PDA

View Full Version : Connection reset by remote host

bitstopjoe
2017-10-06, 11:19
Since my local station ( WAEB AM 790, Allentown, PA) no longer works with Radio Time Tunein, I updated my SB Radio to UE so I could install the Iheart app.. No problem, all went well UNTIL I now tried, via I Heart, to play said station.
It works fine on my Ipad and PC via Iheart. On the updated SB I now get Connection reset by remote host. So I went back to the orig SB firmware and tried installing the UE update again, same thing. Everything else ( Pandora, etc,) works just fine. Figures the ONE station I listen to EVERY morning does not work. I even added the URL to favorites prior to the update.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Joe

buffettck
2017-10-11, 09:00
Same here and I didn't update anything recently. I updated to UE a long time ago and one of my regular stations just quit working with the same "connection reset" error. In fact, my piece of crap SBR doesn't even work at all now. I can't get a connection at all and the icon is red. I think Logitech is just starting to drop server support for it since it was discontinued years ago. We're just now seeing it. Thanks a pant load, Logitech.

bpa
2017-10-11, 09:18
The problem is not Logitech but the station who have moved to iheart and iheart restrict access. LMS has never had iheart support. Connection reset really mean the the far end doesn't reply.

buffettck
2017-10-11, 09:22
The problem is not Logitech but the station who have moved to iheart and iheart restrict access. LMS has never had iheart support. Connection reset really mean the the far end doesn't reply.

As I said above, I'm running UE Smartradio, not LMS. That's what we had to do to get iHeart stations long ago and it's been working fine. Something else changed.

But, I guess it doesn't really matter since the stupid thing won't even connect and work at all in the first place.

bitstopjoe
2017-10-11, 14:05

Not using LMS. I only "updated" to UE because my local station ( WAEB AM 790 Allentown) moved off of Tune-in and went to I-Heart exclusively. I was getting a 404 error for it on SB. Since the UE "update" has an I-Heart app I thought it work fine as it works fine on my I-Pad and PC. In the past when the UE "update" came out and I tried it my station worked fine. So no idea why it doesnt now.

Curious if it will work on a non "updated" UE radio.

Joe

bpa
2017-10-11, 14:53
Michael Herger wrote in another thread about this or similar UE radio issue

> My SBR has quit working for a couple of days, now. It won't connect at
> all and the icon is red, which indicates the Logitech server is down.

We do indeed have an issue on uesmartradio.com right now. I'll look into
it asap.

buffettck
2017-10-11, 16:05
Not using LMS. I only "updated" to UE because my local station ( WAEB AM 790 Allentown) moved off of Tune-in and went to I-Heart exclusively. I was getting a 404 error for it on SB. Since the UE "update" has an I-Heart app I thought it work fine as it works fine on my I-Pad and PC. In the past when the UE "update" came out and I tried it my station worked fine. So no idea why it doesnt now.

Curious if it will work on a non "updated" UE radio.

Joe

I doubt it would work. My SBR stopped working with all iHeart radio stations, which is what forced me to update to UE in the first place. Sucks because I lost podcast ability and the weather app. I'm really thinking about just trashing this unit and getting another internet radio. The SBR is ancient anyways and it's obvious Logitech doesn't support it anymore and hasn't for a long time.

bitstopjoe
2017-10-11, 16:22
Michael Herger wrote in another thread about this or similar UE radio issue

Thanks, I saw that but I didnt lose any presets or favorites, so I dont think it applies to my problem

Joe

buffettck
2017-10-11, 16:25
Bpa actually quoted me. I didn't lose any favorites or other settings. It's that the whole damned thing doesn't work for playing anything at all.

Man in a van
2017-10-13, 00:49
I doubt it would work. My SBR stopped working with all iHeart radio stations, which is what forced me to update to UE in the first place. Sucks because I lost podcast ability and the weather app. I'm really thinking about just trashing this unit and getting another internet radio. The SBR is ancient anyways and it's obvious Logitech doesn't support it anymore and hasn't for a long time.

This might help?

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107978-404-file-not-found&p=897033&viewfull=1#post897033

Ronnie

bitstopjoe
2017-10-13, 13:07
This might help?

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107978-404-file-not-found&p=897033&viewfull=1#post897033

Ronnie

Thanks I will look into it, but after you "update" to the UE version the web interface no longer works, so how is one supposed to edit a URL in favorites or add one manually?

Joe

buffettck
2017-10-13, 13:29
This might help?

