PDA

View Full Version : Spotify App is gone

timtew
2017-08-22, 11:03
Hello everyone,

I have a Logitech Squeezbox since a few years and always used the Spotify app to listen the music.
But, I think a Month ago, the app was gone and it is not available in the Store.

Is this app not supported anymore?
The installed FW Version is 7.7.3 r16676.

Thank you.

Grumpy Bob
2017-08-22, 11:43
See this thread (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107648-Spotify-on-Squeezebox-UE-Smart-Radio-end-of-life) for the background.

There's a lengthy thread in the Third Party Software forum explaining the Spotty LMS plugin which restores Spotify functions.

Robert

Mnyb
2017-08-22, 19:03
To clarify you need to run your local LMS server aka squeezeboxserver locally preferably the 7.9.1 variant .

Then use the spotty plugin .

Direct use of Spotify trough mysb.com is no longer supported as Spotify has dropped support for this .

It has some perks , this new solution is actually the best solution so,far imho .
It works really well with all kinds of squeezeboxes not only Touch and Radio , and it will continue to work without any use of mysb.com at all .

timtew
2017-08-24, 01:30
Thank you for the answers.

Direct use of Spotify trough mysb.com is no longer supported as Spotify has dropped support for this .
Oh, I feared that.

local LMS server aka squeezeboxserver locally preferably the 7.9.1 variant .
This means I have to run a Server in my network to listen to Spotify?
That would no solution for me, because I used the Squeezbox mostly in the morning and evening hours, when no computer is up.

Mnyb
2017-08-24, 01:37
Thank you for the answers.

Oh, I feared that.

This means I have to run a Server in my network to listen to Spotify?
That would no solution for me, because I used the Squeezbox mostly in the morning and evening hours, when no computer is up.

You can buy a 30-40$ rapberry pi 3 computer sized as a pack of cigaretts it uses minuscle amounts of power place it besides your router and you have a server .

PicorePlayer and max2play have ready made images with OS and all .

A "server" these days does not imply a large hulking rack of computers :)

When you have such a server you can attach a powered USB drive and start having local files too

Tony T
2017-08-25, 14:59
You can buy a 30-40$ rapberry pi 3 computer sized as a pack of cigaretts it uses minuscle amounts of power place it besides your router and you have a server .

PicorePlayer and max2play have ready made images with OS and all .

A "server" these days does not imply a large hulking rack of computers :)

When you have such a server you can attach a powered USB drive and start having local files too

Thinking of doing this.
Can you recommend a "How-to" thread? (I did a search here, but there are so many, not sure where to start)

garym
2017-08-25, 15:14
Thinking of doing this.
Can you recommend a "How-to" thread? (I did a search here, but there are so many, not sure where to start)

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107656-Spotify-help-Raspberry-Pi-the-answer&highlight=spotty+and+Pi
post #5

Tony T
2017-08-28, 05:38
Thanks!
Just ordered a pi and case from Amazon (I already have a power supply and 8g micro SD card collection dust).
Always wanted to play with the raspberry pi :)

Mnyb
2017-08-28, 06:36
Btw you also have picore player as an option not only max2play .

Then ofcourse raspian itself ( more of a full OS ) and diet-pi.

Inhave one picore and one max2play rpi-3

Tony T
2017-08-28, 09:45
Yes, the link above is to picoreplayer. I also looked at max2play, but think I'll go with picoreplayer as the "how-to" write-up looks good.

Tony T
2017-08-29, 14:39

Is it possible to use a large micro SD card (i.e. 32gb) in the raspberry pi and load mp3 files on it for the LMS?
Or could a flash drive be plugged in with the music files? (trying to avoid using a powered USB drive)

Mnyb
2017-08-29, 21:22
Is it possible to use a large micro SD card (i.e. 32gb) in the raspberry pi and load mp3 files on it for the LMS?
Or could a flash drive be plugged in with the music files? (trying to avoid using a powered USB drive)

You can mounth a NAS or other share over the network , use an USB stick ., use an USB drive .

I would leave the SD card for the OS .

Are you using as NAS as LMS server rigth now you don't even have to move the files .

Tony T
2017-08-29, 23:01
I would leave the SD card for the OS .

Are you using as NAS as LMS server rigth now you don't even have to move the files .

