PDA

View Full Version : Global Search

phresh
2017-08-07, 02:56
Hi, first post here but i've been using squeezeboxes (and this forum) for years.

I'm not sure if this is an issue or not but I don't seem to be able to get 'Global Search' to work at all, assuming it properly exists as searching doesn't throw up anything conclusive. To make sure I wasn't using conflicting plugins I did a fresh install of 7.9.1 with only the Spotty plugin. With this the global search doesn't return any spotify results (I had the same behaviour previously with the Triode plugin).

I could be completely missing something here, either something obvious or with the way the search works.

I've tested this in both the web interface and with iPeng9 (using both normal search and the search hidden away in 'Extras'). The logs don't throw up anything immediately obvious either.

Any advice appreciated!

Mnyb
2017-08-07, 20:54
There is a search function in the spotty app ?

mherger
2017-08-07, 23:16
> I could be completely missing something here, either something obvious
> or with the way the search works.

Global Search is not available from the web UI. How did you search on
iPeng? Did you try on the device itself?

--

Michael

phresh
2017-08-08, 01:23
I'll try again when I get home and let you know, but when I tried at the weekend it was using the 'Search' item in the main menu (after clicking 'More...' in the bottom menu) and then also in the 'Extras' part of the main menu under the Web Browser option. Neither returned anything but local results. I can search Spotify from the Spotty app ok.