PDA

View Full Version : Announce: piCorePlayer 3.20 Beta

paul-
2017-04-02, 10:07
Hi, the team is nearing the completion of the release of a new piCorePlayer 3.20. Because of the many significant kernel changes, improvements and bug fixes we decided to offer a public beta. Anyone is free to try the beta, but if you find a problem please post diagnostic data.

Both version are ready for testing
1. piCorePlayer3.20beta5 which is a normal version like all previous pCP releases. The kernel and modules are mostly vanilla versions from the official raspberry pi linux source with only a couple of tweaks.

2. piCorePlayer3.20beta5-Audio version. This version contain all the same improvements as the above normal version. But in addition we have added all the audio related patches that Clive (aka JackOfAll) made for the raspberry kernel. So here we have support for more i2s-DACs and we support higher sample rates etc.
**Please note: This version is only recommended for I2S soundcards and hardwired network. The optimizations for audio has been known to interfere with wifi, and for sure will make USB soundcards unstable.

Changelog:
KERNEL/FIRMWARE changes

Kernel 4.9.17
rpi firmware 2017/03/31
config.txt changes to increase usable memory on rpi2/3 by 16M
config.txt changes to decrease videocore memory usage.
rpi Zero-W Support
Allo Boss and Piano-Plus Support
Changed 8192cu driver (same version that OSMC uses)
8812au driver included
Other PCP changes
Squeezelite updated to v1.86-945
ffmpeg updated to 3.17
wiringpi shared libraries included by default. (Used to be static linked to squeezelite).
flac updated to 1.3.2
utf8 support for fat32 partitions
New card configuration system, will help with speed on squeezelite page. Also allows us to add more specific card information.
Set --nomysqueezebox option from web interface
Default LMS install is 7.9.0 released verison
Great updates to pCP jivelite pacakge. Made possible by mherger
pcp Help web site http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net. This is still a work in progress, where we can easily create web pages with HOTO's and other information. If you have something you would like included, creates a simple web page and let us know.
And last but not least, corrections to the inplace update process

Before you get to excited about the last improvement, We need to make you aware that the images for piCoreplayer 3.11 and prior used a 25MB boot partiion. With the new kernel and overlays piCoreplayer3.20 uses all but 200k (99%) of this space. piCorePlayer 3.20 images will increase to a 32MB boot partition to hopefully future proof that for a while.

The inplace upgrade will not be offered for the beta phase, but we will make it available at the time of the release. There will be a hotfix needed to make this available.....we will post that fix later.

The betas can be downloaded here.
piCorePlayer 3.20 beta (https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/beta/piCorePlayer3.20beta5/).

kidstypike
2017-04-02, 13:56
piCorePlayer3.20beta5 - normal version working fine here, thanks for the --nomysqueezebox.com button :)

Eyerex
2017-04-02, 16:59
Been using for the last few hours and all good

Greg Erskine
2017-04-02, 22:33
Hi Paul-,

I have tried it on these 3 configurations with success!

RPi3B
Wifi (newconfig method)
HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro
OK

RPi2B
Ethernet
Analog Audio
Jivelite
OK

RPi0W
Wifi (newconfig method)
HDMI Audio
OK

regards
Greg

nowhinjing
2017-04-03, 01:32
Hi,

this new release seems to break my RaLink Wi-Fi USB. Looking at the diagnostics all the right drivers are loaded and the USB key is recognised - it just will not connect.

I have gone back to 3.11 - this works.

keep up the good work - and thank-you all.

best regards,

Richard

Wetty
2017-04-03, 03:18
I have tested two devices, both on Wifi Network

Audio Kernel
Rpi2B with HifiBerry DAC+ and Edimax USB Wifi Dongle

Vanilla Kernel
Rpi0W with pHat DAC (HifiBerry DAC as Audio Output)

Thanks for the good work :)
Wetty

paul-
2017-04-03, 03:41
Hi,

this new release seems to break my RaLink Wi-Fi USB. Looking at the diagnostics all the right drivers are loaded and the USB key is recognised - it just will not connect.

best regards,

Richard
Please post the diagnostics.

huxmut
2017-04-03, 05:10
Thanks pCP Team. As always, I appreciate your efforts and admire your code monkey skills :)

I'll give this a whirl during the week :cool:

AngloCuencano
2017-04-03, 09:48
I am having a problem with vanilla version of 3.20.

System is a Pi 2B/IQAudio DAC+ and I am currently running a wired connection. PCP appears to load correctly and I can access the web GUI without any problem. I have selected the correct output, Squeezelite is running and I can play music.

The problem is with the display (official Raspberry Pi touch screen). The last output I get is:

Starting Jivelite .. Done.
crond syncing time
crond [631] time disparity of xxx minutes detected

The display hangs at this point.

The time zone is set to ECT5. This is correct for my location, Ecuador, and the bar at the bottom of the web GUI is showing the correct date and time.

paul-
2017-04-03, 11:50
The problem is with the display (official Raspberry Pi touch screen). The last output I get is:

Starting Jivelite .. Done.
crond syncing time
crond [631] time disparity of xxx minutes detected

The display hangs at this point.

The startup commands from PCP are perfectly normal. Can you check the diagnostics pages to see if there are errors in dmesg? (or just ssh into your box and run dmesg) You might also check your cables, to make sure you didn't unseat the ribbon cable while changing your SD card.

AngloCuencano
2017-04-03, 13:01
The startup commands from PCP are perfectly normal. Can you check the diagnostics pages to see if there are errors in dmesg? (or just ssh into your box and run dmesg) You might also check your cables, to make sure you didn't unseat the ribbon cable while changing your SD card.

