PDA

View Full Version : Update to LMS 7.9.1

bb1959
2017-07-19, 11:29
I just got a r3 w/pCP. Trying to update to 7.9.1 and getting the following:

fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
tc@piCorePlayer:~$ cd /tmp
tc@piCorePlayer:/tmp$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paul-1/lms-update-script/Master/lms-update.sh
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (151.101.48.133:443)
wget: can't open 'lms-update.sh': File exists
tc@piCorePlayer:/tmp$

Does this mean I already have LMS? Do I open up LMS and select pCP from the dropdown menu (vs selecting Vortexbox)?

Do I switch to pCP on my Touch under settings and select player?

castalla
2017-07-19, 11:55

fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
tc@piCorePlayer:/tmp$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paul-1/lms-update-script/Master/lms-update.sh

Does this mean I already have LMS? Do I open up LMS and select pCP from the dropdown menu (vs selecting Vortexbox)?

Sounds to me that you now have 2 versions of LMS on your network (pCP and Vortexbox)? Your music is on the Vortexbox? If you want access to local music, you have to mount the music folder in pCP.

You have to switch your Touch to use the pCP LMS server (as I think you want access to Spotty?). On the Touch go to My Music - Switch Library - select pCP (it should be listed).

However, have you actually configured the pCP LMS server?

There must be some access to the pCP LMS from the pCP web interface. I don't use it, so can't advise.

bb1959
2017-07-19, 11:59
Your correct, I have two versions...don't know how to "mount the music folder" in pCP.

Anyone??

Sounds to me that you now have 2 versions of LMS on your network (pCP and Vortexbox)? Your music is on the Vortexbox? If you want access to local music, you have to mount the music folder in pCP.

You have to switch your Touch to use the pCP LMS server (as I think you want access to Spotty?). On the Touch go to My Music - Switch Library - select pCP (it should be listed).

However, have you actually configured the pCP LMS server?

There must be some access to the pCP LMS from the pCP web interface. I don't use it, so can't advise.

paul-
2017-07-19, 12:13

It just sounds like you tried to do an update already. wget by default will not over write a file. To be safe, just reboot your pCP device and then start the procedure from the top.

castalla
2017-07-19, 12:24
It just sounds like you tried to do an update already. wget by default will not over write a file. To be safe, just reboot your pCP device and then start the procedure from the top.

He needs advice on how to mount the Vortexbox music folder ....

... and if anybody knows how to disable LMS on the Vortexbox?

bb1959
2017-07-19, 12:24
Ok, installed LMS (went to the ip address on my laptop which I just figured out to do).

Now, how do I open LMS?

paul-
2017-07-19, 12:26
The LMS web interface is at port 9000

http://<ip address of the server>:9000

kidstypike
2017-07-19, 12:26
Ok, installed LMS (went to the ip address on my laptop which I just figured out to do).

Now, how do I open LMS?

IPaddressofyourpi:9000

bb1959
2017-07-19, 12:42
ok, got it...just like opening up lms as before.

Now, how do i mount my files from my nas (vortexbox) to pCP LMS?

IPaddressofyourpi:9000

d6jg
2017-07-19, 12:49
ok, got it...just like opening up lms as before.

Now, how do i mount my files from my nas (vortexbox) to pCP LMS?

On the PCP web page http://ipaddress are bottom right is the beta tab
Click it
No go LMS tab
Half way down is install additional file tools
Click it
Below that is mounting instructions
Stick your Vortexbox IP in the first box then storage then whateveryoulike put in a username and password
Click apply
The vb storage folder should now be mounted as whateveryoulike
Now click Configure LMS

bb1959
2017-07-19, 13:41
still having trouble mounting/pointing to my vb files.

not sure what to exactly put in. I put in the ip address. my file path for the files are:

vortexbox/files/music/flac

do i put that in anywhere? if so, where? is it in the box after mount point /mnt/ ? I did that and it said: please match the requested format.

do i put anything in the server share box?

On the PCP web page http://ipaddress are bottom right is the beta tab
Click it
No go LMS tab
Half way down is install additional file tools
Click it
Below that is mounting instructions
Stick your Vortexbox IP in the first box then storage then whateveryoulike put in a username and password
Click apply
The vb storage folder should now be mounted as whateveryoulike
Now click Configure LMS

d6jg
2017-07-19, 13:50
still having trouble mounting/pointing to my vb files.

not sure what to exactly put in. I put in the ip address. my file path for the files are:

do i put that in anywhere? if so, where? is it in the box after mount point /mnt/ ? I did that and it said: please match the requested format.

do i put anything in the server share box?