At a weekend home right now I'm using MySb.com. I'm going to try the Pi as a LMS.

timtew
2017-08-31, 12:43
Yeah, I thought about this solution, because I have already a RasPi 2 at home.
Does this model has enough hardware capacity to run a server like this?

slartibartfast
2017-08-31, 13:11
Yeah, I thought about this solution, because I have already a RasPi 2 at home.
Does this model has enough hardware capacity to run a server like this?Have a look here
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106369-How-is-LMS-on-Raspberry-Pi-2

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tony T
2017-09-04, 10:07
At a weekend home right now I'm using MySb.com. I'm going to try the Pi as a LMS.

Works! :)
(Had to fiddle around before I realized that after setting up piCorePlayer that I had to run <ipaddress>:9000 to access LMS and then scan my flash drive to get the music up and running (I kept searching the piCorePlayer web interface for it).

I was able to get it running via WiFi, so didn't even have to plug into my router!

Nice little $35 (plus cost of flach drive) music server!

Tony T
2017-09-04, 10:59
BTW, is there a way to transfer "Favorites" from one LMS to the one I just set up on my Pi?

garym
2017-09-04, 11:07
BTW, is there a way to transfer "Favorites" from one LMS to the one I just set up on my Pi?

copy your old "favorites.opml" file into this location:

/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs

If it is coming from windows, the favorites.opml files will be in:

c:\programdata\squeezebox\prefs

Tony T
2017-09-04, 11:28
I'm not seeing that directory.
I'm ssh'ing to piCorePlayer

garym
2017-09-04, 11:28
I'm not seeing that directory.
I'm ssh'ing to piCorePlayer

the directory I'm referring to is used in a linux LMS setup. Isn't that what the Pi is using? Sorry, I don't have a Pi to test.

Tony T
2017-09-04, 11:33
Ah!
I'm on a Mac (also have access to Windows),
Is there a way that I can access the Linux file system?

garym
2017-09-04, 11:33
In the Pi setup, when you got to LMS > Settings > Information tab, bottom of that page. What is it showing for the location of your "preferences folder". That will be it.

garym
2017-09-04, 11:35
Ah!
I'm on a Mac (also have access to Windows),
Is there a way that I can access the Linux file system?

on a windows laptop, I have a program called filezilla that allows me to browse (and copy and paste) into the linux system on the vortexbox server I run.

Tony T
2017-09-04, 11:57
In the Pi setup, when you got to LMS > Settings > Information tab, bottom of that page. What is it showing for the location of your "preferences folder". That will be it.

/usr/local/slimserver/prefs

ok, I see the favorites.opml now.

Just scp'd my favoites.opml and it worked :)

Thanks!

garym
2017-09-04, 11:59
/usr/local/slimserver/prefs

ok, I see the favorites.opml now.

Just scp'd my favoites.opml and it worked :)

Thanks!

perfect!

Tony T
2017-09-04, 14:25
Everything working great (garym, thanks for the help).

When the time comes for an update to piCorePlayer, will my settings be preserved?
I would think that if I burn a new image of pCP to the micro SD that I would lose my LMS settings.
Or does the image get burned to a partition different than the pCP partition?

garym
2017-09-04, 14:33
Everything working great (garym, thanks for the help).

When the time comes for an update to piCorePlayer, will my settings be preserved?
I would think that if I burn a new image of pCP to the micro SD that I would lose my LMS settings.
Or does the image get burned to a partition different than the pCP partition?

No clue. But I suspect a knowledgeable person on Pi can answer, but more likely if posted under a thread title that is more related to the question ('Spotify App is gone' is pretty far from this question).

Tony T
2017-09-04, 14:39
No clue. But I suspect a knowledgeable person on Pi can answer, but more likely if posted under a thread title that is more related to the question ('Spotify App is gone' is pretty far from this question).

Yes, you're correct on that. I'll ask in the pCP thread.

medelin
2017-09-06, 06:48
on a windows laptop, I have a program called filezilla that allows me to browse (and copy and paste) into the linux system on the vortexbox server I run. read drip coffee machines article (https://kitchenlola.com/best-drip-coffee-maker/)

Thanks. I use Mac. I'll install the client for Mac and see if it will connect with my Ubuntu box.

Tony T
2017-09-06, 13:32
on a windows laptop, I have a program called filezilla that allows me to browse (and copy and paste) into the linux system on the vortexbox server I run.

Thanks. I use Mac. I'll install the client for Mac and see if it will connect with my Ubuntu box.

I just realized that I can use my CyberDuck client to access the files. (Easier than using scp :))