanks Much !! --- You are the Man! --- This fixed my Problem!

--

Michael

I missed something here....... What did I do wrong?

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 13:20
"Play Something Different is no longer a thing. You should implement 'skip' instead." Bill told me. v2.1.0 does it.

When you're playing lossless Radio Paradise you can now press the FWD button to skip a track you don't like. Simple as that. Have fun!The skip function works well AND I get the correct artwork using skip but I still don't see the artwork change in normal use.

Luke8
2017-10-30, 13:22

--

Michael[/QUOTE]

Because LMS is an endless game :) NHF Great plugin Michael.Thank you very much.Wish you all the best.

Luke8
2017-10-30, 13:37
I missed something here....... What did I do wrong?

Don't worry. Michael probbably don't like Soundcheck's advices about LMS File types setting.
These settings sometimes create problems, but nothing terrible. Anyway , they are both great guys (Michael and Klaus, aka Mherger and Soundcheck) and they do a
great job for LMS comunnity.

bwaldron
2017-10-30, 13:48

I blame Simon & Garfunkel

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 13:55
I have enabled Radio Paradise HD images but how do I disable them again?

Cut-Throat
2017-10-30, 13:57
I have enabled Radio Paradise HD images but how do I disable them again?

Just click on it again.... it's a toggle switch.

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 13:58
Just click on it again.... it's a toggle switch.That's what I thought but it doesn't work in 2.1.0.

Cut-Throat
2017-10-30, 14:03
That's what I thought but it doesn't work in 2.1.0.

I just did it in 2.1.0 and it works for me.

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 15:11
I just did it in 2.1.0 and it works for me.Mine always says "Enable Radio Paradise HD images"

sbp
2017-10-30, 15:35
Hi Michael.

Thank you for this plugin. I didn't know about Radio Paradise, so just tried it and I like it.
It is working nicely on pCP3.22 and the cover artwork seems to change fine (sometime a little early and sometime a few seconds late but it is absolutely acceptable)

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 15:55
I just did it in 2.1.0 and it works for me.You definitely have 2.1.0 not 2.0.1? I just reinstalled the plugin and it still doesn't work.

Cut-Throat
2017-10-30, 16:05
You definitely have 2.1.0 not 2.0.1? I just reinstalled the plugin and it still doesn't work.

philsparks
2017-10-30, 16:18
HI - thanks so much for doing this, the sound quality is noticeably better than the 320k stream.

However I've got a bit of a problem. Every couple of songs, the stream stops and starts again, it'll either go back to the beginning of the current song or possibly jump forward to the next one.

I've updated LMS to the latest version, it's running on an HP microserver using WHS-2011, and the same thing happens with a normal squeezebox touch and also two raspberry Pi's. I was reading Bill's description of how they've got the Flac stream to work where he was talking about FLAC being a 'song based' method of encoding that they had to fool into playing as a stream, so I'm guessing it's something to do with that. Our broadband is pretty rock solid 150mb/s and I'm using Ethernet not wifi for all the players.

Any ideas of how to fix, are there settings in LMS I should tweak?

thanks
Phil

Hi - It's great that this plugin exists and that there's been regular updates throughout the past couple of days - thanks so much - the sound quality is definitely a chunk better than AAC-320. However I'm still having the same restarting issue I mentioned above. Every few songs, about half way through the song it will either re-start or jump to the next song. I'm guessing it's something to do with the Flac stream being based on a playlist. Given that nobody else is mentioning it I presume it's something to do with my configuration. Any clues whether there's something I need to tweak?

cheers
Phil

Cut-Throat
2017-10-30, 16:24

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 16:32
23908I am clutching at straws. Is your artwork in sync as well?

Cut-Throat
2017-10-30, 16:40
Mine always says "Enable Radio Paradise HD images"

If it says "Enable", I would guess that they are Disabled.

slartibartfast
2017-10-30, 16:46
If it says "Enable", I would guess that they are Disabled.Maybe. It is a little confusing since if I click on "Enable Radio Paradise HD images" the next screen says "Radio Paradise HD enabled" but returning to the previous screen it still says "Enable......"

mherger
2017-10-30, 22:53
Hi - It's great that this plugin exists and that there's been regular updates throughout the past couple of days - thanks so much - the sound quality is definitely a chunk better than AAC-320. However I'm still having the same restarting issue I mentioned above. Every few songs, about half way through the song it will either re-start or jump to the next song. I'm guessing it's something to do with the Flac stream being based on a playlist. Given that nobody else is mentioning it I presume it's something to do with my configuration. Any clues whether there's something I need to tweak?

Please check server.log. Anything in there? You could also enable debug logging for plugin.radioparadise and let it play until it does the hiccup again. Then upload your server.log with pointers around which time the issue appeared.

mherger
2017-10-30, 23:32
> Which makes it a little difficult to spot which getMetadataFor (175)
> triggers an update on Jive. Currently the Jive clients sometimes update
> in the middle of a song and I see many 171, 145, 175 sequences.
> Should getMetadataFor (175) trigger the update on Jive?

It's a little more complicated: getMetadataFor is being called whenever
a device wants to get the latest information. It's not what is
triggering the update per se. That said it does set a timer for the end
of a track to tell the devices to go fetch the latest data. The web UI
otoh (and probably some of the mobile apps out there) do actively poll
the server every few seconds. That's likely why it's more accurate for
those users where the players fail. And it's why I ask people to not use
the web UI while debugging the issue, as it creates a lot of noise in
the log files.

To make things more complicated the play times in the metadata I receive
sometimes are in full seconds only, sometimes in milliseconds. Therefore
the fuzzy "not sure I'm in the right place" log message :-).

So... right now I have no clue why the metadata update would fail so
badly for some of you. I've had two players play RP all day long
yesterday. One piCorePlayer played for about 15h straight, the Radio I
stopped every now and then. Yet I didn't see a missed metadata update.

--

Michael

mherger
2017-10-30, 23:36
> Mine always says "Enable Radio Paradise HD images"

Something about your system is wrong. And I don't know why. I'll be back
with a Pi based LMS tomorrow. Will give that a try, too. Though I'm
running pCP, not max2play.

Do you use any kind of transcoding?

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2017-10-31, 00:15
> Mine always says "Enable Radio Paradise HD images"

Something about your system is wrong. And I don't know why. I'll be back
with a Pi based LMS tomorrow. Will give that a try, too. Though I'm
running pCP, not max2play.

Do you use any kind of transcoding?

--

MichaelNo transcoding. I think the HD images worked on the last version of the plugin because I messed around with the setting hoping it might fix the track image issue, but it isn't something I am too bothered about.

On the track image issue Orange Squeeze also suffers so it doesn't poll the server. Another clue, if I use the skip function I always get up to date images.

philsparks
2017-10-31, 00:45
Please check server.log. Anything in there? You could also enable debug logging for plugin.radioparadise and let it play until it does the hiccup again. Then upload your server.log with pointers around which time the issue appeared.

I think this is the right thing? I can see there's some stuff about Spotify (I used to use this, but not any more) is it worth getting rid of this?

Also the jumps and restarts happen much more often than the number of entries below, so I don't think the restarts are causing an logging of errors here.

Anything spring to mind?

[17-10-26 21:12:01.4043] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1488878280, Wed Mar 8 14:37:44 CUT 2017) perl 5.014001 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
[17-10-28 18:20:05.0630] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1488878280, Wed Mar 8 14:37:44 CUT 2017) perl 5.014001 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
[17-10-28 19:17:17.7086] Slim::Formats::XML::gotErrorViaHTTP (310) Error: getting http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/spotify/v1/opml/context?artist=The%20Waifs&album=Sun%20Dirt%20Water&track=Sun%20Dirt%20Water
404 Not Found
[17-10-28 19:17:17.7094] Slim::Control::XMLBrowser::_cliQuery_error (1676) Error: While retrieving [http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/spotify/v1/opml/context?artist=The%20Waifs&album=Sun%20Dirt%20Water&track=Sun%20Dirt%20Water]: [404 Not Found]
[17-10-28 20:05:45.6412] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1488878280, Wed Mar 8 14:37:44 CUT 2017) perl 5.014001 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
[17-10-28 20:20:30.2119] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1508904967, Wed Oct 25 04:26:55 CUT 2017) perl 5.014001 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
[17-10-28 20:20:35.4513] Plugins::SpotifyProtocolHandler::Plugin::postinitP lugin (34) The official Logitech Squeezebox Spotify plugin should be enabled, or some functionality might be limited.
[17-10-29 18:22:01.2751] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1508904967, Wed Oct 25 04:26:55 CUT 2017) perl 5.014001 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
[17-10-29 18:22:08.3505] Plugins::SpotifyProtocolHandler::Plugin::postinitP lugin (34) The official Logitech Squeezebox Spotify plugin should be enabled, or some functionality might be limited.
[17-10-30 23:06:12.2180] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1508904967, Wed Oct 25 04:26:55 CUT 2017) perl 5.014001 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
[17-10-30 23:06:17.7595] Plugins::SpotifyProtocolHandler::Plugin::postinitP lugin (34) The official Logitech Squeezebox Spotify plugin should be enabled, or some functionality might be limited.
[17-10-31 04:09:10.3760] Slim::Player::Squeezebox2::statHandler (150) Error: b8:27:eb:0d:ef:c8: Decoder does not support file format, code 0

philsparks
2017-10-31, 00:50
I'm sorry I don't know how to turn on debugging for radio paradise. If you let me know how to do that I'll have a go.

cheers
Phil

mherger
2017-10-31, 00:53
> On the track image issue Orange Squeeze also suffers so it doesn't poll
> the server. Another clue, if I use the skip function I always get up to
> date images.

Track change would grab a new set of track information, and a new audio
segment. It therefore is in synch again. But I guess that at the next
track it would miss the update again?

Background: RP isn't really track based. But I'd get an audio segment
(flac file) covering several tracks, plus metadata. As from a player's
point of view it's playing a single track of a given length (often 15-20
minutes), the plugin has to take care of updating metadata. It's working
quite nicely for me and many just setting a timer for the length of a
track. But for whatever reason this does not work for your. Maybe I'll
add some fallback mechanism, triggering an update every x seconds
anyway. That's unfortunate, but if I can't get it to work otherwise...

--

Michael

mherger
2017-10-31, 01:11
> I think this is the right thing? I can see there's some stuff about
> Spotify (I used to use this, but not any more) is it worth getting rid
> of this?

Please uninstall the Spotify plugin. But that's likely unrelated.