I decided to start over by re-writing the image to the SD card and everything is OK now. I think the first time there was a problem while downloading Jivelite. The second time Jivelite downloaded, the options for VU meters also downloaded. These didn't download the first time.

paul-
2017-04-03, 13:15
I decided to start over by re-writing the image to the SD card and everything is OK now. I think the first time there was a problem while downloading Jivelite. The second time Jivelite downloaded, the options for VU meters also downloaded. These didn't download the first time.

Ok, good. I'll check the install routine to make sure it downloads correctly before we set Jivelite to start. Thanks for the followup.

Greg Erskine
2017-04-03, 15:35
Hi Paul-

Jivelite downloaded and worked fine when I tested it.

A couple of points come to mind.

1. Jivelite requires a resizefs, then reloading. I think people could forget to come back and try again to load jivelite after resize.
2. Temporary problem with the download server.

regards
Greg

AngloCuencano
2017-04-03, 15:51
[QUOTE=Greg Erskine;880099]

1. Jivelite requires a resizefs, then reloading. I think people could forget to come back and try again to load jivelite after resize.

[/QUOTE,]

This was probably my problem the first time; I did forget to resize the file system before downloading Jivelite. However, pCP gave a warning about insufficient size and then ran the resizing script when I tried to download Jivelite, so I assumed everything had been done correctly. But apparently not.

paul-
2017-04-03, 16:50
Hi Paul-

Jivelite downloaded and worked fine when I tested it.

A couple of points come to mind.

2. Temporary problem with the download server.

regards
Greg

Whatever the cause of the failed download is not what bothers me. His pCP startup screen showed " Starting Jivelite" Which can only happen if the Jivelite installed configuration variable is set. I rechecked the download code, That variable is only set with a successful download of jivelite. So I'm not sure what happened.

@Anglo, When you installed the 3.20 image, did you start with config on a USB stick?

AngloCuencano
2017-04-03, 18:49
@Anglo, When you installed the 3.20 image, did you start with config on a USB stick?

No, I just did a fresh install on the SD, and then configured everything from scratch when the web GUI came up.

mherger
2017-04-04, 01:03
Thanks for the update! Installation went smoothly (after some RTFM moments wrt. wireless setup...). The only peculiarity I'd mention is the refresh duration being too short after some actions. Eg. when I tried to install jivelite, I obviously had to expand the filesystem. After doing so the web UI would try to automatically refresh the page after 30(?) seconds. On my Pi2 with wlan only this wasn't long enough, resulting in an error page. The same happened after the jivelite installation (refresh=5). I think those values can be a bit more generous, as there's a "click here to refresh" button anyway on that page.

Oh, and the web UI feels indeed quite a bit snappier.

Nice job!

Corelli45
2017-04-04, 22:56
Successful installation!Looks great!No issues so far.

bb3ii
2017-04-04, 23:09
Hello Gents,

Running a RPi3 with Allo BOSS DAC and get a loud pop on some, not all manual track changes...not sure if this is an Allo or pCP issue.
Any suggestions?

Otherwise, sounds fantastic...

paul-
2017-04-05, 16:13
Hello Gents,

Running a RPi3 with Allo BOSS DAC and get a loud pop on some, not all manual track changes...not sure if this is an Allo or pCP issue.
Any suggestions?

Otherwise, sounds fantastic...

The Allo boss was heavily tested. I'm running it right now. No issues. What else is in your setup? Which kernel, what type of audio files?

bb3ii
2017-04-05, 17:50
The Allo boss was heavily tested. I'm running it right now. No issues. What else is in your setup? Which kernel, what type of audio files?

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1488878280 @ Wed Mar 8 14:37:44 CUT 2017
Hostname: SERVERBIFF
Server IP Address: 192.168.70.7
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows 2012 Server - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 2

Player Model: SqueezeLite
Player Type: squeezelite
Firmware: v1.8.6-945
Player IP Address: 192.168.70.74
Player MAC Address: b8:27:eb:1e:a8:eb

Running latest versions that I am aware of...it is definitely only happening when switching sample rates; file type does not matter (WAV, FLAC, AIFF tested). No issue switching tracks with same sample rate but different files types. This was not an issue with the 3.10 release with KALI / Piano DAC combo therefore I am suspecting it is related to the BOSS card / driver.
Any settings related to output muting on sample rate changes?

DJDR
2017-04-05, 22:54
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1488878280 @ Wed Mar 8 14:37:44 CUT 2017
Hostname: SERVERBIFF
Server IP Address: 192.168.70.7
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows 2012 Server - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 2

Player Model: SqueezeLite
Player Type: squeezelite
Firmware: v1.8.6-945
Player IP Address: 192.168.70.74
Player MAC Address: b8:27:eb:1e:a8:eb

Running latest versions that I am aware of...it is definitely only happening when switching sample rates; file type does not matter (WAV, FLAC, AIFF tested). No issue switching tracks with same sample rate but different files types. This was not an issue with the 3.10 release with KALI / Piano DAC combo therefore I am suspecting it is related to the BOSS card / driver.

I also get a click when switching sample rates, but only going back in sample rate from 88/96/192 to 44 khz. (From 192 to 96 there is no click). It is not very loud, nothing serious imo, but it is there. I have a RPI 2/Boss/3.20 Audio combination.

Thanks for this very good musicplayer! I tried all of them but Picoreplayer is my favorite.

ralphy
2017-04-06, 04:27

I also get a click when switching sample rates, but only going back in sample rate from 88/96/192 to 44 khz. (From 192 to 96 there is no click). It is not very loud, nothing serious imo, but it is there. I have a RPI 2/Boss/3.20 Audio combination.