Ronnie

I'm currently setting up my brand new Grace Mondo+ radio. All my favorite stations (including iHeart stations) have been entered as pre-sets and are playing perfectly. Squeezebox is done for me. :D

bitstopjoe
2017-10-13, 13:36
I'm currently setting up my brand new Grace Mondo+ radio. All my favorite stations (including iHeart stations) have been entered as pre-sets and are playing perfectly. Squeezebox is done for me. :D

May I ask how much it was??

Joe

buffettck
2017-10-13, 13:41
May I ask how much it was??

Joe

$176 on Amazon for the black case version, which is what I got. Other colors are slightly cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Grace-Digital-Wireless-Internet-Bluetooth/dp/B071L8XYGD/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507927149&sr=8-1&keywords=grace+mondo+plus

I'll tell you one thing... Their customer service is spot on. I've been emailing them with all sorts of general questions even before I got it and they've been very quick and friendly when answering. I got exactly jack squat from Logitech via email and I couldn't even get through on the phone.

bitstopjoe
2017-10-13, 13:52
$176 on Amazon for the black case version, which is what I got. Other colors are slightly cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Grace-Digital-Wireless-Internet-Bluetooth/dp/B071L8XYGD/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507927149&sr=8-1&keywords=grace+mondo+plus

I'll tell you one thing... Their customer service is spot on. I've been emailing them with all sorts of general questions even before I got it and they've been very quick and friendly when answering. I got exactly jack squat from Logitech via email and I couldn't even get through on the phone.

Sadly cant afford that. Maybe it will be lower on Black Friday. Of course I could TRY to sell my SB. Oh well
Thank you for the info.

Joe

buffettck
2017-10-13, 13:58
Sadly cant afford that. Maybe it will be lower on Black Friday. Of course I could TRY to sell my SB. Oh well
Thank you for the info.

Joe

Yes, keep checking on the price. It's a very nice unit. I've had it playing out of the box for hours now with zero issues.

bitstopjoe
2017-10-13, 14:02
Yes, keep checking on the price. It's a very nice unit. I've had it playing out of the box for hours now with zero issues.

Bummer it doesnt come with a Pandora app, that really surprised me. But then Pandora has become almost impossible to enjoy anymore with a commercial or two every 5 songs

Thanks again

Joe

buffettck
2017-10-13, 14:10
Bummer it doesnt come with a Pandora app, that really surprised me. But then Pandora has become almost impossible to enjoy anymore with a commercial or two every 5 songs

Thanks again

Joe

They're actually working on that with Pandora right now. They said Bose, Sonos, etc other players are now the same way because something on Pandora's end changed.

Man in a van
2017-10-14, 00:01
Thanks I will look into it, but after you "update" to the UE version the web interface no longer works, so how is one supposed to edit a URL in favorites or add one manually?

Joe

All I could find

https://community.logitech.com/s/feed/0D53100005109bUCAQ

Ronnie

Mnyb
2017-10-14, 01:32

Joe

What web interface LMS does not work with UE it has its own local server program don't know what it name was and it's probably not updated anymore as LMS is anyway

kidstypike
2017-10-14, 01:43

Joe

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/index.php?ver=10.0 ?

bitstopjoe
2017-10-14, 02:27
All I could find

https://community.logitech.com/s/feed/0D53100005109bUCAQ

Ronnie

Thank you, but I refuse to pay for an app to do what I was able to do on the SB for free.

I do appreciate the info, thank you again

Joe

toby10
2017-10-14, 03:03
What web interface LMS does not work with UE it has its own local server program don't know what it name was and it's probably not updated anymore as LMS is anyway

It's not really a server like LMS and is greatly lacking in control and customization compared to LMS. UE Radio doesn't actually connect to the local UE Library program, UE only connects to the UE online server and "refers" back to your local UE Library program/tool.

bitstopjoe
2017-10-14, 04:35

There sure are a lot people on Amazon saying it failed within days and months. That scares me as my SB radio has had zero problems in 10 years or so. Sure there is always one who has a problem, this feedback was a lot more than one..

Joe

buffettck
2017-10-14, 04:41
There sure are a lot people on Amazon saying it failed within days and months. That scares me as my SB radio has had zero problems in 10 years or so. Sure there is always one who has a problem, this feedback was a lot more than one..

Joe

Eh, if it fails within days, I have a 30 day unconditional return window with Amazon. If it fails within months, it has a one year warranty and my credit card automatically doubles factory warranties. My Squeezebox didn't do all that well, either, as my wireless function failed just out of warranty. The factory Logitech warranty because I didn't have that credit card yet. Logitech told me to pound sand when I contacted them, which was a major pain in the ass in the first place to even get them to respond. At least the Grace support is johnny-on-the-spot with getting back to me very quickly...for now, at least... I'm not worried. It seems like a solid unit and I'll address issues if/when they arise.