Then head over to Settings/Advanced/Logging, scroll down to
plugin.radioparadise and set it to DEBUG.

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2017-10-31, 02:28
> On the track image issue Orange Squeeze also suffers so it doesn't poll
> the server. Another clue, if I use the skip function I always get up to
> date images.

Track change would grab a new set of track information, and a new audio
segment. It therefore is in synch again. But I guess that at the next
track it would miss the update again?

Background: RP isn't really track based. But I'd get an audio segment
(flac file) covering several tracks, plus metadata. As from a player's
point of view it's playing a single track of a given length (often 15-20
minutes), the plugin has to take care of updating metadata. It's working
quite nicely for me and many just setting a timer for the length of a
track. But for whatever reason this does not work for your. Maybe I'll
add some fallback mechanism, triggering an update every x seconds
anyway. That's unfortunate, but if I can't get it to work otherwise...

--

MichaelI think Jackisadore has the same or similar issue with OSX. I also wonder how many people just have not noticed if they have issue or not.

Jackisidore
2017-10-31, 05:54
I was wondering: My log is flooded with getMetadataFor 5 or 6 times per second. Is this by design? Maybe Jive clients ignore requests if the frequency is to high or a buffer overflows..

Also noticed if the Jive clients are in sync and I stop RP playback the log is quiet. If they are out of sync and I stop RP playback the logs keeps showing getMetadataFor (maybe every 5 sec)

sbp
2017-10-31, 07:52
....... I also wonder how many people just have not noticed if they have issue or not.
Ok, I just tested again in order to make sure.

The artwork is changing fine on my system and I see no problem.
I had Radio Paradise playing on my Duet, and the artwork changed almost simultaneously on iPeng, Orange Squeeze, the duet receiver and on a connected RPi with pCP3.22 and Jivelite.
LMS is located on another RPi (pCP3.22).

slartibartfast
2017-10-31, 07:55
Ok, I just tested again in order to make sure.

The artwork is changing fine on my system and I see no problem.
I had Radio Paradise playing on my Duet, and the artwork changed almost simultaneously on iPeng, Orange Squeeze, the duet receiver and on a connected RPi with pCP3.22 and Jivelite.
LMS is located on another RPi (pCP3.22).

Seems to me that users of LMS on pCP don't see the the issue but I have no idea why.

Cut-Throat
2017-10-31, 09:32
Seems to me that users of LMS on pCP don't see the the issue but I have no idea why.

I am running LMS via my Synology NAS and it is working fine for me.

mherger
2017-10-31, 10:18
> I was wondering: My log is flooded with getMetadataFor 5 or 6 times per
> second. Is this by design?

I would only get these often if I were using the web UI (which is
polling continously). Some mobile apps might be doing the same (eg.
Logitech's own :-)).

If you want to track down the problem, then you should try to eliminate
any unrelated clients, players, controllers.

> Also noticed if the Jive clients are in sync and I stop RP playback the
> log is quiet. If they are out of sync and I stop RP playback the logs
> keeps showing getMetadataFor (maybe every 5 sec)

There are various different statements being logged from that method.
Would be interesting to know which ones you see.

--

Michael

Jackisidore
2017-10-31, 10:53
Getmetadatafor (150). Its flooding the log without any webclient open only jive clients like touch jivelite controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slartibartfast
2017-10-31, 11:06
Getmetadatafor (150). Its flooding the log without any webclient open only jive clients like touch jivelite controller.

I see the same.

[17-10-31 17:55:25.3778] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (89) {
action => undef,
cue => 0,
debug => undef,
end_event => 9684,
event => 9683,
expiration => "1509558925",
image_base => "//img.radioparadise.com/",
"length" => 575,
song => {
"0" => {
album => "Drum Therapy",
artist => "Tor",
asin => "TOR2012",
cover => "covers/l/TOR2012.jpg",
duration => 279_000,
elapsed => 1,
event => 9683,
rating => "7.2",
sched_time => "1509472588.122",
slideshow => "37901,5161,14815,41695,35945,29205,16860,37685,375 64,5185,5169,29752,22091,15061,29520,30568,24739,3 6465,12366,15494,17587,37904,20478,36629,43575,154 88,20160,37900,15489",
song_id => 43_196,
title => "Glass & Stone",
user_rating => undef,
year => 2012,
},
1 => {
album => "Countdown To Ecstasy",
artist => "Steely Dan",
asin => "B00000DI0J",
cover => "covers/l/B00000DI0J.jpg",
duration => 296_000,
elapsed => 279_000,
event => 9684,
rating => "6.7",
sched_time => "1509472867.122",
slideshow => "47282,52564,51023,14992,25103,25102,17863,7640,251 07,33555,25099,49187,51017,2027,25100,54377,25098, 15677,25101,16715,25108,54355,46812,25095,51022,19 352,25097,25096,54402,15673,7193",
song_id => 44_601,
title => "King Of The World",
user_rating => undef,
year => 1973,
},
},
sync => undef,
url => "https://apps.radioparadise.com/blocks/4/9683-9684.flac",
}
[17-10-31 17:55:26.0894] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (162) Current playtime in block (https://apps.radioparadise.com/blocks/4/9683-9684.flac?src=alexa): 0.0
[17-10-31 17:55:26.0911] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (196) Scheduling an update for the end of this song: 279
[17-10-31 17:55:26.2762] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:26.2783] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:27.6405] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:27.6442] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:27.6535] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:27.6597] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:28.2613] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:28.2633] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:29.7860] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:29.7940] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:29.7973] Plugins::BookmarkHistory::Plugin::newsongCallback (1561) Trigger for newsong exists but is to old (to be expected when you press play after reconnect). client:Slim::Player::SqueezePlay=ARRAY(0x66fa378) time: 1509472529 trigger value:1509472283 request:playlist newsong url:radioparadise://1.flac
[17-10-31 17:55:30.1047] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:30.1090] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:30.1197] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:30.1239] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:31.8031] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:31.8073] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:31.8153] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:31.8194] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:33.8273] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:33.8302] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:33.8365] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:33.8399] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:35.8487] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:35.8522] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:35.8593] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:35.8626] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:37.8708] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:37.8737] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:37.8800] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:37.8834] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:39.0032] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:39.8910] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:39.8938] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:39.9003] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:39.9036] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:41.9118] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:41.9148] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:41.9218] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:41.9252] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:43.9328] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:43.9356] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:43.9420] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:43.9453] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:43.9521] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:43.9550] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:45.9600] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:45.9616] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:45.9652] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:45.9672] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:45.9710] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:45.9726] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:47.9808] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:47.9867] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:47.9930] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:47.9964] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:48.0031] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:48.0059] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:50.0130] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata
[17-10-31 17:55:50.0161] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata

Jackisidore
2017-10-31, 11:07
Another clue: only the now playing screen is out of sync. If I hit the + on jive clients the metadata is correct

mherger
2017-10-31, 11:20
> Getmetadatafor (150). It’s flooding the log without any webclient open
> only jive clients like touch jivelite controller.
Do you happen to use the BookmarkHistory plugin? Any other 3rd party plugin?

Try to get rid of _all_ player but one. Do you see the same issues? Try
with one player, one controller of whatever kind. Issues? If not, try
another one etc.

--
--

Michael

mherger
2017-10-31, 11:23
> [17-10-31 17:55:47.9930] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata

That's too many of them. I need to figure out where they all come from.
Could you please list all your plugins, apps, players etc. you're using
with your LMS? Anything that might interact with it.

--

Michael

Jackisidore
2017-10-31, 11:32
Bookmark plugin! Removed that one and getmetadatafor is now 2 calls every 7 seconds. And nowplaying synced. Fingers crossed

Edit. And out of sync. Ill write down a list of what i use

slartibartfast
2017-10-31, 11:46
> [17-10-31 17:55:47.9930] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (150) Returning cached metadata

That's too many of them. I need to figure out where they all come from.
Could you please list all your plugins, apps, players etc. you're using
with your LMS? Anything that might interact with it.

--

MichaelRemoving Bookmark plugin fixed it for me as well. Great detective work.

slartibartfast
2017-10-31, 12:20
Now the artwork issue is fixed that just leaves the "Enable HD images" issue. I tried this on my Windows laptop and see exactly the same. If I select "Enable HD images" I see a message "Radio Paradise HD enabled" but I am not quite sure what this does.
Others have shown that this function should toggle between "Enable" and "Disable" but I don't see this on max2play or windows.
Nothing in the server log relating to this either.

gegen
2017-10-31, 12:21
Removing Bookmark plugin fixed it for me as well. Great detective work.

Same here, removed Bookmark plugin, LMS 7.9.1, rpi3 picoreplayer, Orangesqueeze controller...now playing screen updating....also updating on Squeezebox Radio using same LMS server :) Shame I liked the Bookmark plugin but Radio Paradise comes first!!
+1 great detective work!

Jackisidore
2017-10-31, 13:18
I'm probably the last one with sync issues
Plugins

Additional Browse Modes (v1.0)
Customize Device (v1.0)
Date and Time (v1.0)
Don't Stop The Music (v1.0.0)
Drag & drop music files to play (v0.1)
Full text search (v1.0.0)
Info Browser (v1.0)
Last.fm Audioscrobbler (v1.0)
Line In (v1.0)
Music and Artist Information (v1.1.6)
Music Information Screen (v4.4.11)
Music, Walk With Me (v1.1.0)
Playlist Manager (v6.1)
Radio Paradise (v2.1.0)
Random Mix (v1.0)
Rescan Music Library (v1.0)
Save Playlist (v1.0)
Spotty (v1.9.5)

Only one player (Touch) and one controller (Jivelite (max2play) or website) powered/connected

Syncing Now playing has much improved. Some tracks still won't sync. The info screen (+ key) syncs metadata correctly.

mherger
2017-10-31, 13:25
> Bookmark plugin! Removed that one and getmetadatafor is now 2 calls
> every 7 seconds. And nowplaying synced. Fingers crossed

Excellent! I'll try to figure out what interaction there is.

--

Michael

philsparks
2017-10-31, 15:56
> I think this is the right thing? I can see there's some stuff about
> Spotify (I used to use this, but not any more) is it worth getting rid
> of this?

Please uninstall the Spotify plugin. But that's likely unrelated.

Then head over to Settings/Advanced/Logging, scroll down to
plugin.radioparadise and set it to DEBUG.