It's "files" in the server share name box and "whateveryoulike" in /mnt/.... you can use "files" if you wish

bb1959
2017-07-19, 13:58
not sure what you mean. I put in the server share box my path:

that is my path to my music...is that what i put in there??

in the box after mnt i put in music (which I added when i created a folder in putty (sudo mkdir /mnt/music)

It's "files" in the server share name box and "whateveryoulike" in /mnt/.... you can use "files" if you wish

d6jg
2017-07-19, 14:03
not sure what you mean. I put in the server share box my path:

that is my path to my music...is that what i put in there??

in the box after mnt i put in music (which I added when i created a folder in putty (sudo mkdir /mnt/music)

In the screenshot

in the first box you need /mnt/music (but /mnt/files would be better) - the putty step was unnecessary

where I have Qmultimedia in the second box you need "files"

Ignore NFS use CIFS

bb1959
2017-07-19, 14:27
ok, success!

Next problem...music won't play. I switched my libraries on my two touches to pCP but they aren't playing what lms is playing.

In the screenshot

in the first box you need /mnt/music (but /mnt/files would be better) - the putty step was unnecessary

Ignore NFS use CIFS

d6jg
2017-07-19, 14:35
ok, success!

Next problem...music won't play. I switched my libraries on my two touches to pCP but they aren't playing what lms is playing.

Have you selected a Touch within http://ipadress:9000 ?

As its a new install the player prefs are for volume to be controlled via LMS not 100% so have you turned the volume up enough?

castalla
2017-07-19, 14:36
ok, success!

So, are you selecting the music via the Touch itself?

Sounds like you are playing the music to the pCP player - check the top-right dropdown box for players in the LMS gui

kidstypike
2017-07-19, 14:37
ok, success!

Have you set the path to your music folder in LMS > Settings > Basic Settings, and rescanned?

bb1959
2017-07-19, 14:52
this is unbelievable..now lms can't find my touches. on my touches i have switched the libraries to pCP. what am i doing wrong?? HELP!! this is incredibly frustrating!!

Have you selected a Touch within http://ipadress:9000 ?

As its a new install the player prefs are for volume to be controlled via LMS not 100% so have you turned the volume up enough?

d6jg
2017-07-19, 14:54
this is unbelievable..now lms can't find my touches. on my touches i have switched the libraries to pCP. what am i doing wrong?? HELP!! this is incredibly frustrating!!

Are you opening the correct LMS

http://ipaddressofthepi:9000

bb1959
2017-07-19, 14:59
I am clicking on lms from the pCP page....so yes

addressofthepi:9000

do i sync the touches w/pCP instead of each other?

Are you opening the correct LMS

http://ipaddressofthepi:9000

bb1959
2017-07-19, 15:02
ok, now they are showing up on lms. I wonder what made them disappear and then reappear??

castalla
2017-07-19, 15:03

God only knows! Why are you syncing? Get the basics running first!

d6jg
2017-07-19, 15:11
If LMS can see your Touchs and vice versa and you have scanned your music in the new LMS - did you do Configure LMS after the mount? - then there is no reason why you should not get sound but note my earlier comment re volume control settings in a new instance of LMS

bb1959
2017-07-19, 15:15
Thanks mates...got her working...for now. That was quite an exercise. All because:

spotify going away on mysb
VB 2.3 couldn't get spotty
couldn't upgrade to 2.4 on VB
got a raspberry pi
installed pCP and LMS
yada yada freakin yada

Cheers!

d6jg
2017-07-19, 15:19
Thanks mates...got her working...for now. That was quite an exercise. All because:

spotify going away on mysb
VB 2.3 couldn't get spotty
couldn't upgrade to 2.4 on VB
got a raspberry pi
installed pCP and LMS
yada yada freakin yada

Cheers!

Glad we have sorted it. Mines a pint!

bb1959
2017-08-31, 09:51

In the screenshot

Ignore NFS use CIFS

I am having issues again with this (got a new sd card after a power outage in Hurricane Harvey) and I'm trying to re mount to vortexbox...any ideas??

Mounting network drives requires extra filesystem support. less>
Please add additional filesystems using the option above.

d6jg
2017-08-31, 11:13
Install Additional File System support. Reboot. Then try mounting the VB as you did before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recoveryone
2017-11-09, 21:24
My server had a HD failure that had the OS on it, so I picked up another SFF system setup (duo core 3.0ghz with 8gig of ram and 250gig HD running win 7 pro) off Ebay dirt cheap. When I installed the 7.9 version I had a box pop up saying there was an upgrade??. I had d/l the last wiki update 10/2017, so is there something new coming?

DJanGo
2017-11-10, 10:30
When I installed the 7.9 version I had a box pop up saying there was an upgrade??.

its called 7.9.1 like explained in the wiki article http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Debian_Package#installing_7.9.1