Thanks for this very good musicplayer! I tried all of them but Picoreplayer is my favorite.

In the webgui squeezelite settings, could you both try setting the "undocumented" 5th ALSA settings parameter to 1 to force squeezelite to reopen alsa on sample rate change. Save and restart squeezelite.

paul-
2017-04-06, 09:58
Allo is aware of the clicking issue, and verified it is a DAC and Driver problem. They are working out a correction.

Yes we are aware of clicks noise when changing tracks . Seems to come courtesy of TI that removed the "click/pop " reference from pcm51xx datasheet about a year ago.Our IC batch is new and so it seems there is no antipop on the IC. Some ICs have louder clicks than others..
In any case we have modified (again) the driver and increase some muting..it works well.

bambadoo
2017-04-06, 11:52
Hi,

best regards,

Richard
Same for me. Both normal beta and beta "audio".
Going back to 3.11 "audio". Works like a charm.

Diagnostics:

Generated by diag_wifi.cgi on Thu Jan 1 01:09:28 CET 1970
_ _____ ___ __
___ (_) ___/__ _______ / _ \/ /__ ___ _____ ____
/ _ \/ / /__/ _ \/ __/ -_) ___/ / _ `/ // / -_) __/
/ .__/_/\___/\___/_/ \__/_/ /_/\_,_/\_, /\__/_/
/_/ /___/

piCorePlayer = piCore + Squeezelite + Raspberry Pi

The software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind,
either express or implied, including without limitation any implied
warranties of condition, uninterrupted use, merchantability,
fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.

================================================== =======================================
Wifi: on
SSID: *****
Password: *********
Security: WPA
MAC address: 00:e1:b0:10:6b:f1
Uptime: 0 days 0 hours 9 minutes 29 seconds
================================================== =======================================

dmesg
[ 2.570104] usb 1-1.5: New USB device found, idVendor=148f, idProduct=7601
[ 2.570120] usb 1-1.5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 2.570133] usb 1-1.5: Product: 802.11 n WLAN
[ 2.570144] usb 1-1.5: Manufacturer: MediaTek
[ 2.570156] usb 1-1.5: SerialNumber: 1.0

lsmod
Module Size Used by Not tainted
mt7601u 90060 0
mac80211 674442 1 mt7601u
cfg80211 526650 2 mt7601u,mac80211
rfkill 20571 1 cfg80211
fixed 3285 2

wifi usb report (lsusb)
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter

Wifi wpa driver (wifi-wpadrv)
nl80211,wext

iwconfig

ifconfig
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:E1:B0:10:6B:F1
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

iwlist

paul-
2017-04-06, 13:10
Thanks for the info, something in 4.9 broke ralink based chips. We were able to confirm this on our end. Quick testing show they work in raspbian, so its a configuration issue that we never had to worry about before.

bb3ii
2017-04-06, 16:08
In the webgui squeezelite settings, could you both try setting the "undocumented" 5th ALSA settings parameter to 1 to force squeezelite to reopen alsa on sample rate change. Save and restart squeezelite.

No joy on this suggestion. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Allo.com for support? My previous requests via email have gone unanswered to date.

Thanks.

paul-
2017-04-07, 05:51
No joy on this suggestion. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Allo.com for support? My previous requests via email have gone unanswered to date.

As a temporary fix. Setup squeezelite to upsample everything to 192k (or 384k if you are running the Audio Kernel) Put 192000 in the Max Sample Rate field, then put vLX in the upsample recipe. The X option will upsample everything to the max rate.

As I mentioned, Allo is aware of the problem and is working on a driver fix. It has not been released yet, once they do it will require a kernel recompile, which I will do, but will take a little time.

The Allo rep monitors the boss thread over at DIY audio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/304004-my-new-boss-another-pi-hat-13.html#post5043108)

DJDR
2017-04-07, 11:58
I did the temporary fix:
/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n Studeerkamer -o hw:CARD=BossDAC -a 80 4 1 -b 20000 600000 -r 384000 -R vLX
And, it is working.

Do I understand correctly that it is best to upsample
-44,1 khz + 88,2 khz + 176,4 khz files to 352,8 khz
-48 khz + 96 khz + 192 khz files to 384 khz?

If yes what it is the commandline for it? So, how to create two upsample sets? I tried but I didn’t succeed. I hope someone can help me!

Wirrunna
2017-04-07, 21:55
Thanks for the info, something in 4.9 broke ralink based chips. We were able to confirm this on our end. Quick testing show they work in raspbian, so its a configuration issue that we never had to worry about before.

All of my pCps use Ratlink Wi-Pi dongles -
[ 2.746733] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=148f, idProduct=5370
[ 2.746748] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 2.746758] usb 1-1.2: Product: 802.11 n WLAN
[ 2.746767] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Ralink
and I also confirm they don't work on 3.20 Beta.
Looking forward to the fix.

tbali
2017-04-08, 08:47
I installed 3.20beta5 today and everything works well here. The only problem was that ipv6-4.9.17-pcpCore+ is missing in the repo. I think it was one of the dependencies of git. I solved it temporary by renaming the normal picore ipv6 package to this name.

paul-
2017-04-08, 11:47
I installed 3.20beta5 today and everything works well here. The only problem was that ipv6-4.9.17-pcpCore+ is missing in the repo. I think it was one of the dependencies of git. I solved it temporary by renaming the normal picore ipv6 package to this name.