--

Michael

Hi Michael - I've attached a dump of the debug listing from just before and during a reset. There are some yellow highlighted parts describing what it was doing and when. Hope it makes a bit of sense to you!!

cheers
Phil

mherger
2017-10-31, 22:32
> I'm probably the last one with sync issues

I'm about to push v2.1.1 which hopefully fixes/improves the metadata
update mechanism. Bookmark History probably triggered an issue I had in
there which other plugins might trigger, too.

> Music Information Screen (v4.4.11)

This guy, for example. Another one of mine, which I'm not using in the
environment where I did most of the RP plugin dev...

Please let me know whether 2.1.1 is improving the situation.

--

Michael

gegen
2017-11-01, 01:26
> I'm probably the last one with sync issues

I'm about to push v2.1.1 which hopefully fixes/improves the metadata
update mechanism. Bookmark History probably triggered an issue I had in
there which other plugins might trigger, too.

> Music Information Screen (v4.4.11)

This guy, for example. Another one of mine, which I'm not using in the
environment where I did most of the RP plugin dev...

Please let me know whether 2.1.1 is improving the situation.

--

Michael

Installed 2.1.1 and reinstalled Bookmarks History (v1.2.16) on Odroid XU4 LMS 7.9.1, rpi3 picoreplayer, Orangesqueeze controller...now playing screen updating :)....also updating on Squeezebox Radio using same LMS server:), (Bookmarks plugin working fine, Music Information Screen v4.4.11 not installed).

Thanks very much!!

slartibartfast
2017-11-01, 01:31
Installed 2.1.1 and reinstalled Bookmarks History (v1.2.16) on Odroid XU4 LMS 7.9.1, rpi3 picoreplayer, Orangesqueeze controller...now playing screen updating :)....also updating on Squeezebox Radio using same LMS server:), (Bookmarks plugin working fine, Music Information Screen v4.4.11 not installed).

Thanks very much!!I am a bit confused about the name of this plugin now. Is it Bookmarks or Bookmarks History. I had Bookmarks installed and I couldn't see a plugin called Bookmarks History.

gegen
2017-11-01, 01:39
I am a bit confused about the name of this plugin now. Is it Bookmarks or Bookmarks History. I had Bookmarks installed and I couldn't see a plugin called Bookmarks History.

Same thing, sorry about confusion, I was referring to the plugin called Bookmarks in LMS - Settings - Plugins.

slartibartfast
2017-11-01, 01:45
Same thing, sorry about confusion, I was referring to the plugin called Bookmarks in LMS - Settings - Plugins.Thank. I thought so but Michael had also called it Bookmarks History which made me wonder.

mherger
2017-11-01, 02:03
> I thought so but Michael had also called it Bookmarks History
> which made me wonder.
Oh, BookmarkHistory is the module name in the source code. That's what I
was looking at :-).

--

Michael

mherger
2017-11-01, 02:04
> Installed 2.1.1 and reinstalled Bookmarks History (v1.2.16) on Odroid
> XU4 LMS 7.9.1, rpi3 picoreplayer, Orangesqueeze controller...now playing
> screen updating :)....also updating on Squeezebox Radio using same LMS
> server:)

Excellent! Thanks for confirming.

--

Michael

Jackisidore
2017-11-01, 02:46
I don't see any sync issues after upgrading the plugin.

Thanks!

callesoroe
2017-11-01, 12:58

--

Michael

Now I have installed IO-socket-ssl. But still do not get any sound from Radio Paradise. I see this in the log:
[17-11-01 20:49:04.7156] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx: request not dispatchable!
[17-11-01 20:49:54.4956] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-01 20:49:55.2196] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:

xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:= mac address of the player

Ron F.
2017-11-01, 13:42
I don't see any sync issues after upgrading the plugin.

Thanks!

I do not see any more sync issues with the RP plugin either, but I see that the plugin, "What was that tune," is not updating correctly when playing FLAC from Radio Paradise.

mherger
2017-11-02, 01:24
> Now I have installed IO-socket-ssl. But still do not get any sound from
> Radio Paradise. I see this in the log:

Hmm.... you did restart LMS, didn't you? And you are able to stream from
other services?

> [17-11-01 20:49:54.4956]
> Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect
> timed out:

I'll probably add some more log output for the failure case.

--

Michael

mherger
2017-11-02, 01:25
> I do not see any more sync issues with the RP plugin either, but I see
> that the plugin, "What was that tune," is not updating correctly when
> playing FLAC from Radio Paradise.

Thanks, I'll look into that!

--

Michael

cbee
2017-11-02, 02:05
I'm using a ReadyNas Duo V1. I have installed LMS 7.9.1 successfully and Radio Paradise duly appears on my SB Touch. However, I'm getting the message "requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL". A web search leads me to believe that the older ReadyNas (sparc) models are incompatible with this. Anyone managed to install it?

mherger
2017-11-02, 02:20
> I'm using a ReadyNas Duo V1. I have installed LMS 7.9.1 successfully and
> Radio Paradise duly appears on my SB Touch. However, I'm getting the
> message "requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL". A web search leads
> me to believe that the older ReadyNas models are incompatible with this.
> Anyone managed to install it?

ReadyNAS is/was based on Debian. Once you logged in to your device using
ssh, you should be able to run

apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl

This did work on my Duo v2. Don't know about v1...

--

Michael

Mnyb
2017-11-02, 03:26
Hello was trying this out can confirm that i works , but overall it works it's plays the songs reliably with good quality :) nicely done .

Artwork change can be a bit wierd if you switch between HD images and the usual album covers . You have to restart the playback to reset .
Whats HD images for ? I was seing ducks and stuff ?

Feature request , In both web-UI and iPeng i get artist and album info great ! but they are not links to the same artist or album in my own collection ?
Is that possible ?

mherger
2017-11-02, 03:33
> Feature request , In both web-UI and iPeng i get artist and album info
> great ! but they are not links to the same artist or album in my own
> collection ?
> Is that possible ?

It's software. Anything is possible :-P.

That deep integration of content is what I would hope to see for LMS 8.
Have a single search, covering your local music as well as your online
favorites. Link content played to local music or external etc. But right
now it's not there.

--

Michael

Mnyb
2017-11-02, 03:45
> Feature request , In both web-UI and iPeng i get artist and album info
> great ! but they are not links to the same artist or album in my own
> collection ?
> Is that possible ?

It's software. Anything is possible :-P.

That deep integration of content is what I would hope to see for LMS 8.
Have a single search, covering your local music as well as your online
favorites. Link content played to local music or external etc. But right
now it's not there.

--

Michael

OK substitute possible for feasible :)

Like if half the infrastructure is already there , you have to just look up the artist in simple way a few line of code .

Or is weeks on end long projekt that affects a lot of code that then sprawls to other already well tested functions thats suddenly are jepardised have to be retested again etc .

Dodeth
2017-11-02, 04:20
...my favourite radio station sounds even more fantastic. Thanks Michael..

callesoroe
2017-11-02, 11:38
> Now I have installed IO-socket-ssl. But still do not get any sound from
> Radio Paradise. I see this in the log:

Hmm.... you did restart LMS, didn't you? And you are able to stream from
other services?

> [17-11-01 20:49:54.4956]
> Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect
> timed out:

I'll probably add some more log output for the failure case.

--

Michael

Hi Michael!

I have restarted LMS. Tidal HIFI streaming(flac) works fine. Radio stations play fine . Radio Paradise 320 kbs too.
One thing has changed. My Podcasts does not play any more. They have worked fine until the last few days.
A little more from the log after a restart of LMS:

2017-11-02 19:21:05 squeezeboxserver_safe started.
[17-11-02 19:21:16.9687] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1503129892, Sat Aug 19 08:58:11 UTC 2017) perl 5.008008 - i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
[17-11-02 19:21:28.6826] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [19:21:28.6818] Integer overflow in hexadecimal number at /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/WebM.pm line 544.
[17-11-02 19:21:29.0637] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::executeSQLFile (522) Couldn't open: /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomScan/SQL/SQLite/dbupgrade_valuesort.sql : No such file or directory
[17-11-02 19:21:29.0658] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::executeSQLFile (522) Couldn't open: /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomScan/SQL/SQLite/dbupgrade_extravalue.sql : No such file or directory
[17-11-02 19:21:29.0679] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::executeSQLFile (522) Couldn't open: /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomScan/SQL/SQLite/dbupgrade_valuetype.sql : No such file or directory
[17-11-02 19:22:55.1702] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:22:55.8953] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:23:18.8290] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:23:19.5510] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:23:37.9518] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:23:38.6682] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:25:01.0205] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't locate object method "BINMODE" via package "IO::Socket::SSL::SSL_HANDLE" at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 622.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x1 15c4584)

The last error was when I tried to start a podcast.

I even tried to reinstall IO::Socket on my NAS, if something mayby went wrong, but it says that I already is running newest version.

I have no installed the last version of the firmware to my ReadyNas Ultra II. Could that be the reason ?? I am on version RAIDiator 4.2.26

mherger
2017-11-02, 22:29

There's a WWTT 1.0.5 update which should improve this. Thanks for the
heads up!

--

Michael

Jackisidore
2017-11-03, 02:47
RP and WWTT working perfectly. I'm in audio paradise!

cbee
2017-11-03, 04:19

--

Michael

Thank you for your reply.

I accessed my RND2000 V1 SSH through puTTY and after login got a '......... unknown padre' message. I then got a nas-96-58-93: ~# prompt and entered 'apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl' , but unfortunately got a 'command unknown' message. I'm lost here!

slartibartfast
2017-11-03, 04:45

heads up!

--

Michael

Updated WWTT works perfectly with Radio Paradise. As a side effect it also works now with BBC Radio via the iPlayer plugin. Only downside on BBC radio is that some tracks seem to appear twice even when there is no noticeable change in the text displayed.

Ron F.
2017-11-03, 08:50

heads up!

--

Michael

Yes - now it works as it does with the more conventional streams. Thank you.

cbee
2017-11-03, 09:05

--

Michael

Thank you for your message, Michael.

I accessed my RND2000 V1s SSH through puTTY and input your command line, but without success. Below is the log. Any ideas please?

login as: root
root@192.168.1.**s password ************ (my normal admin password)

linux nas-96-58-93 2.6.17.14 ReadyNAS #1 Wed Jun 20 20:08:20 PDT 2012 padre unknown

nas-96-58-93:~# apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl
-bash: apt-get: command not found

Thank you

mherger
2017-11-03, 22:23
I accessed my RND2000 V1s SSH through puTTY and input your command line, but without success.

