PDA

View Full Version : picoreplayer - jivelite not starting

saneangel
2017-10-14, 15:39
Hi
I've built a system using picoreplayer 3.22 and a 320x240 TFT touch screen.
Following instructions at http://www.pughx2.com/picore320.html I've got the whole thing very close to working.

Everything is fine except Jivelite, which presents a bit of a splash screen for a few seconds, then quits - and goes round this forever due to the loop in jivelite.sh.

What I don't understand is why jivelite doesn't start.
I see the LCD screen working - I can see the boot sequence on it
I've tested the touch screen suing ts_calibrate.
If the screen and touch screen are working, why would jivelite fail to start ?

Can some kind soul explain reasons why Jivelite would quit after putting up the splash screen ?
Thanks

piPlayer
2017-10-14, 22:07
The linked instruction is only for a screen with resolution 480x320 your screen resolution is 320x240.
That is the reason why jivelite can`t come up.

saneangel
2017-10-14, 22:51
Hi
I appreciate those instructions were for 480x320, and a different LCD panel - I changed the init string and dimensions to get output on my LCD panel.
The LCD panel is displaying the blue/yellow/green init text as well as the piCorePlayer Jivelite splash screen (or at least 'piCoreP' of it) before it restarts.

I would think I could build on this to get it working
- Perhaps Jivelite is trying to use 480x320 graphics and failing, how do i change that to 320x240 without needing to run it first?
- Perhaps Jivelite is looking for a missing lib, how do I get any debug info out of Jivelite ?
- Are there instructions out there for 320x240 screens ? - I didn't find any
Thanks

piPlayer
2017-10-14, 23:15
You need to look for a 320x240 skin for jivelite. Perhaps this thread helps: link (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103594-Proper-320x240-PITFT-Skin-for-Jivelite)
Then you have to implement it in pcp-jivelite.tcz and set this skin to the default value.
The extension "pcp-jivelite__default-wavskin.tcz" from nowhinjing's instruction makes this automatically for you, you have to carry out the installation steps manually.

saneangel
2017-10-15, 02:45
Unfortunately that link is old - and the project has been removed.
I found QVGAbaseSkin, put that into the applets folder, also changed DesktopJiveMeta.lua to reference that as the default skin - but it still does the same. (I did backups and checked that the filesystem was as I expect after every reboot).

If I put bad config or reference missing files, I get a change of behavior and JiveLite doesn't start, but if I have good files the behavior is the same.
Every 3 seconds (due to jivelite.sh), JiveLite starts, display 'piCoreP' (which from the scale I would assume it's placing this top left of a virtual 640x480 screen).

Is there any way I can get error codes or messages from jiveLite to indicate what the fault condition is ?
Is there somewhere in JiveLite (separate from the framebuffer) that I need to specify the physical size of the screen ?
Thanks

ralphy
2017-10-15, 05:51
Unfortunately that link is old - and the project has been removed.
It was moved to github (https://github.com/ysop/jivelite-qvga-touch-rpi).

Is there any way I can get error codes or messages from jiveLite to indicate what the fault condition is ?
/var/log/jivelite.log

Is there somewhere in JiveLite (separate from the framebuffer) that I need to specify the physical size of the screen ?
The screen size is defined in the skin.