When installing git, you are getting that from the tinycore repo. Kernel modules for pCP are in the pCP Repo only, so that is 100% expected. Install the kernel modules from the pCP repo, then go get what you are trying to install.

fsger
2017-04-08, 15:07
I have 3.20beta5 installed and running very nicely with RIP3 WiFi. Thank you! 3.20beta5 does not work with WiFi, which is a shame because the 3.11-audio did.

In both 3.11 and 3.20 96KHz files appear to play but no sound comes out. I use a Digi+ with optical output into my Caiman SEG DAC. Coax does not work either. Afterwards, no other files will play (44KHz or streaming) until I reboot PCP. The same files work fine with my SBTouch into the same DAC. Any suggestions?

paul-
2017-04-09, 04:52
I have 3.20beta5 installed and running very nicely with RIP3 WiFi. Thank you! 3.20beta5 does not work with WiFi, which is a shame because the 3.11-audio did.

In both 3.11 and 3.20 96KHz files appear to play but no sound comes out. I use a Digi+ with optical output into my Caiman SEG DAC. Coax does not work either. Afterwards, no other files will play (44KHz or streaming) until I reboot PCP. The same files work fine with my SBTouch into the same DAC. Any suggestions?

You need to supply more information. You have not even told us what soundcard you are using. Also, the only wifi that is known to not work is ralink chips. If you are using the rpi3 wifi, it works fine here. I have 2 of them and a zero-w running.

bb3ii
2017-04-09, 09:53
As a temporary fix. Setup squeezelite to upsample everything to 192k (or 384k if you are running the Audio Kernel) Put 192000 in the Max Sample Rate field, then put vLX in the upsample recipe. The X option will upsample everything to the max rate.

As I mentioned, Allo is aware of the problem and is working on a driver fix. It has not been released yet, once they do it will require a kernel recompile, which I will do, but will take a little time.

The Allo rep monitors the boss thread over at DIY audio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/304004-my-new-boss-another-pi-hat-13.html#post5043108)

Thank you Paul!

paul-
2017-04-09, 12:02
So all of you Ralink folks don't miss out, I've fixed that problem.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/beta/piCorePlayer3.20beta6/

There is no reason for anyone else to upgrade, as the only real fix is for Ralink. I've tested with

[ 3.118012] usb 1-1.5: New USB device found, idVendor=148f, idProduct=5370
[ 3.118036] usb 1-1.5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 3.118047] usb 1-1.5: Product: 802.11 n WLAN
[ 3.118058] usb 1-1.5: Manufacturer: Ralink
[ 3.118067] usb 1-1.5: SerialNumber: 1.0

Wirrunna
2017-04-09, 14:54
So all of you Ralink folks don't miss out, I've fixed that problem.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/beta/piCorePlayer3.20beta6/

There is no reason for anyone else to upgrade, as the only real fix is for Ralink. I've tested with

[ 3.118012] usb 1-1.5: New USB device found, idVendor=148f, idProduct=5370
[ 3.118036] usb 1-1.5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 3.118047] usb 1-1.5: Product: 802.11 n WLAN
[ 3.118058] usb 1-1.5: Manufacturer: Ralink
[ 3.118067] usb 1-1.5: SerialNumber: 1.0

paul- Connects with the beta 6, thank you.
Beta 6 Audio still doesn't find the USB device.

paul-
2017-04-09, 15:18
paul- Connects with the beta 6, thank you.
Beta 6 Audio still doesn't find the USB device.

What do you mean still? Nobody has reported a USB sound issue. Please post diagnostics?

fsger
2017-04-09, 15:22
You need to supply more information. You have not even told us what soundcard you are using. Also, the only wifi that is known to not work is ralink chips. If you are using the rpi3 wifi, it works fine here. I have 2 of them and a zero-w running.

Hi Paul, I have no sound card. As I noted in my post, I have a Digi+ installed in the RPI3 which I use to output to my DAC via an optical link. I use the Digi+ setting in PCP. 96KHz files work with the DAC and my SBTouch, I am assuming the DAC and LMS are not the problem.

For the WiFi is used the standard RPI wifi which it installed RALink drivers for (I'll try beta 6 so that should hopefully fix that problem - thank you for that!)

paul-
2017-04-09, 15:54
Hi Paul, I have no sound card. As I noted in my post, I have a Digi+ installed in the RPI3 which I use to output to my DAC via an optical link. I use the Digi+ setting in PCP. 96KHz files work with the DAC and my SBTouch, I am assuming the DAC and LMS are not the problem.

For the WiFi is used the standard RPI wifi which it installed RALink drivers for (I'll try beta 6 so that should hopefully fix that problem - thank you for that!)

Yes you do have a soundcard, you just don't have a DAC on the RPI. Who makes the Digi+ that is a critical piece of information.

If the product is made by Hifiberry, then rpi3 onboard wifi is almost guaranteed to fail.

Wirrunna
2017-04-09, 16:08
What do you mean still? Nobody has reported a USB sound issue. Please post diagnostics?

I meant that the Ralink USB wi-fi device is not found in the beta 6 audio version but works fine in the "standard" version.

**Please note: This version is only recommended for I2S soundcards and hardwired network. The optimizations for audio has been known to interfere with wifi, and for sure will make USB soundcards unstable.

Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen

I am running a Kali reclocker and a generic I2S Sabre ESS9023 DAC with the 7" touch screen and it all works fine.

paul-
2017-04-09, 16:41
I meant that the Ralink USB wi-fi device is not found in the beta 6 audio version but works fine in the "standard" version.
I am running a Kali reclocker and a generic I2S Sabre ESS9023 DAC with the 7" touch screen and it all works fine.