As I said I'm not sure that Debian claim was still true. You better head over to the ReadyNAS forums. I bet there are tons of users who need to install that module, as https is becoming the new http.

slartibartfast
2017-11-04, 02:29

heads up!

--

MichaelHmm after playing Radio Paradise for a while and then pausing WWTT lists the last song played 38 times. There was a quiet period overnight and this morning when the alarm went off on my black radio, WWTT started to add more instances of this song to my white radio list.

mherger
2017-11-04, 03:08
> Hmm after playing Radio Paradise for a while and then pausing WWTT lists
> the last song played 38 times. There was a quiet period overnight and
> this morning when the alarm went off on my black radio, WWTT started to
> add more instances of this song to my white radio list.

Could you please give me _exact_ instructions how to reproduce this? I'm
not seeing this in my systems.

--

Michael

mherger
2017-11-04, 05:30
> Could you please give me _exact_ instructions how to reproduce this? I'm
> not seeing this in my systems.

Never mind. I was able to reproduce this. It only happens if you have
more than one player in your LMS, RP is paused, and one other device is
playing.

--

Michael

tpicq
2017-11-04, 08:42
Hi,

I love Radio Paradise ans I'm a supporter for years now.
I have 2 configurations running Daphile latest version on LMS 7.9.1 and I can't get any sound with the plugin.
Spotty works well (great implementation).
Any idea?
Thanks.
Best.
Thierry

slartibartfast
2017-11-04, 08:55
> Could you please give me _exact_ instructions how to reproduce this? I'm
> not seeing this in my systems.

Never mind. I was able to reproduce this. It only happens if you have
more than one player in your LMS, RP is paused, and one other device is
playing.

--

MichaelI was just about to try it after being out all day. Your findings agree with mine. Is it an easy fix?

mherger
2017-11-04, 15:04
> I love Radio Paradise ans I'm a supporter for years now.
> I have 2 configurations running Daphile latest version on LMS 7.9.1 and
> I can't get any sound with the plugin.

Anything in the server.log file?

--

Michael

mherger
2017-11-04, 15:07
> I was just about to try it after being out all day. Your findings agree
> with mine. Is it an easy fix?

Please update to 1.0.6. It will hopefully fix the issue.

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2017-11-04, 16:25

--

MichaelIt seems to be fixed. It also seems to fix the issue with BBC iPlayer where tracks would appear more than once in the list.

tpicq
2017-11-05, 01:45

--

Michael

Hi Michael,

I did a fresh restart and try again the Radio Paradise Plugin here is the server log file:

[17-11-05 09:37:50.9960] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, gitd424bbe9f, Daphile 17.09-i486) perl 5.024001 - i486-linux-thread-multi-64int
[17-11-05 09:38:00.4614] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::_getPVcmd (393) Didn't find the pv (pipe viewer) utility. Please install pv using your package manager
[17-11-05 09:39:06.5051] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 09:39:07.1315] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 09:39:12.3943] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 09:39:13.0191] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:

Despite the message Spotty is working flowlessly...

Thanks for your help.
Best
Thierry

Furry
2017-11-05, 02:02
Playing RP this morning, I'm finding that the FLAC stream I'm hearing is about 45 minutes behind the RP website playlist.

However, the artwork being presented appears to be following what's current on the website. Actually, it seems to be one artwork in advance.

Stopping and restarting play doesn't change this.

Also, rebuffering happens more frequently with the FLAC stream vs. the AAC+ stream.

slartibartfast
2017-11-05, 02:09
Playing RP this morning, I'm finding that the FLAC stream I'm hearing is about 45 minutes behind the RP website playlist.

However, the artwork being presented appears to be following what's current on the website. Actually, it seems to be one artwork in advance.

Also, rebuffering happens more frequently with the FLAC stream vs. the AAC+ stream.Working OK for me, playing Cracker at the moment, whoever they are.

Edit. Having said that Leo Kottke sounds very like Dave Gilmour so I think you may be right.

slartibartfast
2017-11-05, 02:20

Also, rebuffering happens more frequently with the FLAC stream vs. the AAC+ stream.Is it something to do with the clocks going back an hour? Looking at the playlist for the last hour one track is played at 1-58 am and the next track is at 1-02 am.

tpicq
2017-11-05, 02:45

--

Michael

Hi Michael,

After a fresh restart here is the log file :

[17-11-05 09:49:30.8436] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, gitd424bbe9f, Daphile 17.09-i486) perl 5.024001 - i486-linux-thread-multi-64int
[17-11-05 09:49:36.5648] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::_getPVcmd (393) Didn't find the pv (pipe viewer) utility. Please install pv using your package manager
[17-11-05 09:51:47.3849] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 09:51:48.0644] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 09:51:51.5320] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 09:51:52.1568] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:

The Spotty plugin works well despite the message.

Thanks for your help !
Best
Thierry

quadronado
2017-11-05, 02:50
First of all I want to say thank you, Michael, for this PlugIn.

I have the same problem here with LMS 7.9.1 - 1509357021 on Raspbian Light. The Picture, Artist and Title does not fit the sound. And the Picture doesn't change when a new track starts. I have to use shazam to know what I'm listening to. Plugin Version is 2.1.1.
It worked with an update that came a few days ago. But I think it was after an update for the "what was this tune?" plugin when it stopped working again.

My Plugins: Bookmarks, Spotty, what was this tune?, Radio Paradise, Music and Artist Information, LastMix

Edit: Picture changes, but not when the track changes.

Ron F.
2017-11-05, 08:10
Yes, I should probably say it in every post at this point - thank you Michael, for your years of work on LMS.

In addition to the loss of correlation between the music and the info that goes with it, I see that the URL now being used is 4.flac, when it was 1.flac before when it was working.

mherger
2017-11-05, 09:24
> Playing RP this morning, I'm finding that the FLAC stream I'm hearing is
> about 45 minutes behind the RP website playlist.

I can confirm something's wrong right now. But TBH I'm not sure it's in
the plugin or on RP's end: I would get metadata for two songs, starting
with ID x, but the stream URL I get would indicate ID x-1 to x+1. This
already is questionable. If I then request the next junk, I would get
metadata for the same two tracks, but a stream URL indicating other
track IDs. I'll ping Bill before anything else.

Please note that the flac stream isn't a "real time" stream. All those
shows are pre-recorded. Otherwise you couldn't skip tracks. Basically
the old mp3/aac streams would just play track 1 to x straight through.
But with the track based flac stream you could skip tracks 2-3, playing
#4 when the mp3 stream was still on #2. Or if you paused RP for a few
hours, unpausing it would continue where you left (eg. track 10), while
the mp3 stream would be on track 25 already. Skipping to the next block
would probably bring you up in sync with mp3 again etc. I think I
mentioned this (in less detail) in my announcement.
--

Michael

mherger
2017-11-05, 09:25
> Media Server (v7.9.1, gitd424bbe9f, Daphile 17.09-i486) perl 5.024001 -
> i486-linux-thread-multi-64int
> [17-11-05 09:49:36.5648] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::_getPVcmd (393)
> Didn't find the pv (pipe viewer) utility. Please install pv using your
> package manager

As the message says: please install pv using your package manager.

--

Michael

mherger
2017-11-05, 09:29
> In addition to the loss of correlation between the music and the info
> that goes with it, I see that the URL now being used is 4.flac, when it
> was 1.flac before when it was working.

No worries there: the filename currently is irrelevant. Only the
extension and the "protocol" are used at this point.

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2017-11-05, 09:37
Yes, I should probably say it in every post at this point - thank you Michael, for your years of work on LMS.

In addition to the loss of correlation between the music and the info that goes with it, I see that the URL now being used is 4.flac, when it was 1.flac before when it was working.

If I play from my stored favourite the URL is 1.flac but the playback is still half an hour behind the artwork.

tpicq
2017-11-05, 09:53
> In addition to the loss of correlation between the music and the info
> that goes with it, I see that the URL now being used is 4.flac, when it
> was 1.flac before when it was working.

No worries there: the filename currently is irrelevant. Only the
extension and the "protocol" are used at this point.

--

Michael

Thanks Michael,

Daphile is a fully prepackaged Hifi streamer as you may know.
I'm just able to add plugins like yours.
How should I add Pipe Viewer?
By the way it's linked to Spotty and not to the Radio Paradise plugin.

I've removed Spotty and still unable to have Radio Paradise work with the plugin, here is the server.log file after restart:

[17-11-05 17:51:06.2378] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, gitd424bbe9f, Daphile 17.09-x86_64) perl 5.024001 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
[17-11-05 17:52:23.9218] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 17:52:24.7751] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 17:52:28.9222] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 17:52:29.7752] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:

Thanks.
best.
Thierry

mherger
2017-11-05, 10:13
Daphile is a fully prepackaged Hifi streamer as you may know.
I'm just able to add plugins like yours.
How should I add Pipe Viewer?

Get in touch with the Daphile dev. I can't help in this case. And make sure IO::Socket::SSL is installed, too.

[17-11-05 17:51:06.2378] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, gitd424bbe9f, Daphile 17.09-x86_64) perl 5.024001 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
[17-11-05 17:52:23.9218] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 17:52:24.7751] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 17:52:28.9222] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-05 17:52:29.7752] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:

Would other online streams/services work?

tpicq
2017-11-05, 10:20
Get in touch with the Daphile dev. I can't help in this case. And make sure IO::Socket::SSL is installed, too.

Would other online streams/services work?

Thanks Michael,

Every service I've tested worked : Spotty with your plugin, Linn Radio, FIP, The Jazz Groove etc.

Best.
Thierry

mherger
2017-11-05, 10:21

Bill just confirmed there was a problem on his end, and he was working
on it.

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2017-11-06, 01:48

Bill just confirmed there was a problem on his end, and he was working
on it.

--

MichaelBill seems to have fixed it :-)

mherger
2017-11-06, 03:20
> Bill seems to have fixed it :-)

Yep, it's been streaming fine for a few hours. Send him some love ;-).

--

Michael

Tony T
2017-11-06, 06:28
Just found this today when my RP plugin updated.
Thanks Michael!

Tony T
2017-11-06, 06:32

When you're playing lossless Radio Paradise you can now press the FWD button to skip a track you don't like. Simple as that. Have fun!

I was just trying (unsuccessfully) to get PSD as a Favorite in the WebUI when I saw this.
Not sure which I like better, this or FLAC :)

BTW, do you still need PSD in the WebUI My Apps and in the Contextual Menu on the SB Radio? Maybe just a message to press FWD for PSD?

