PDA

View Full Version : Spotty playback stops & LMS server hangs

Pledge
2017-09-19, 02:28
Hello,
I have been struggling for the past few days to get Spotty working on my home setup. I am using a Raspberry Pi 2 model B running PiCoreplayer Version 3.21, running LMS version 7.9.1 build 1505480690 and Spotty 1.4.1. I have authenticated Spotty through Spotify Authenticator.
Everything works fine for some time but after a while playback stops and the connection to LMS is stopped. I need to restart the LMS to get back to a responsive & normal state.
Does anyone have a clue on what the issue is?
I have attached a log file of the LMS

Thanks for your help,

Pledge

mherger
2017-09-19, 03:42
> Everything works fine for some time but after a while playback stops and
> the connection to LMS is stopped. I need to restart the LMS to get back
> to a responsive & normal state.

Could it be the spotty helper application crashed? Next time this
happens, can you try to log in to the box and check whether there's
still a copy of spotty running (using ps or top)? Are you running low on
memory?

--

Michael

Pledge
2017-09-24, 11:16
Hello Michael,
Thanks for the suggestion, I have not done any change but now it works now, no idea why.
However I have another issue, I have in my living room raspberry Pi model B running PicorePlayer 3.21 also, and streaming to this device will cause the sound to break every 30 sec approx. I have tried several parameter changes on Squeezelite but none of them would work, would you have a suggestion on how to fix?
Thanks a lot for your help,
Pledge

mherger
2017-09-24, 20:55
> However I have another issue, I have in my living room raspberry Pi
> model B running PicorePlayer 3.21 also, and streaming to this device
> will cause the sound to break every 30 sec approx. I have tried several
> parameter changes on Squeezelite but none of them would work, would you
> have a suggestion on how to fix?

How is this device connected? How are you streaming? If it's wirelessly
connected and you're streaming PCM, then this might be a problem.

--

Michael

Pledge
2017-09-25, 01:42
Hello,
Thanks for your answer. It is connected via ethernet cable, not through wifi. If you suspect network issues I will check that with the router though.
Pledge

Pledge
2017-10-02, 00:10
Hello,
Thanks for your answer. It is connected via ethernet cable, not through wifi. If you suspect network issues I will check that with the router though.
Pledge

Hello isssue is fixed. I have put some priority rules on the player at router side, and the issue seems fixed.
Thanks for your support.

tomsat50
2017-10-02, 04:05
I have similar problems for about a week ago: near the end of every track the music is 'paused' for about 1 to 2 seconds, and continues afterwards. The next track starts normally after it.
Unfortunately I have submitted this issue in the wrong part of this forum: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108074-Spotty-playlist-problem-audio-drops-near-end-of-track.
That is why propably no replies appear...
I hope that it can be fixed soon. I am using the most recent versions of PiCoreplayer, LMS and Spotty... no wifi, I am using a 1 GB lan connection.

Update: unfortunately, no recommendations (yet...), so I have put my Squeezeboxes away, and use my PiCoreplayer instead.. no problems with that device at all!