Okay, not sure what causes it, but quite a few wifi devices don't work under the Audio kernel. That is why I mention that right in the OP to not use wifi.

Wirrunna
2017-04-09, 16:43
Beta 6 Audio -
dmesg:
[ 2.566858] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=148f, idProduct=5370
[ 2.566878] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 2.566890] usb 1-1.2: Product: 802.11 n WLAN
[ 2.566902] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Ralink
[ 2.566914] usb 1-1.2: SerialNumber: 1.0

Available wifi networks
Scanning......

No wifi devices found!

Possible error:

1. USB wifi adapter missing - insert adapter.
2. wifi drivers and firmware missing - reboot required.

With Beta 6
dmesg:
[ 2.726789] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=148f, idProduct=5370
[ 2.726804] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 2.726814] usb 1-1.2: Product: 802.11 n WLAN
[ 2.726824] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Ralink
[ 2.726833] usb 1-1.2: SerialNumber: 1.0

Available wifi networks
Scanning.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SSID Quality Level Channel Encryption Address
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Spotty Dogs 84 -51dBm 1 (2.412GHz) on WPA2 08:62:66:94:AA:90
2. reddogs3 84 -51dBm 1 (2.412GHz) on WPA2 08:62:66:94:AA:91
3. Spotty Dog 81 -53dBm 1 (2.412GHz) on WPA2 08:62:66:94:AA:92

fsger
2017-04-10, 11:22
Yes you do have a soundcard, you just don't have a DAC on the RPI. Who makes the Digi+ that is a critical piece of information.

If the product is made by Hifiberry, then rpi3 onboard wifi is almost guaranteed to fail.

Yes it is a HiFiBerry. I tried their Digi+ Pro board a while ago and couldn't get that to work at all. I know IQAudio and PiFy do similar boards. Are they more likely to work? Perhaps I just need to get my range extender out again and connect the RPI by LAN and see if that fixes it first.

I tried the 3.20beta6 audio version but just get "Wifi IP: is missing - reboot or connect required" in the WiFi Information panel and in the diagnostics:

"No wifi devices found!

Possible error:

2. wifi drivers and firmware missing - reboot required."

I rebooted but got the same. Perhaps the Digi+ is also the issue here too?

Man in a van
2017-04-10, 12:49
Yes it is a HiFiBerry. I tried their Digi+ Pro board a while ago and couldn't get that to work at all. I know IQAudio and PiFy do similar boards. Are they more likely to work? Perhaps I just need to get my range extender out again and connect the RPI by LAN and see if that fixes it first.

I tried the 3.20beta6 audio version but just get "Wifi IP: is missing - reboot or connect required" in the WiFi Information panel and in the diagnostics:

"No wifi devices found!

Possible error:

2. wifi drivers and firmware missing - reboot required."

I rebooted but got the same. Perhaps the Digi+ is also the issue here too?

I have used hifiberry digi+ and digi+pro with pCP up to and including v3.1. without any problems, not yet tried the new beta version.

(The board that has/had a problem with the rpi3 wireless, is, I believe the dac+ pro but I think there is an exchange available if one contacts the mfg.
Some people on another forum have recommended using channel 10 for the wireless. This info is offered in good faith, and may not accurately reflect the current situation.) :p

fsger
2017-04-10, 14:53
I have used hifiberry digi+ and digi+pro with pCP up to and including v3.1. without any problems, not yet tried the new beta version.

(The board that has/had a problem with the rpi3 wireless, is, I believe the dac+ pro but I think there is an exchange available if one contacts the mfg.
Some people on another forum have recommended using channel 10 for the wireless. This info is offered in good faith, and may not accurately reflect the current situation.) :p

Thank you for the suggestion. I brought a wifi range extender out of retirement, turned off the wifi on the RPI3 and connected it to the extender with a LAN cable. It all works very well except the 96K files still do not play - so its not the wifi. Either the Digi+ is faulty or my RPI3 is faulty in some way.

huxmut
2017-04-10, 15:14
Thank you for the suggestion. I brought a wifi range extender out of retirement, turned off the wifi on the RPI3 and connected it to the extender with a LAN cable. It all works very well except the 96K files still do not play - so its not the wifi. Either the Digi+ is faulty or my RPI3 is faulty in some way.

can you upload a sample file (one that doesnt play for you) to a dropbox or similar.
just to rule out the file type/encode

bambadoo
2017-04-10, 23:07
Can confirm that ralink wifi work with 3.20beta6
Not with 3.20beta6 audio

However it works fine with 3.11 audio.

EDIT: No it doesnt work with 3.20beta6 either.
At first it was ok. After a reboot same problems as earlier.
I am using digi+ PRO and after choosing that in config sqeezelite wont start either.

Back to 3.11....

EDIT2 tried once more with a fresh install: Seems as wifi works fine (and website) when connected at the same time as wired. (for me lanIP=xxx.151, WlanIP=xxx.149) However when I unplug the rj45 everything stalls. Also after reboot.

EDIT3: Now I am lost. It suddenly works again - also with digi+ pro? Will report back later. 3.20beta6
installed extensions: minicom, nano, lrzsz

fsger
2017-04-11, 11:04
can you upload a sample file (one that doesnt play for you) to a dropbox or similar.
just to rule out the file type/encode

This is a free sampler 24/96 track from HDTracks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd2isn7jiis5pu4/03-American%20Culture%20X.flac?dl=0

I have converted this to WAV 24/96, same result. Converted to 24/48 it works. All work on by SBTouch and Foobar2000.

ralphy
2017-04-12, 06:19

I have converted this to WAV 24/96, same result. Converted to 24/48 it works. All work on by SBTouch and Foobar2000.