Tony T
2017-11-06, 06:56
If you want to add it to a playlist or prefs, use the url "radioparadise://1.flac".

Not sure if this was mentioned, but there's more than 1. When I selected from My Apps I get "radioparadise://4.flac".

Tony T
2017-11-06, 07:01
I'm also having the "Enable Radio Paradise HD images" issue reported a few pages back.
Clicking "Enable…" does not enable HD Images, and the option never toggles to "Disable…"
I'm running 7.9.1 on a pCP

Log (Debug) show nothing, just:

17-11-06 08:58:34.0976] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (179) Returning cached metadata
[17-11-06 08:58:34.1001] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (179) Returning cached metadata
[17-11-06 08:59:23.2294] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (179) Returning cached metadata
[17-11-06 08:59:23.2319] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (179) Returning cached metadata
[17-11-06 08:59:23.2388] Slim::Networking::Async::DNS::__ANON__ (76) Got DNS response 52.85.93.198 for img.radioparadise.com (ttl 59)
[17-11-06 08:59:28.4243] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (179) Returning cached metadata

ok, I'm done with playing with the options on the updated Plug-in, time to just enjoy the new FLAC stream and now easily selected PSD :):)

slartibartfast
2017-11-06, 07:53
I'm also having the "Enable Radio Paradise HD images" issue reported a few pages back.
Clicking "Enable" does not enable HD Images, and the option never toggles to "Disable"
I'm running 7.9.1 on a pCP

Log (Debug) show nothing, just:

17-11-06 08:58:34.0976] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (179) Returning cached metadata
[17-11-06 08:58:34.1001] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (179) Returning cached metadata
[17-11-06 08:59:23.2294] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (179) Returning cached metadata
[17-11-06 08:59:23.2319] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (179) Returning cached metadata
[17-11-06 08:59:23.2388] Slim::Networking::Async::DNS::__ANON__ (76) Got DNS response 52.85.93.198 for img.radioparadise.com (ttl 59)
[17-11-06 08:59:28.4243] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::getMetada taFor (179) Returning cached metadata

ok, I'm done with playing with the options on the updated Plug-in, time to just enjoy the new FLAC stream and now easily selected PSD :):)If you enable HD images from the context menu instead of the option in the App it seems to work.

Tony T
2017-11-06, 08:38
If you enable HD images from the context menu instead of the option in the App it seems to work.

Tried that on my SB Radio, still no HD Images.
(I don't use HD Images, but just thought I'd report it)

slartibartfast
2017-11-06, 09:03
Tried that on my SB Radio, still no HD Images.
(I don't use HD Images, but just thought I'd report it)Strange. It works for me on the SB Radio and Orange Squeeze.

slartibartfast
2017-11-06, 15:33

--

Michael

WWTT 1.0.6 seems to prevent local tracks being listed. There was a comment in the WWTT thread about this so I tried it and no local tracks at all were listed.

Ron F.
2017-11-06, 21:20
Yup, when I play tracks from my own collection, they "usually" do not appear in WWTT (v1.0.6.) I actually did see one local track appear in the WWTT display, after the track had finished playing.

mherger
2017-11-06, 21:59
> WWTT 1.0.6 seems to prevent local tracks being listed. There was a
> comment in the WWTT thread about this so I tried it and no local tracks
> at all were listed.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll follow up in the WWTT thread.

--

Michael

Tony T
2017-11-09, 06:16
I'm really enjoying and listening to RP more now with FLAC, and the PSD with the Next Track button is great!
(This was enough to get me off my a$$ to finally make a support payment to RP)

Tony T
2017-11-09, 08:48
When in PSD (and FLAC), is there a way to get back to the RP Main Stream?
(Tried Prev Track, but that just restarts the track)

mherger
2017-11-09, 09:36
> When in PSD (and FLAC), is there a way to get back to the RP Main
> Stream?

In FLAC there's no such thing as a main stream, or even PSD. It's
basically a never ending playlist. If you decide to skip a track, then
well, you skip a track. But you can't skip back. Which means that as
soon as you've skipped a track, you'd be ahead of the "main stream".
Which allows you to know what listeners on the regular mp3 stream would
listen to in an hour from now :-).

> (Tried Prev Track, but that just restarts the track)

Hmm... how did you do so? I thought I had disabled Previous.

--

Michael

Tony T
2017-11-09, 09:54
> When in PSD (and FLAC), is there a way to get back to the RP Main
> Stream?

In FLAC there's no such thing as a main stream, or even PSD. It's
basically a never ending playlist. If you decide to skip a track, then
well, you skip a track. But you can't skip back. Which means that as
soon as you've skipped a track, you'd be ahead of the "main stream".
Which allows you to know what listeners on the regular mp3 stream would
listen to in an hour from now :-).

> (Tried Prev Track, but that just restarts the track)

Hmm... how did you do so? I thought I had disabled Previous.

--

Michael

Ah!, that makes sense, thanks.
I see it's disabled on the WebUI, but the Prev Track on my remote restarts the track.

tpicq
2017-11-10, 08:24
Thanks Michael,

Every service I've tested worked : Spotty with your plugin, Linn Radio, FIP, The Jazz Groove etc.

Best.
Thierry

Hi,

I've been in touch with Kimmo the developper of Daphile and he just released a beta version to support your plugin.
I'm testing it but it seems to work Daphile + Radio Paradise Flac plugin !
Thanks both of you.
Best.
Thierry

callesoroe
2017-11-13, 08:37
Hi Michael!

I have restarted LMS. Tidal HIFI streaming(flac) works fine. Radio stations play fine . Radio Paradise 320 kbs too.
One thing has changed. My Podcasts does not play any more. They have worked fine until the last few days.
A little more from the log after a restart of LMS:

2017-11-02 19:21:05 squeezeboxserver_safe started.
[17-11-02 19:21:16.9687] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1503129892, Sat Aug 19 08:58:11 UTC 2017) perl 5.008008 - i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
[17-11-02 19:21:28.6826] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [19:21:28.6818] Integer overflow in hexadecimal number at /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/WebM.pm line 544.
[17-11-02 19:21:29.0637] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::executeSQLFile (522) Couldn't open: /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomScan/SQL/SQLite/dbupgrade_valuesort.sql : No such file or directory
[17-11-02 19:21:29.0658] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::executeSQLFile (522) Couldn't open: /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomScan/SQL/SQLite/dbupgrade_extravalue.sql : No such file or directory
[17-11-02 19:21:29.0679] Plugins::CustomScan::Scanner::executeSQLFile (522) Couldn't open: /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomScan/SQL/SQLite/dbupgrade_valuetype.sql : No such file or directory
[17-11-02 19:22:55.1702] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:22:55.8953] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:23:18.8290] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:23:19.5510] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:23:37.9518] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:23:38.6682] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-02 19:25:01.0205] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't locate object method "BINMODE" via package "IO::Socket::SSL::SSL_HANDLE" at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 622.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x1 15c4584)

The last error was when I tried to start a podcast.

I even tried to reinstall IO::Socket on my NAS, if something mayby went wrong, but it says that I already is running newest version.

I have no installed the last version of the firmware to my ReadyNas Ultra II. Could that be the reason ?? I am on version RAIDiator 4.2.26

I now has newest Raidiator 4.2.31 but I still get these when I try to play Radio Parasise FLAC:

[17-11-13 16:30:13.8953] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-13 16:30:14.6206] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:

Any ideas why it does not work on ReadyNas Ultra
?

callesoroe
2017-11-13, 15:33
I now has newest Raidiator 4.2.31 but I still get these when I try to play Radio Parasise FLAC:

[17-11-13 16:30:13.8953] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:
[17-11-13 16:30:14.6206] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:

Any ideas why it does not work on ReadyNas Ultra
?

I installed LMS 7.9.1 on my windows machine. And I must say. Sound is great. Thumps up for Radio Paradise for taking sound quality seriously.
First Radio Station that can be used for serious listening on my Martin Logans..... And some great music they play :):):)

cbee
2017-11-14, 08:11
As I said I'm not sure that Debian claim was still true. You better head over to the ReadyNAS forums. I bet there are tons of users who need to install that module, as https is becoming the new http.

In the end I gave up on the ReadyNas Duo and picked up a ReadyNas RN102 on which everything installed without the slightest problem. Now hearing RP in glorious lossless sound. Thank you, Michael, for all your hard work with this and everything else you have done to keep Squeezebox alive.

mherger
2017-11-14, 10:22
> Any ideas why it does not work on ReadyNas Ultra

No idea, sorry. Maybe it's Perl 5.8 is just too old to support today's
https protocols?

--

Michael

Zombie
2017-11-15, 08:46
Suddenly the plugin is gone and/or doesn't work, what's up?:cool:

Ron F.
2017-11-15, 09:24
It is not working for me either this morning. I suspect Radio Paradise has temporarily disabled the URL? I guess at least for now we drop back down to the 320 kbps AAC stream.

garym
2017-11-15, 09:29
Suddenly the plugin is gone and/or doesn't work, what's up?:cool:

still there and still working on my end.

slartibartfast
2017-11-15, 09:34
still there and still working on my end.Stopped working for me as well. It was working 4 hours ago.

garym
2017-11-15, 09:39
I misspoke. Still there, but stops after 3 or 4 seconds.

mherger
2017-11-15, 09:49
> I misspoke. Still there, but stops after 3 or 4 seconds.

Yep, something's wrong. All the information I now get back is:

Nothing to see here.
Nothing. No thing. Nada. Zip. Null. Void. etc.

:-/

--

Michael

simonheard
2017-11-15, 11:43
Saw the various posts. Working again now here (SW London UK)

callesoroe
2017-11-16, 08:31
Anyone who has succeeded in getting Radio Paradise FLAC running on a ReadyNas server ???

mherger
2017-11-18, 04:12
> Anyone who has succeeded in getting Radio Paradise FLAC running on a
> ReadyNas server ???

I bet it depends on the ReadyNAS model. Older models (NV, Duo) seem to
have a problem with encrypted https, even if the IO::Socket::SSL module
is installed. They're still running an ancient Perl 5.8. Maybe that's
just not up to the task.

--

Michael

callesoroe
2017-11-19, 04:14
> Anyone who has succeeded in getting Radio Paradise FLAC running on a
> ReadyNas server ???

I bet it depends on the ReadyNAS model. Older models (NV, Duo) seem to
have a problem with encrypted https, even if the IO::Socket::SSL module
is installed. They're still running an ancient Perl 5.8. Maybe that's
just not up to the task.

