PDA

View Full Version : Using Jivelite standalone and mixed Success using USB devices with 3.11

jncweb
2017-08-29, 05:21
I have tried two USB sticks which show up as sda1, sda2 and sda4 as in attached screenshot. These do not mount even though they are formatted to fat32.

I also tried a ADATA SD730 SSD that was formatted to exFat <- I think this is why this did not work.

Running out of options I stuck a card reader (Sandisk Micromate SDHC), which did work and appeared as vFat even though it is fat32. the size did not match the actual size of the disk MBs instead of GB. However this did mount.

I ran out of time but my next step is to format the ADATA SSD to fat32 and see if I can use that. If it works?

I want to use as a standalone player with the touchscreen (which is working thanks to Eyerex's video on youtube), assuming I solve my memory problem if I add/change music with LMS automatically update or is there a way I can update the library using the touchscreen?

I am using 3.11 at the moment because 3.12 would not work with RPi 3 Wi-Fi.

I want to continue with this I like piCorePlayer, will continue to feedback, I also like the joggler interface as well.

best,
John

drmatt
2017-08-29, 06:45
vfat is the name of the Microsoft FAT filesystem driver in Linux kernel that supports non-8.3 filenames. Sounds like your USB devices have multiple filesystems on them.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk

kidstypike
2017-08-29, 08:23
I have tried two USB sticks which show up as sda1, sda2 and sda4 as in attached screenshot. These do not mount even though they are formatted to fat32.

I also tried a ADATA SD730 SSD that was formatted to exFat <- I think this is why this did not work.

Running out of options I stuck a card reader (Sandisk Micromate SDHC), which did work and appeared as vFat even though it is fat32. the size did not match the actual size of the disk MBs instead of GB. However this did mount.

I ran out of time but my next step is to format the ADATA SSD to fat32 and see if I can use that. If it works?

I want to use as a standalone player with the touchscreen (which is working thanks to Eyerex's video on youtube), assuming I solve my memory problem if I add/change music with LMS automatically update or is there a way I can update the library using the touchscreen?

I am using 3.11 at the moment because 3.12 would not work with RPi 3 Wi-Fi.

I want to continue with this I like piCorePlayer, will continue to feedback, I also like the joggler interface as well.

best,
John

I format my USB sticks/drives NTFS, never had a problem.

jncweb
2017-08-30, 01:35
I format my USB sticks/drives NTFS, never had a problem.

Using Macs and have another player that uses SD cards so not ideal, but this is good to know that this works. I will see if I can get FAT32 working with either an ADATA SSD or a memory card reader.

paul-
2017-08-30, 03:32
Drive handling should be better in 3.21. But yes, exfat doesn't work.

What wifi problems did you have with 3.21? I use the rpi3 wifi every day........

jncweb
2017-08-30, 03:42
Hi Paul,

Wi-Fi problems were with RPi 3 and picoreplayer 3.20 audio version, so I went back to v3.11 mentioned on a previous thread.

Wi-Fi settings seemed to be entered correctly, but couldn't connect to network. I have not tried 3.21.

best
John

Mnyb
2017-08-30, 03:58
Hi Paul,

Wi-Fi problems were with RPi 3 and picoreplayer 3.20 audio version, so I went back to v3.11 mentioned on a previous thread.

Wi-Fi settings seemed to be entered correctly, but couldn't connect to network. I have not tried 3.21.

best
John

Why the "audio version" it's basically for very specific i2s needs in most other cases mostly trouble ?

jncweb
2018-02-11, 14:18
I did manage to get this working with ADATA SSD drive, so quite happy have another problem now.