PDA

View Full Version : Server disconnects when WAN is down

jarome
2017-06-24, 11:28
Yesterday, Comcast was dead. I was trying to play my own music, which is on my Linux LEAP 42.2 server, on my Transporters. Both Transporters are connected via hard-wired Ethernet to my server. But the Transporters lose connection to my Squeezeboxserver for 5-second periods. When it comes back, I must press Pause twice. Then it is good for 2-5 minutes, and dies again.
What can be causing this, and how can I fix it?

garym
2017-06-24, 13:48
Yesterday, Comcast was dead. I was trying to play my own music, which is on my Linux LEAP 42.2 server, on my Transporters. Both Transporters are connected via hard-wired Ethernet to my server. But the Transporters lose connection to my Squeezeboxserver for 5-second periods. When it comes back, I must press Pause twice. Then it is good for 2-5 minutes, and dies again.
What can be causing this, and how can I fix it?

Do you have a router in line separate from the cable modem or is it an "all in one" unit.

jarome
2017-06-24, 15:19
No, I have a separate Linksys EA9500 that does my LAN.
Does the LMS need to "call home" occasionally? -- i.e., to mysqueezebox.com?

garym
2017-06-24, 15:25
No, I have a separate Linksys EA9500 that does my LAN.
Does the LMS need to "call home" occasionally? -- i.e., to mysqueezebox.com?

No. I can play my own music all day long with internet down.

garym
2017-06-24, 15:46
Maybe the logs can tell you something. Go into LMS > Settings > Advanced > Logging and set the "server" log to "debug". Then after you've had some dropouts/restarts, go into Settings > information > bottom of page and look at logs. Maybe you have some plugin that I don't that is needing internet connection or ????. Anyhow, the logs over this time should be instructive, even if not to you, you can post here....