--

Michael

Mine is a ReadyNas Ultra but it uses Pearl 5.8.8 too . Anyway to get a newer version of Perl, that can do the task.... ?

mherger
2017-11-19, 23:11
> Mine is a ReadyNas Ultra but it uses Pearl 5.8.8 too . Anyway to get a
> newer version of Perl, that can do the task.... ?

I'd rather go the Pi way: get a Raspberry Pi, install piCorePlayer or
max2Play, and use this to run LMS. You can still leave your music files
on the NAS. But it's a much more modern platform, and well supported.

--

Michael

Gomez
2017-11-27, 04:41
First off excellent work on the plugin, a dream come true in my book Lossless Radio Paradise Woohoo.
Unfortunately I tried to put it on today and I got cant connect to server for although the artwork shows.
Any idea whats going on :confused:

Gomez...

mherger
2017-11-27, 07:30
> Unfortunately I tried to put it on today and I got “ can’t connect to
> server for “ although the artwork shows.

Likely a temporary issue on RP's end. It has happened before.

RP is always good for a surprise. They sometimes play music from an
artist from the city of Berne, where I had lived for a while. You could
hardly hear him on Swiss radio stations. But RP does play him (Mich Gerber).

And today, as I am investigating the issue you reported, metadata was
returned for a German band, singing in German (2raumwohnung). That
station is just amazing. Hopefully it'll be back soon.
--

Michael

mherger
2017-11-27, 11:19
It’s working again.

Gomez
2017-11-27, 11:44
It€™s working again.

Woohoo you’re right, All is good and Alexa RP skill s working again :cool:

Ps
I have been listening to a couple of Mich Gerber albums recently Mystery Bay & Wanderer.

ks.234
2017-12-02, 03:49
Enjoy the lossless stream right on your Squeezebox!

Many Radio Paradise lovers were ecstatic when they heard about the lossless FLAC stream they have offered for a while. Unfortunately it's not available as a simple stream - thus not available on your beloved Squeezebox. No more! I've added support for the FLAC version of Radio Paradise to my plugin. The stream is available from My Apps/Radio Paradise.

If you want to add it to a playlist or prefs, use the

Please note that for technical reasons outside my control this "stream" can be off by a few minutes, compared to the mp3 stream, or even the RP website. In most cases I've seen the FLAC version was ahead of the others.

(oh, and if you like what you're hearing, don't forget to - they deserve it :-))

Enjoy!

Michael

Hi, I've tried cutting and pasting URL into favourites with http and without, and with quote marks and without, but still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Also RP forum says there is an app for RP Flac, but I can't find it. Am I missing something?

ks.234
2017-12-02, 05:27
Enjoy the lossless stream right on your Squeezebox!

If you want to add it to a playlist or prefs, use the url "radioparadise://4.flac".

(oh, and if you like what you're hearing, don't forget to - they deserve it :-))

Enjoy!

Michael

I've tried cutting and pasting the URL above into favourites in MySqueezebox but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong

mherger
2017-12-02, 06:49
> I've tried cutting and pasting the URL above into favourites in
> MySqueezebox but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong

Do you have the plugin installed?

--

Michael

garym
2017-12-02, 07:18
In your LMS webGUI, go to Settings > Plugins tab, Then tick box next to show 3rd party plugins. Then find "Radio Paradise" plugin and select it and hit APPLY. Then LMS will ask you to restart. (Note you must be running a local LMS. Using only mysqueezebox.com won't get you RP lossless files.)

ks.234
2017-12-02, 07:29
> I've tried cutting and pasting the URL above into favourites in
> MySqueezebox but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong

Do you have the plugin installed?

--

Michael

No, no plugin. I'm a complete novice, how do I do this?

slartibartfast
2017-12-02, 07:31
No, no plugin. I'm a complete novice, how do I do this?The post directly above yours tells you what to do.

garym
2017-12-02, 07:32
No, no plugin. I'm a complete novice, how do I do this?

First you need to install LMS on a local computer. then follow my instructions above to install the plugin. See the "download logitech media server" in the box on upper left side of this page.

http://mysqueezebox.com/index/Home

oops. I think you need LMS 7.9. Download and install LMS for your operating system here:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9

ks.234
2017-12-02, 07:35
many thanks

kappclark
2017-12-02, 08:55
I guess Christmas came a little early this year ! -- Thank you for putting this together ...great stream.. the plugin came in fine, and running off my vortexbox 2.4 with LMS 7.9.1 -- excellent stuff.

ks.234
2017-12-03, 02:52
First you need to install LMS on a local computer. then follow my instructions above to install the plugin. See the "download logitech media server" in the box on upper left side of this page.

http://mysqueezebox.com/index/Home

oops. I think you need LMS 7.9. Download and install LMS for your operating system here:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9

Many thanks for everyone's patience so far. I cant set this up, I get dialogue box with: "unable to execute file.....create process failed: code 225 Operation failed because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software"

mherger
2017-12-03, 05:46
> Many thanks for everyone's patience so far. I cant set this up, get
> dialogue bow with: "unable to execute file.....create process failed:
> code 225 Operation failed because the file contains a virus or
> potentially unwanted software"

I think you should give us a little more information: what operating
system are you running (I bet it's some Windows)? What file did you
download and try to install? What is giving you above error message?

--

Michael

ks.234
2017-12-03, 07:02
> Many thanks for everyone's patience so far. I cant set this up, get
> dialogue bow with: "unable to execute file.....create process failed:
> code 225 Operation failed because the file contains a virus or
> potentially unwanted software"

I think you should give us a little more information: what operating
system are you running (I bet it's some Windows)? What file did you
download and try to install? What is giving you above error message?

--

Michael

Apologies, as advised previously, trying to download LogitechMediaServer-7.9.1-1511768958.exe for Window 10. Error message comes at very end of download process

kidstypike
2017-12-03, 10:00
For info

Win 10

Just downloaded and installed LMS 7.9.1 - 1511768958 from here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9

No problems

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1511768958 @ Mon Nov 27 07:56:56 CUT 2017
Hostname: George-PC
Server IP Address: 192.168.1.139
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 0

garym
2017-12-03, 10:02
Apologies, as advised previously, trying to download LogitechMediaServer-7.9.1-1511768958.exe for Window 10. Error message comes at very end of download process

sounds like you're trying to download and install in one step. First just download (Save) the 7.9.1 file to your desktop. Then after download, try to run the .exe file on your desktop. Could be an overzealous anti-virus program stopping it.

ks.234
2017-12-03, 10:37
sounds like you're trying to download and install in one step. First just download (Save) the 7.9.1 file to your desktop. Then after download, try to run the .exe file on your desktop. Could be an overzealous anti-virus program stopping it.

Just uninstalled LMS and re installed LMS from MySB, then run it for a bit, the intalled LMS 7.9 from slimdevices.com.

All fine until I put the radioparadise://4.flac into favourites, then when I try to play I get dialogue box: "Warning: We tried to verify this stream, but were unable to connect to the stream server. This stream may not play properly on your player. (500 Can't connect to radioparadise::80 (Bad hostname))" ???

Additional info; Just noticed something. When I ticked radio paradise in 3rd party pluggins it said something like "for lossless and for access to the play something different feature" I ticked box, clicked 'apply' and waited for LMS to restart. Radio Paradise now in 'Active Pluggins' but dialogue only says for 'play something different feature'. Dialogue about 'lossless' no longer there??

garym
2017-12-03, 10:41
Just uninstalled LMS and re installed LMS from MySB, then run it for a bit, the intalled LMS 7.9 from slimdevices.com.

All fine until I put the radioparadise://4.flac into favourites, then when I try to play I get dialogue box: "Warning: We tried to verify this stream, but were unable to connect to the stream server. This stream may not play properly on your player. (500 Can't connect to radioparadise::80 (Bad hostname))" ???

your player is connected to the newly installed LMS (and not just mysqueezebox.com) correct? For example, on your player select "my music" from menu. This should offer to connect you to the LMS running locally (with whatever name you gave the LMS in LMS > Settings > Basic Settings tab, media library name). And the radioparadise needs to be a favorite on your local LMS, not just mysb.com.

slartibartfast
2017-12-03, 10:41

All fine until I put the radioparadise://4.flac into favourites, then when I try to play I get dialogue box: "Warning: We tried to verify this stream, but were unable to connect to the stream server. This stream may not play properly on your player. (500 Can't connect to radioparadise::80 (Bad hostname))" ???Have you installed the Radio Paradise plugin?

radekker
2017-12-10, 09:25
This is really great, thank you very much.
I'm using the RP flac plugin together with the UPnP/DLNA bridge to stream directly to the built in DLNA player in my Hegel H160 amp.
Squeeze Ctrl (on an android phone) can go to the next or previous song.
Even the volume on the Hegel can be controlled remotely.
It never sounded so smooth.
I'm very happy.

ks.234
2017-12-12, 09:38
Many thanks for everyone's patience so far, but I still cannot get RP lossless. I am on Windows 10 from a laptop. I have LMS updated to 7.9.1 on my laptop. I have mysqueezebox on my laptop and the Touch connected to my HiFi. I have followed all the steps described in previous posts, but when it comes to playing Rp I get error message:
Mysqueezebox.com says:
Warning: We tried to verify this stream, but were unable to connect to the stream server. This stream may not play properly on your player. (500 Can't connect to radioparadise::80 (Bad hostname))

I have named LMS in LMS > Settings > Basic Settings tab, media library name as previously advised. LMS is running and Touch is finding LMS to play music on my laptop.

However, if I go advanced>advanced settings> and then on the LMS web page go to 'player' tab, it says 'your player not found'. Do I need to do something else to join my Touch to LMS?

Also, when I open up LMS server control panel from laptop and go to 'Account' tab an sign in to Mysqueezebox.com, the next time I open LMS server control panel the password has changed in that where there were the same number of bullet points as characters in my password, there are 2x the bulletpoints as I have characters in my password and deleting the excess makes no difference.

Any help appreciated

garym
2017-12-12, 11:59
Many thanks for everyone's patience so far, but I still cannot get RP lossless. I am on Windows 10 from a laptop. I have LMS updated to 7.9.1 on my laptop. I have mysqueezebox on my laptop and the Touch connected to my HiFi. I have followed all the steps described in previous posts, but when it comes to playing Rp I get error message:
Mysqueezebox.com says:
Warning: We tried to verify this stream, but were unable to connect to the stream server. This stream may not play properly on your player. (500 Can't connect to radioparadise::80 (Bad hostname))

I have named LMS in LMS > Settings > Basic Settings tab, media library name as previously advised. LMS is running and Touch is finding LMS to play music on my laptop.

