PDA

View Full Version : Problems with AlienBBC



Keith O'Brien
2005-01-01, 09:04
I am having some problems getting AlienBBC 0.12 working. I have confirmed
that I have mplayer and the essentials codecs package installed:

[slimserver@asterisk1 slimserver]$ rpm -q mplayer
mplayer-1.0pre6-1

[slimserver@asterisk1 slimserver]$ rpm -q mplayer-codecs-essential
mplayer-codecs-essential-20041107-1

The plugin shows up on the Slimserver Webpage and the Slimdevices. Just no
audio after waiting a long time during "connecting..."

When I go to the status page http://10.1.1.17:5123/Status/

I get nothing...

From there I tried connecting to the proxy using Windows Media Player
pointing at:

http://10.1.1.17:5123/RealAudio/http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/realmedia/fmg2.r
pm

And get the following. It seems to indicate that mplayer is having
problems connecting on a socket. Does anyone have ideas on what is the
source of the problem?

I did originally install mplayer from source and then install the rpms on
top. Could this be causing the problem? I know how to uninstall the rpms
but how can I start from scratch and insure that there are no rements on
mplayer left??


Thanks for the help.




<mailto:slimserver@asterisk1> slimserver@asterisk1 slimserver]$
../transcoder_proxy.pl
Found lame at: /usr/bin/lame
Got a new client! It's Peer is 10.1.1.31:1265
Adding a Consumer
Trying to request /RealAudio/http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/realmedia/fmg2.rpm
Message: Going to fork mplayer
MPlayer 1.0pre6-3.2.3 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Tualatin (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE

Creating config file: /usr/local/slimserver/.mplayer/config

Resolving <http://www.bbc.co.uk> www.bbc.co.uk for AF_INET...
Connecting to server <http://www.bbc.co.uk[212.58.240.110]:80>
www.bbc.co.uk[212.58.240.110]:80 ...
Cache size set to 32 KBytes
Connected to server: <http://www.bbc.co.uk> www.bbc.co.uk
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory

LAME version 3.96.1 ( <http://lame.sourceforge.net/>
http://lame.sourceforge.net/)
CPU features: MMX (ASM used), SSE
Using polyphase lowpass filter, transition band: 17249 Hz - 17782 Hz
Encoding /tmp/alienproxy.10.1.1.31:1265 to /tmp/lameproxy.10.1.1.31:1265
Encoding as 44.1 kHz 128 kbps j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (11x) qval=9
Socket (10.1.1.31:1265) Gone away!
Closing Down 10.1.1.31:1265
Closing File Handle
Trying to kill alienstream process for Peer 10.1.1.31:1265 (PID: 12278)

Jules Taplin
2005-01-01, 09:25
Hi Keith.

If the status page isn't talking to you, then there's something wrong
with the transcoder. At a guess, I'd say it's because you haven't got
HTTP:Daemon installed, but we'll find out.

In a console, go to /usr/local/slimserver, and type
'./transcoder_proxy.pl'. Does it throw an error message, or just sit there?

If it sits there, keep the console open, and try to play something. It
should spit things to stdout. But... given that the status page is
pretty simple, and well-nigh uncrashable (I'd think), my guess is that
trying to run the proxy will throw an error message. Once we have that,
it should be obvious where to proceed. Oh. And if it complains that it
can't bind to socket, or similar - look for an already running proxy, or
something else that might be using port 5123.


-- Jules


Keith O'Brien wrote:

> I am having some problems getting AlienBBC 0.12 working. I have
> confirmed that I have mplayer and the essentials codecs package installed:
>
> [slimserver@asterisk1 slimserver]$ rpm -q mplayer
> mplayer-1.0pre6-1
>
> [slimserver@asterisk1 slimserver]$ rpm -q mplayer-codecs-essential
> mplayer-codecs-essential-20041107-1
>
> The plugin shows up on the Slimserver Webpage and the Slimdevices.
> Just no audio after waiting a long time during "connecting..."
>
> When I go to the status page http://10.1.1.17:5123/Status/
>
> I get nothing...
>
> From there I tried connecting to the proxy using Windows Media Player
> pointing at:
>
> /http://10.1.1.17:5123/RealAudio/http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/realmedia/fmg2.rpm/
>
>
> And get the following. It seems to indicate that mplayer is having
> problems connecting on a socket. Does anyone have ideas on what is
> the source of the problem?
>
> I did originally install mplayer from source and then install the rpms
> on top. Could this be causing the problem? I know how to uninstall
> the rpms but how can I start from scratch and insure that there are no
> rements on mplayer left??
>
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
>
>
>
> slimserver@asterisk1 <mailto:slimserver@asterisk1> slimserver]$
> ./transcoder_proxy.pl
> Found lame at: /usr/bin/lame
> Got a new client! It's Peer is 10.1.1.31:1265
> Adding a Consumer
> Trying to request
> /RealAudio/http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/realmedia/fmg2.rpm
> Message: Going to fork mplayer
> MPlayer 1.0pre6-3.2.3 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Tualatin (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
> Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
> CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE
>
> Creating config file: /usr/local/slimserver/.mplayer/config
>
> Resolving www.bbc.co.uk <http://www.bbc.co.uk> for AF_INET...
> Connecting to server www.bbc.co.uk[212.58.240.110]:80
> <http://www.bbc.co.uk%5B212.58.240.110%5D:80> ...
> Cache size set to 32 KBytes
> Connected to server: www.bbc.co.uk <http://www.bbc.co.uk>
> mplayer: could not connect to socket
> mplayer: No such file or directory
>
> LAME version 3.96.1 (http://lame.sourceforge.net/)
> CPU features: MMX (ASM used), SSE
> Using polyphase lowpass filter, transition band: 17249 Hz - 17782 Hz
> Encoding /tmp/alienproxy.10.1.1.31:1265 to /tmp/lameproxy.10.1.1.31:1265
> Encoding as 44.1 kHz 128 kbps j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (11x) qval=9
> Socket (10.1.1.31:1265) Gone away!
> Closing Down 10.1.1.31:1265
> Closing File Handle
> Trying to kill alienstream process for Peer 10.1.1.31:1265 (PID: 12278)
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>