PDA

View Full Version : Missing images in LMS in piCorePlayer 3.20 (aka slimserver issue #145)

hartzell
2017-05-21, 14:05
I'm trying to track down why the LMS web ui crashes in Chrome (I suspect Ghostery, but...)

Along the way I noticed that there are a handful of images that seem to be missing.

I opened an issue in the Slimserver repository for it: https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/issues/145

I don't know where to find the build/... bits for piCorePlayer, so I can't figure out if/how the files or filenames are getting messed up.

If someone can give me a clue where the build things life, I might be able to submit a patch.

Alt, someone else might be able to clean it up.

mherger
2017-05-21, 14:23
> I'm trying to track down why the LMS web ui crashes in Chrome (I suspect
> Ghostery, but...)

Why don't you try without then?

> I opened an issue in the Slimserver repository for it:
> https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/issues/145

And I responded already.

> I don't know where to find the build/... bits for piCorePlayer, so I
> can't figure out if/how the files or filenames are getting messed up.

If it's Chrome only, then there's a problem in your environment. I run
LMS on pCP myself, using Chrome, too.

--

Michael

hartzell
2017-05-21, 14:47
I'm sorry, I didn't explain myself well enough (and I didn't realize how closely connected the GitHub repository and this forum were).

I'm asking about the images that the UI is asking for that don't seem to be in LMS installation.

I only mentioned the Ghostery issue to set the stage, apologies for the distraction. I don't see the page crash (or a couple of JS errors that I think are related) when it's disabled. I've contacted their support folks to see if it rings any bells.

I *do* see the missing images whether Ghostery is enabled or not. Sometimes they show up when the page is redrawn, sometimes when I scroll the playlist window, and sometimes when I switch to/from the tab.

I generally use Chrome on a Mac, that's where I noticed these errors about missing files.

I'm not as familiar with the Safari debugging console, I don't see the error there but I'm not certain I'm using the tools right.

paul-
2017-05-21, 15:21
Images are built directly from logitech distributions. There are no messed up files on the image that I can see. Your browser is not asking for the correct files, or it doesn't have the correct address. The DNS record for slim.alerce.com is a classless address. Why are you pushing a 192.168.x.x address to your dns provider.

Jeff07971
2017-05-22, 04:25
The DNS record for slim.alerce.com is a classless address. Why are you pushing a 192.168.x.x address to your dns provider.

And why is the DNS provider allowing it !

d6jg
2017-05-22, 07:59
And why is the DNS provider allowing it !

Perhaps he runs his own DNS (misconfigured) public server.

Jeff07971
2017-05-22, 10:46
Perhaps he runs his own DNS (misconfigured) public server.