However, if I go advanced>advanced settings> and then on the LMS web page go to 'player' tab, it says 'your player not found'. Do I need to do something else to join my Touch to LMS?

Also, when I open up LMS server control panel from laptop and go to 'Account' tab an sign in to Mysqueezebox.com, the next time I open LMS server control panel the password has changed in that where there were the same number of bullet points as characters in my password, there are 2x the bulletpoints as I have characters in my password and deleting the excess makes no difference.

Any help appreciated

Once you add your mysqueezebox.com credentials to LMS via LMS > Settings > mysqueezebox tab, you are set. When you go back and look at it again, it will show your email adddress and the password space will be blank in the webgui (or in the control panel, it will just be a number of bullet points, but not equal to the number of letters in your password).

It is not clear to me whether you have your touch connected to LMS on windows rather than mysqueezebox.com (in the cloud). This is because you mention an error on mysqueezebox.com. But you shouldn't be using mysqueezebox.com at this point.

With LMS running on your windows machine, on the TOUCH menu itself, find "my music" and select this. This should offer up the name of your LMS library to connect to. This step will make sure you are connected to your local LMS rather than mysqueezebox.com.

And also, I can't recall. You have added the radioparadise plugin correct? You get to this by going to the webGUI for LMS on windows machine, lower right select "settings", then select the "plugins" tab. be sure to tick the "show all 3rd party plugins" Then find Radio Paradise plugin, tick it, hit apply and then allow LMS to restart.

Man in a van
2017-12-13, 03:36
Any help appreciated

check your pm ;)

Ronnie

Rasso01
2017-12-13, 10:33

--

Michael

I got this message running the install on Netgear Duo V2

root@NASDUO-Rasso01:~# apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libupsclient1 libpcap0.8 cracklib-runtime libnss-mdns libcrack2 libcap-ng0 libavahi-client3 libnet1
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following extra packages will be installed:
libnet-libidn-perl libnet-ssleay-perl
Suggested packages:
libio-socket-inet6-perl
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-libidn-perl libnet-ssleay-perl
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 96 not upgraded.
Need to get 284 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,270 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
libnet-ssleay-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-libidn-perl
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Err http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main libnet-ssleay-perl armel 1.36-1
404 Not Found [IP: 208.80.154.15 80]
Err http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main libio-socket-ssl-perl all 1.33-1+squeeze1
Err http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main libnet-libidn-perl armel 0.12.ds-1+b1
Failed to fetch http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libn/libnet-ssleay-perl/libnet-ssleay-perl_1.36-1_armel.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 208.80.154.15 80]
Failed to fetch http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libi/libio-socket-ssl-perl/libio-socket-ssl-perl_1.33-1+squeeze1_all.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 208.80.154.15 80]
Failed to fetch http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libn/libnet-libidn-perl/libnet-libidn-perl_0.12.ds-1+b1_armel.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 208.80.154.15 80]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

What is wrong?

usc95
2017-12-13, 17:06
I just wanted to say thanks for this great plugin as it has introduced me to this great radio station. I knew Radio Paradise was popular with Squeezebox users and I tried it in the past but did not enjoy it. Little did I know that I should just give it time as the music programmers really know what they are doing with their ability to make a variety of genres and styles flow over the course of a few hours. I have a feeling this will become one of my more often used radio stations.

mherger
2017-12-13, 23:07
> What is wrong?

You better ask the ReadyNAS community. I fear the base system is so old,
it's becoming harder and harder to find those legacy files.

--

Michael

Rasso01
2017-12-14, 06:24
> What is wrong?

You better ask the ReadyNAS community. I fear the base system is so old,
it's becoming harder and harder to find those legacy files.

--

Michael

Thx for help anyway. I found that you have to change to a archive for fecthing the modules. here
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/310726/how-to-update-debian-6-0-squeeze-at-current-moment

The modules are installed and now I can start Radio Paradise but the log saying : [17-12-14 14:07:46.9732] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:

I have to dig further

regards from Denmark and Happy Christmas

ks.234
2017-12-15, 03:31
I'm up and running with RP Flac!!

All thanks to Man in Van calling me and talking me through my many and various issue with bloody Windows.

I don't know how to thank Ronnie enough, a real star. Thanks to him I'm now sat here enjoying the joy of lossless....at last.....as Vinnie Jones said; 'it's been emotional'!

Man in a van
2017-12-15, 09:56
It's good to talk, reminded me of Beattie and her advice to "get an 'ology" :rolleyes:

Part of the problem was Windows Defender (Pro 10) stopping the LMS from running properly, I'm now happy :D but a little bit greyer :(.

slartibartfast
2017-12-18, 09:32
I don't see RadioParadise app on mysqueezebox.com. How do I get this app installed? ThxIt isn't available on mysqueezebox.com. You need LMS.

earthbased
2017-12-18, 09:33
It isn't available on mysqueezebox.com. You need LMS.

Yeah, I found the plugin after refreshing list after 7.9.1 install. Will read thru thread to get working. Using Qnap/SSOTS.

Man in a van
2017-12-18, 09:43
Yeah, I found the plugin after refreshing list after 7.9.1 install. Will read thru thread to get working. Using Qnap/SSOTS.

You might need to also read this

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108292-LogitechMediaServer-for-Qnap-x86_64-with-qts-4-2-or-higher

Ronnie

If it is arm based NAS, then a pi is the better option and easiest to maintain.

Ronnie

earthbased
2017-12-20, 09:32
You might need to also read this

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108292-LogitechMediaServer-for-Qnap-x86_64-with-qts-4-2-or-higher

Ronnie

If it is arm based NAS, then a pi is the better option and easiest to maintain.

Ronnie

I have a TS-251A with Celeron N3060 X86-64. Some questions: 1) Since I currently use SSOTS, will using DIGIMASTER package use same install location? 2) If so, will SSOTS cause problems if not uninstalled? 3) In App Center I have LMS listed as 7.7.2 but it stops and starts my current version 7.9.1 so I see no way to use DIGIMASTER package from this App Center as DIGIMASTER stated it could be; do I have to REMOVE LMS from App Center and if so will this cause any problems since I use SSOTS currently? Thx

Man in a van
2017-12-20, 11:46
I have a TS-251A with Celeron N3060 X86-64. Some questions: 1) Since I currently use SSOTS, will using DIGIMASTER package use same install location? 2) If so, will SSOTS cause problems if not uninstalled? 3) In App Center I have LMS listed as 7.7.2 but it stops and starts my current version 7.9.1 so I see no way to use DIGIMASTER package from this App Center as DIGIMASTER stated it could be; do I have to REMOVE LMS from App Center and if so will this cause any problems since I use SSOTS currently? Thx

Sorry I can't help :(, I abandoned Qnap NAS a long time ago, mine just holds the files nowadays.

I use either a raspberry pi or a Joggler to hold my LMS. :)

Digimaster is the one to answer your questions.

mherger
2017-12-20, 12:21
> I have a TS-251A with Celeron N3060 X86-64. Some questions: 1) Since I
> currently use SSOTS, will using DIGIMASTER package use same install
> location? 2) If so, will SSOTS cause problems if not uninstalled? 3) In
> App Center I have LMS listed as 7.7.2 but it stops and starts my current
> version 7.9.1 so I see no way to use DIGIMASTER package from this App
> Center as DIGIMASTER stated it could be; do I have to REMOVE LMS from
> App Center and if so will this cause any problems since I use SSOTS
> currently? Thx

You should ask in a QNAP related thread. This is the wrong place.

--

Michael

earthbased
2017-12-20, 14:28
> I have a TS-251A with Celeron N3060 X86-64. Some questions: 1) Since I
> currently use SSOTS, will using DIGIMASTER package use same install
> location? 2) If so, will SSOTS cause problems if not uninstalled? 3) In
> App Center I have LMS listed as 7.7.2 but it stops and starts my current
> version 7.9.1 so I see no way to use DIGIMASTER package from this App
> Center as DIGIMASTER stated it could be; do I have to REMOVE LMS from
> App Center and if so will this cause any problems since I use SSOTS
> currently? Thx

You should ask in a QNAP related thread. This is the wrong place.

--

Michael

Will do. Thx

Furry
2017-12-22, 02:37
There appears to still be a problem with timing / skipping:

On several occasions, a track has been interrupted by another starting abruptly in the 'middle' (or earlier, or later) of it.

This morning (UK), while listening on one of my Radios, Santana was interrupted by Talking Heads.

I changed to the AAC+ stream, and about half a track later the Santana track started. Eventually, the Talking Heads track came round.

I checked the playlist, and found that Talking Heads was several tracks ahead of Santana, and that Santana was anyway ahead of where the AAC+ stream had been when I started listening to FLAC (IYSWIM).

michaelvv
2017-12-28, 06:05
Hi Michael.

Thanks for your Radio Paradise Flac plugin works fine.

I have a question. I'm using LMS Api a lot as I have wrote my own software to control it.

Is it possible to from an API call to start your plugin, as I can do when I start the normal AAC stream
from Radio Paradise. I just curl it and send these Json data to it.

url(127.0.0.1:9000/jsonrpc.js) , post({"id":1,"method":"slim.request","params":["michael",["songinfo","0","100","url:http:\/\/stream-dc1.radioparadise.com\/aac-320.m3u"]]})

Hope you understand what I want to achieve.

Thanks Michael.

mherger
2017-12-28, 09:50
> Is it possible to from an API call to start your plugin, as I can do
> when I start the normal AAC stream
> from Radio Paradise. I just curl it and send these Json data to it.

Yes, that's possible. See my very first posting in this thread...

--

Michael

aes
2017-12-30, 15:14
Pardon my ignorance, but can you explain how to set this up? Thanks.

garym
2017-12-30, 15:20
Pardon my ignorance, but can you explain how to set this up? Thanks.

what "this" do you mean. If you mean the basic RadioParadise plugin that allows FLAC, see this:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108189-Announce-Radio-Paradise-Lossless-Streaming-(Plugin-v2)

Just go to LMS > Settings > Plugins. tick the "show 3rd party plugins" and then tick the Radio Paradise plugin.

michaelvv
2017-12-31, 04:56
> Is it possible to from an API call to start your plugin, as I can do
> when I start the normal AAC stream
> from Radio Paradise. I just curl it and send these Json data to it.

Yes, that's possible. See my very first posting in this thread...

--

Michael

Thanks it works... Like you plugin very much, keep up the good work...

