Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wp steve
    • Dec 2006

slim devices

Has anyone found someone out here that can/will work on the slim device box? Mine quit, I can see a led inside so power is getting o it but does not function.
    Thanks, WP Steve
  • drmatt
    • Apr 2013

Your what? What model?
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Comment

• wp steve
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by drmatt
      Your what? What model?
      Slim Devise Squeezebox V3 3rd generation This is all I can find on the devise
      Thanks Steve

Comment

• tcutting
        • May 2008

Originally posted by wp steve
        Slim Devise Squeezebox V3 3rd generation This is all I can find on the devise
        Thanks Steve
        Judging from you symptoms, it may be your wireless card in the SB3 has failed (a common problem). Sometimes removing the wireless card in the unit will allow it to function (although only on wired ethernet). If this turns out to be the issue, I think some on this forum have been able to find replacement wifi cards - or you could just used wired.

Comment

• toby10
          • Jul 2007

Three most common issues/fixes for SB3:
          1. WiFi card (as tcutting suggests)
          2. PSU
          3. solder joint at power input

1 and 2 are simple user replacements (you'll need torx screw driver to open the case for WiFi card). 3 requires solder experience obviously. Your symptoms seem to suggest one of these easy fixes. PSU might be functioning but damaged therefore not sending enough power to unit but enough to light the internal red LED.

Beyond those likely means board level diagnosis & repair, few woulf tackle it and probably cost more than simply buying a complete used unit.

Comment

• wp steve
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by toby10
            Three most common issues/fixes for SB3:
            1. WiFi card (as tcutting suggests)
            2. PSU
            3. solder joint at power input

1 and 2 are simple user replacements (you'll need torx screw driver to open the case for WiFi card). 3 requires solder experience obviously. Your symptoms seem to suggest one of these easy fixes. PSU might be functioning but damaged therefore not sending enough power to unit but enough to light the internal red LED.

Beyond those likely means board level diagnosis & repair, few woulf tackle it and probably cost more than simply buying a complete used unit.
            Thanks to those that answered, I'll give it a try
            WP Steve

Comment

Working...