PDA

View Full Version : Failed Duet?

vcrpro3
2017-06-13, 15:36
What is an indicator of a failed Duet receiver? Found the Duet receiver had no light on on the front of receiver, normally it is dim white. Momentarily pressed button..nothing, held down button for a count of 10..nothing. Unplugged and reconnected power supply.. Finally red light came on. Red will be on steady for a bit and the blink 2-4 times, then back to steady red and repeat pattern. The Duet remote does find my network but not receiver. Have gone through reset via remote, but cannot get to receiver reset...All firewalls on PC are off, no changes to router from when it worked...is it ready for burial??????:(

drmatt
2017-06-13, 15:39
Hold down the button on the front for a while after a power on, it'll go into discover mode and the remote should pick it up and allow you to reconfigure it. They crash from time to time.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk

vcrpro3
2017-06-13, 16:11
Tried that several times, nothing changes. With Duet remote within 6 feet of receiver, still will not see player. Have to explore finding another power supply for it as i have seen some references from people that have had a similar problem was solved by new supply even though it seemed the original was delivering voltage. Looked at switching the wall warts from my V3 Squeezebox, but that one is 5 volts, the Duet's is 9 volts....

vcrpro3
2017-06-13, 16:12
Tried that several times, nothing changes. With Duet remote within 6 feet of receiver, still will not see player. Have to explore finding another power supply for it as i have seen some references from people that have had a similar problem was solved by new supply even though it seemed the original was delivering voltage. Looked at switching the wall warts from my V3 Squeezebox, but that one is 5 volts, the Duet's is 9 volts....

w3wilkes
2017-06-13, 17:47
Found this
https://www.savingology.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Adapter-PSA05R-090-Charger-EGR&click=2&gclid=CIqDzfyNvNQCFQ2TaQodedwFIA
I've also read other posts where it turned out to be a flakey PS.

vcrpro3
2017-06-13, 19:20
Yep...something fubar. left the receiver unplugged for a couple of hours. Plugged it back in to the wall wart. LED in optical digital output illuminates, no more light on front panel button at all........

Thomas8675309
2017-06-27, 15:05
Yep...something fubar. left the receiver unplugged for a couple of hours. Plugged it back in to the wall wart. LED in optical digital output illuminates, no more light on front panel button at all........

I had a similar issue a few months ago, and it was in fact a faulty power supply (well it had worked fine for years, but no more). Once I replaced it, my Duet was up and running again. As I stated in another thread, if possible order your new power supply directly from Logitech through the Logitech website. Many of the so-called replacement power supplies on eBay and Amazon don't have the proper barrel connector for a Duet and are therefore useless.

Good luck and best regards.

Tom