JanB
2018-01-03, 13:05
The Play Now info is not corresponding with the music played on my Touch. I use the latest version of the LMS on a Mac Mini. I think it is important that the info is corresponding, so Ill go back to RP 320AAC for now..

slartibartfast
2018-01-03, 14:37
The Play Now info is not corresponding with the music played on my Touch. I use the latest version of the LMS on a Mac Mini. I think it is important that the info is corresponding, so Ill go back to RP 320AAC for now..This has happened before a few months ago. Let us hope that Michael sees this and alerts Radio Paradise to the issue.

mherger
2018-01-03, 22:17
> This has happened before a few months ago. Let us hope that Michael sees
> this and alerts Radio Paradise to the issue.

Thanks. Bill usually fixed this within a few hours. Please let me know
if the problem persists. I'll have to investigate Pandora/Slacker issues
before I can get back to this...

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2018-01-04, 14:01
> This has happened before a few months ago. Let us hope that Michael sees
> this and alerts Radio Paradise to the issue.

Thanks. Bill usually fixed this within a few hours. Please let me know
if the problem persists. I'll have to investigate Pandora/Slacker issues
before I can get back to this...

--

MichaelStill displaying incorrect artwork.

JanB
2018-01-04, 14:10
Still displaying incorrect artwork.

Here too.

lalu01
2018-01-05, 02:14
[QUOTE=slartibartfast;903311]Still displaying incorrect artwork.

Here too!

Sir G
2018-01-05, 02:45
I haven't posted here in over four years and was not even aware of the Radio Paradise FLAC stream until yesterday when I heard Bill announce it "on air". I came straight to this forum, and found this thread. It did not work at first, all I had to do is upgrade to the latest LMS version (I was running V7.7 something, an indication that I was happy with it).
Thank you so much Michael for the effort, RP is my favorite Internet radio and has never sounded so good! Of course I am getting the wrong artwork, but I trust this issue will be solved eventually.
A very happy new year to you and all on the forum.

Heuer
2018-01-05, 09:53
Same here, music is 1 hour behind displayed artwork.

JanB
2018-01-05, 10:35
I sent an mail to Bill and he replied that it will be ok in 45 minutes, and now it works fine here..🙂

mherger
2018-01-05, 11:59
> I sent an mail to Bill and he replied that it will be ok in 45 minutes,
> and now it works fine here..🙂

Looking good here, too.

--

Michael

Sir G
2018-01-06, 06:39
Works fine for me too, thanks guys.

westiebj
2018-01-06, 15:18
Hi

I am late to this discussion .. only heard today the announcement on Radio Paradise of the flac stream .. and followed the link to the slimserver plugin

I have installed the plugin and restarted and unfortunately although the plugin is available and I select I get nothing

I've read all the advice here and disabled any redundant / suspect plugins

I've got the latest Daphile build which was mentioned by an earlier poster ( which resolved their problems ) but still nothing

I am running LMS 7.9.1 and plugin v2.1.1

After the above changes I still have the following error showing in media server log :-

[18-01-06 21:52:04.6369] Plugins::RadioParadise::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (126) Error: Connect timed out:

320 AAC stream is working fine, and Deezer for instance is working fine

Im sure its "loser error" ... so any help appreciated

Many thanks

elmbow
2018-01-09, 11:45
Hi, new member as of today with a question on the RP FLAC streaming. RP does not appear in "mysqueezebox.com" App gallery. I have it as a Favorite where I have entered the url manually. Is there a way to get the RP/FLAC link into my SB.com App gallery? Or do I need to use the url you included as a new favorite?
Thanks for your help.

mherger
2018-01-09, 12:22
> Hi, new member as of today with a question on the RP FLAC streaming. RP
> does not appear in "mysqueezebox.com" App gallery. I have it as a
> Favorite where I have entered the url manually. Is there a way to get
> the RP/FLAC link into my SB.com App gallery? Or do I need to use the
> url you included as a new favorite?

Did you install the plugin in LMS? It will then show up in My Apps (not
the App Gallery).

--

Michael

garym
2018-01-09, 12:31
> Hi, new member as of today with a question on the RP FLAC streaming. RP
> does not appear in "mysqueezebox.com" App gallery. I have it as a
> Favorite where I have entered the url manually. Is there a way to get
> the RP/FLAC link into my SB.com App gallery? Or do I need to use the
> url you included as a new favorite?

Did you install the plugin in LMS? It will then show up in My Apps (not
the App Gallery).

--

Michael

to add to this, you must be running LMS on a local computer/NAS, etc. If you are only accessing mysqueezebox.com and no local LMS, then you can't stream RP FLAC.

philsparks
2018-01-09, 15:04
There appears to still be a problem with timing / skipping:

On several occasions, a track has been interrupted by another starting abruptly in the 'middle' (or earlier, or later) of it.

This morning (UK), while listening on one of my Radios, Santana was interrupted by Talking Heads.

I changed to the AAC+ stream, and about half a track later the Santana track started. Eventually, the Talking Heads track came round.

I checked the playlist, and found that Talking Heads was several tracks ahead of Santana, and that Santana was anyway ahead of where the AAC+ stream had been when I started listening to FLAC (IYSWIM).

Hi - I still have the same issue. I think the common factor is that I'm also running LMS on a windows server (WHS2011). I have the latest LMS and RP plugin and every few tracks I get a skip where another song starts in the middle of playing something. I've got rid of just about all unused other plugins, but still have the same issue. The AAC stream is good but it would be great to use the flac stream reliably.

Phil

mherger
2018-01-09, 21:53
Hi - I still have the same issue. I think the common factor is that I'm also running LMS on a windows server (WHS2011). I have the latest LMS and RP plugin and every few tracks I get a skip where another song starts in the middle of playing something. I've got rid of just about all unused other plugins, but still have the same issue. The AAC stream is good but it would be great to use the flac stream reliably.

Phil

Could you please set logging for plugin.radioparadise to INFO and upload your server.log once this happens again?

philsparks
2018-01-10, 16:04
Could you please set logging for plugin.radioparadise to INFO and upload your server.log once this happens again?

Hi - there should be a text file of the log from about 5 minutes this evening.

I selected the Flac stream and it started playing Florence & The Machine at approx. 22:44. It played about half the song then just stopped.

I had to select the flac stream again and hit play. It then started playing 10,000 Maniacs, it played all this song successfully.

It moved onto playing O Brother Where Art Thou? (approx. 22:49) It got about half way through this song then suddenly started playing Florence and the Machine again.

I hope you can make a bit of sense of this.

The AAC 320kbs stream plays perfectly, without stopping, sometimes for days at a time. We've got a decent 200mb/s broadband stream and the LMS (which runs on a WHS2011 machine) and the RPi's are all hardwired.

cheers
Phil

mherger
2018-01-10, 22:22
> Hi - there should be a text file of the log from about 5 minutes this
> evening.
>
> I selected the Flac stream and it started playing Florence & The Machine
> at approx. 22:44. It played about half the song then just stopped.
>
> I had to select the flac stream again and hit play. It then started
> playing 10,000 Maniacs, it played all this song successfully.

I probably need to improve the logging as I don't see the reason why it
would pick up the next segment.

> The AAC 320kbs stream plays perfectly, without stopping, sometimes for

That's a single stream, whereas FLAC is streamed in "segments", groups
of tracks, and requires code to get new segments whenever one comes to
an end etc. It's a totally different mechanism. Unfortunately.

--

Michael

dagelm
2018-01-12, 17:53
Hi--This is my first post, so please forgive a few first-time missteps! However, I'm having trouble finding this new plugin. I'm running the latest version of LMS (7.9.1) on my ReadyNas Duo V2. I've added the additional repository. I can see many of your other plugins (e.g., the RP PSD one). However, the one for FLAC streaming is not on the list. I've restarted LMS several times and also rebooted the ReadyNas. I've also deleted and then reestablished your repository, but still don't see the plugin. (Also, my player is the SB Classic.) Any thoughts? Thanks! --Mark

kidstypike
2018-01-12, 19:54
Hi--This is my first post, so please forgive a few first-time missteps! However, I'm having trouble finding this new plugin. I'm running the latest version of LMS (7.9.1) on my ReadyNas Duo V2. I've added the additional repository. I can see many of your other plugins (e.g., the RP PSD one). However, the one for FLAC streaming is not on the list. I've restarted LMS several times and also rebooted the ReadyNas. I've also deleted and then reestablished your repository, but still don't see the plugin. (Also, my player is the SB Classic.) Any thoughts? Thanks! --Mark

I don't use it myself, but is that not it under 3rd party plugins ?

mherger
2018-01-12, 23:40
> Hi--This is my first post, so please forgive a few first-time missteps!
> However, I'm having trouble finding this new plugin. I'm running the
> latest version of LMS (7.9.1) on my ReadyNas Duo V2. I've added the
> additional repository. I can see many of your other plugins (e.g., the
> RP PSD one).

It's the same RP plugin. Update to the latest. Then you'll likely have a
menu entry telling you that you'd need to install IO::Socket::SSL and/or
a recent LMS 7.7.6 or 7.9.x. The SSL library might be a problem on your
NAS. Check with the ReadyNAS community if in doubt.

--

Michael

dagelm
2018-01-13, 10:22
> Hi--This is my first post, so please forgive a few first-time missteps!
> However, I'm having trouble finding this new plugin. I'm running the
> latest version of LMS (7.9.1) on my ReadyNas Duo V2. I've added the
> additional repository. I can see many of your other plugins (e.g., the
> RP PSD one).

It's the same RP plugin. Update to the latest. Then you'll likely have a
menu entry telling you that you'd need to install IO::Socket::SSL and/or
a recent LMS 7.7.6 or 7.9.x. The SSL library might be a problem on your
NAS. Check with the ReadyNAS community if in doubt.

--

Michael

You are correct; I see that error message on my NAS now. I'll attempt to figure out what that means and how to fix it.

earthbased
2018-01-18, 10:24
After going into the forest with DigiMaster QPKG and finding out my old Prefs has reference to SSODS causing crash I built LMS anew. FLAC RP sounds great. How do I put the link in Favorites on LMS as I don't see the HEART link. Thanks!

Man in a van
2018-01-18, 10:32
After going into the forest with DigiMaster QPKG and finding out my old Prefs has reference to SSODS causing crash I built LMS anew. FLAC RP sounds great. How do I put the link in Favorites on LMS as I don't see the HEART link. Thanks!

have you looked here?

This is installed on Mac-Mini but should be the same on the Qnap