Just checked and this flac file plays on my Digi+ Pro on a rpi2 using pcp 3.11, standard kernel and I can play a standard 44.1K flac right afterward using coax.

$ cat /proc/asound/sndrpihifiberry/pcm0p/info
card: 0
device: 0
subdevice: 0
stream: PLAYBACK
id: HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro HiFi wm8804-spdif-0
name:
subname: subdevice #0
class: 0
subclass: 0
subdevices_count: 1
subdevices_avail: 0

$ cat /proc/asound/sndrpihifiberry/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 96000 (96000/1)
period_size: 960
buffer_size: 3840

$ cat /proc/asound/sndrpihifiberry/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 441
buffer_size: 1764

Are you using the audio kernel?

fsger
2017-04-12, 13:06
Just checked and this flac file plays on my Digi+ Pro on a rpi2 using pcp 3.11, standard kernel and I can play a standard 44.1K flac right afterward using coax.

Are you using the audio kernel?

Thanks for doing that. Good to know the files are OK. I have tried 96KHz with 3.11 (WiFi), 3.11 Audio (WiFi), 3.20beta5 (WiFi), 3.20beta6audio (LAN connection) all with the same result.

thornton
2017-04-12, 16:19
Hi everybody, i am new here. I am using daphile and a squeezelite client on a raspi (raspbian) very happily.

Now i wanted to install picoreplayer on a raspberry zero w. And i dont get it to work.

What i did until now:
Downloaded piCorePlayer3.20beta6.img
Burnt it to a ssd with Win32DiskImager
Downloaded newconfig.cfg and changed it to the following content:

#########################
# Edit the variables below to setup a wifi based system without LAN access
# Change Wifi to "on". Valid options for Encryption are "WEP", "WPA" or "OPEN"
WIFI="on"
SSID="FB7362"
PASSWORD="password"
ENCRYPTION="WPA"
# End Wifi setup
##########################

then copied the file to the pcp partition of the ssd.
Put the card in the raspi zero w and powered it up.
It is starting up, the led is blinking for a while, until its a unintermitted green light.

But the raspi doesnt appear on my router.

When i power it of and check the ssd, i see that newconfig.cfg disappeared / was deleted.

Every help is very much appreciated. Thank you very much

Andreas

huxmut
2017-04-12, 19:06
..If the product is made by Hifiberry, then rpi3 onboard wifi is almost guaranteed to fail.

I dont understand, I have two hifi berry hat's, one digi+ one dac+, both work fine with rPi3 built in wifi

that file plays fine for me. running pCP 3.11, internal wifi rPi3, hifiberry digi+ coax out to a audio-gd dac. a number of 44.1 and 48 files played OK afterwards too

paul-
2017-04-12, 19:27
I dont understand, I have two hifi berry hat's, one digi+ one dac+, both work fine with rPi3 built in wifi

This was meant for the "pro" boards. The first versions of the board interfered with the rpi3 wifi. I'm not sure when they fixed the problem.

huxmut
2017-04-12, 22:05
with all these different dac hats you devs sure have it easy :p:p:p

thornton
2017-04-13, 06:50
My router was using channel 12 or 13. Didnt have this in my head. Now on a lower channel everything is working fine!

Greg Erskine
2017-04-13, 15:00
Hi everybody, i am new here. I am using daphile and a squeezelite client on a raspi (raspbian) very happily.

Now i wanted to install picoreplayer on a raspberry zero w. And i dont get it to work.

What i did until now:
Downloaded piCorePlayer3.20beta6.img
Burnt it to a ssd with Win32DiskImager
Downloaded newconfig.cfg and changed it to the following content:

#########################
# Edit the variables below to setup a wifi based system without LAN access
# Change Wifi to "on". Valid options for Encryption are "WEP", "WPA" or "OPEN"
WIFI="on"
SSID="FB7362"
PASSWORD="password"
ENCRYPTION="WPA"
# End Wifi setup
##########################

It is starting up, the led is blinking for a while, until its a unintermitted green light.

When i power it of and check the ssd, i see that newconfig.cfg disappeared / was deleted.

Every help is very much appreciated. Thank you very much

Andreas

EDIT: Just saw your follow up post.

Hi thornton,

It look like you are doing the right thing.

http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/how_to_setup_wifi_on_pcp_without_ethernet.shtml

When you first power up it will go through a couple of reboots. I wonder if you let it complete its final boot? This will take more than a minute or 2.

The next thing is, are the SSID and password correct?

Do they contain special characters?

Also, don't use a hidden SSID.

You might need to connect a monitor (and keyboard) to see what is happening.

By default, your should see a player called "piCorePlayer" appear in LMS.

regards
Greg

quadronado
2017-04-13, 22:13

I had a similar problem a few days ago. I turned out to be a space in the ssid. Maybe you used some special characters in your ssid or pswd? When I type the ssid with the space into the pcp webinterface there is no problem. Only the newconfig method had problems with the space!

thornton
2017-04-14, 05:39
I had a similar problem a few days ago. I turned out to be a space in the ssid. Maybe you used some special characters in your ssid or pswd? When I type the ssid with the space into the pcp webinterface there is no problem. Only the newconfig method had problems with the space!

My reproducable problem was, that my router used a wifi channel 13 or even above, which is above the normal (at least eurpean range).
So changing the channel to 6 made the connection possible.

In the beginnng i had some little crackling (using a Usb Dac). In the squeezelite settings i added a "-r 44100" and the crackling is gone

And its working like a charm now.

thessag
2017-04-15, 13:08
my wifi is working again with beta7 (skipped beta6)

is anyone getting 24bit over hdmi?
i get samplerates up to 192000 fine, but the bitrate stays according to hw_params at 16 bit.
thats the last bit thats not working for me.
thanks for this great product.

kidstypike
2017-04-15, 13:41
Option to use/install LMS 7.9.1 nightlies instead of 7.9.0 release.

Many thanks :)

M-H
2017-04-15, 16:15
To help you all with the great efforts, I have upgraded my pcp domain to 3.20B5
Sofar I have found nothing I could not fix with the common sense and previously posted solutions to known problems.

2 issue's areas however I would like to mention:

1) when using an odd 128MB ( ! no typo !) tf card, I was unable to extend the file system to use 'the whole' card. It seems if there is not 100 KB extra available, the script claims the extend is not possible. Perhaps that part can be reviewed and give me the extra MB's to install something useful like jivelight and NTFS USB MSD access ?
BTW it is a workable setup for a B+, 2b, 3b with wifi dongle and phat-dac, and I assume the zero would be OK too. Kudo's to those who keep PCP small !

2) the rebooting script from the main page, refers to the squeezelite name rather than the host name, in the confirmation box. A small thing, but the host is rebooted, and with that the player is restarted.
And then the web page keeps stuck at the /cgi-bin/reboot.cgi , that allows an enter to reboot the PCP again WITHOUT confirmation at all.

As it is still beta, this might all be solved before others do hit this new release.
I'm glad I can help with the beta tests
MH

Greg Erskine
2017-04-15, 16:52
Thanks for your feedback M-H,

To help you all with the great efforts, I have upgraded my pcp domain to 3.20B5

I think Beta 7 is recently available.

Sofar I have found nothing I could not fix with the common sense and previously posted solutions to known problems.

2 issue's areas however I would like to mention:

1) when using an odd 128MB ( ! no typo !) tf card, I was unable to extend the file system to use 'the whole' card. It seems if there is not 100 KB extra available, the script claims the extend is not possible. Perhaps that part can be reviewed and give me the extra MB's to install something useful like jivelight and NTFS USB MSD access ?
BTW it is a workable setup for a B+, 2b, 3b with wifi dongle and phat-dac, and I assume the zero would be OK too. Kudo's to those who keep PCP small !

I guess no one has tried a 128MB card before :D We will keep this is mind the next time we update the resize function. Where to get a 128MB card? eBay?

2) the rebooting script from the main page, refers to the squeezelite name rather than the host name, in the confirmation box. A small thing, but the host is rebooted, and with that the player is restarted.

My reason for doing so is most people would set the player name and probably not the host name. Also there is more flexibility in the player name. LMS also refers to the player name rather than the host name. Personally I set the Player name and host name the same. Your point though is valid and logically correct.

And then the web page keeps stuck at the /cgi-bin/reboot.cgi , that allows an enter to reboot the PCP again WITHOUT confirmation at all.

Michael brought up a similar issue recently. We will address this and similar related issues in a future release.

As it is still beta, this might all be solved before others do hit this new release.
I'm glad I can help with the beta tests
MH

Thanks for your help.

regards
Greg

paul-
2017-04-16, 12:18
This is posted for insitu_upgrade. Or burn a new image (https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/beta/piCorePlayer3.20beta7/).

Kernel updated to 4.9.21
Updated Boss driver, which is supposed to address the clicking between tracks when rate changes.

Also, just an FYI, do not turn off your HDMI port with 3.20 (Tweaks page HDMI power) If you do, your I2S soundcard will probably no longer work. Reference.https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1949

Once rpi fixes the issue, there will be one last update before release.

Paul Webster
2017-04-16, 13:46
This is posted for insitu_upgrade. Or burn a new image.

From 3.1x or only earlier beta of 3.20 ?

paul-
2017-04-16, 14:05
Option to use/install LMS 7.9.1 nightlies instead of 7.9.0 release.

Many thanks :)

I'm going to leave the main repo at 7.9.0 for a while. I modified the updater script so you can update to 7.9.1. Once on 7.9.1, nightly updates should work as before.

Follow these steps.

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ cd /tmp
tc@piCorePlayer:/tmp$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paul-1/lms-update-script/Master/lms-update.sh
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (151.101.0.133:443)
lms-update.sh 100% |************************************************* ***************************| 13190 0:00:00 ETA
tc@piCorePlayer:/tmp$ chmod 755 lms-update.sh
tc@piCorePlayer:/tmp$ sudo ./lms-update.sh --mm 7.9.1 -s -r -u

kidstypike
2017-04-16, 14:21
I'm going to leave the main repo at 7.9.0 for a while. I modified the updater script so you can update to 7.9.1. Once on 7.9.1, nightly updates should work as before.

Follow these steps.

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ cd /tmp
tc@piCorePlayer:/tmp$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paul-1/lms-update-script/Master/lms-update.sh
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (151.101.0.133:443)
lms-update.sh 100% |************************************************* ***************************| 13190 0:00:00 ETA
tc@piCorePlayer:/tmp$ chmod 755 lms-update.sh
tc@piCorePlayer:/tmp$ sudo ./lms-update.sh --mm 7.9.1 -s -r -u

Wonderful, many thanks. :)

Wirrunna
2017-04-16, 16:53
I just did insitu updates to all 3 pCp players. I tried updating to the "audio" on one and while it updated, the Ratlink wifi wouldn't work, so I connected an ethernet cable and updated again - but this time to standard beta 7. Working now.

One thing I have noticed on the 3.20 beta is the Harry Potter yellow lightning strike is not so frequent as on 3.11 . I run rP1 2 + with Kali reclockers, 7" touch screens and ESS9023 DACs all from a supposed 5v 3.0 amp supply that I got with the Kali. I was about to connect a second 5v supply for the touch screen only when 3.20 came out and this looks like saving a bit of fiddling with 2 power supplies for one device.

bb3ii
2017-04-16, 21:15
This is posted for insitu_upgrade. Or burn a new image.

Kernel updated to 4.9.21
Updated Boss driver, which is supposed to address the clicking between tracks when rate changes.

Also, just an FYI, do not turn off your HDMI port with 3.20 (Tweaks page HDMI power) If you do, your I2S soundcard will probably no longer work. Reference.https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1949

Hoorah!! 3.20 Beta 7 = No more popping and snapping on sample rate changes with Allo Boss DAC and Pi3!!
Thanks for the quick fix gents...:D

holck
2017-04-17, 00:04
The audio version of the beta works perfect here, thanks a lot.

And, as a bonus, I now no longer have the pulsing background noise that used to irritate me. It was quite soft, but clearly noticeable - something like 4-5 beats per second.

M-H
2017-04-17, 03:42
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your feedback M-H,
I think Beta 7 is recently available.
Greg

OK I will reload the TF cards with the latest and start over. ( getting experienced with that ) and I can try the the insitu upgrade , as it is within the 3.20 release ? lets find out.

I guess no one has tried a 128MB card before :D We will keep this is mind the next time we update the resize function. Where to get a 128MB card? eBay?
Greg

I can't imagine I ever payed for such a size card, it must have been one of the 'useless' size cards I got with a blackberry, or canon camera.
Please link me to the scripts and I will see If I can read / tweak the script myself to push this tiny card to the max, just for fun.
Some other 'big' 1 Gig cards here work as test/demonstration LMS storage too.

My reason for doing so is most people would set the player name and probably not the host name. Also there is more flexibility in the player name. LMS also refers to the player name rather than the host name. Personally I set the Player name and host name the same. Your point though is valid and logically correct.
Greg

Understood. In my situation where multiple TF cards go in multiple raspberries with fixed IPs/DNS names based on dongle mac address, and some of them going to the same amp, it is so easy to erase the wrong one. It has happened on a few occasions. So I use the hostname and playername to remind me what is. Similar I use the LMS names to keep them apart and check what player has connected to what server.
Before I used PCP I even had multiple instances of squeezelight on one pi, to verify sound quality differences between usb, builtin and HAT DAC's

Perhaps you can just put both in the message box ? .. rebooting player X on host Y ... would be both correct and more informative and intuitive ( for me ) and have a pass across all messages to keep them logical and in line.

Regards, MH

petar
2017-04-17, 04:59
Hi there,

Great work on piCorePlayer. I have several Pis at home and they are all working really well.

I do have a spare one that has a Wolfson card in it, but unfortunately this card hasn't been supported.

I see this new version of piCorePlayer is based on kernel 4.9.17, which I believe has support for the Wolfson audio card:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,20769.msg129631.html

Would it be possible to get this working with piCorePlayer?

Thanks,
Pete

sbp
2017-04-17, 05:55
Hi there,

Great work on piCorePlayer. I have several Pis at home and they are all working really well.

I do have a spare one that has a Wolfson card in it, but unfortunately this card hasn't been supported.

I see this new version of piCorePlayer is based on kernel 4.9.17, which I believe has support for the Wolfson audio card:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,20769.msg129631.html

Would it be possible to get this working with piCorePlayer?

Thanks,
Pete

Yes I think we could try.
But as we don't have a wolfson card we need info from you.

Can you ssh into the latest piCorePlayer3.20 beta 7

Mount mmcblk0p1 (by using the command: m1)
Edit mnt/mmcblk0p1/config.txt - here you add dtoverlay=rpi-cirrus-wm5102 - then save your changes.
Then reboot
Then ssh into pCP again.
Please report the content of:
aplay -l
squeezelite -l

M-H
2017-04-17, 08:43

Edit mnt/mmcblk0p1/config.txt - here you add dtoverlay=rpi-cirrus-wm5102 - then save your changes.
Then reboot
Then ssh into pCP again.
aplay -l
squeezelite -l

Great !
I've been waiting 2 years to do something useful with my 2! spare cards ( cirrus Logic version )
Can someone direct me to the B7 download ?, else I have to use the B5 for the moment.

Greetz MH

paul-
2017-04-17, 09:31
Great !
I've been waiting 2 years to do something useful with my 2! spare cards ( cirrus Logic version )
Can someone direct me to the B7 download ?, else I have to use the B5 for the moment.

Greetz MH

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107223-Announce-piCorePlayer-3-20-Beta&p=881105&viewfull=1#post881105

M-H
2017-04-17, 10:55

Then reboot
Then ssh into pCP again.
aplay -l
squeezelite -l

OK tested with B5 as I had no B7 ( found the B7 now and will retest and report any differences )

+++++++
Before :
tc@piCorePlayer320B5-1G:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 8/8
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 0/1
tc@piCorePlayer320B5-1G:~$ squeezelite -l
Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, - Default Audio Device

tc@piCorePlayer320B5-1G:~$
+++++++++++
after:
tc@piCorePlayer320B5-1G:~$ aplay -l
tc@piCorePlayer320B5-1G:~$ squeezelite -l
Output devices:

dmesg part:
[ 18.159249] random: crng init done
[ 28.872776] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CPU DAI (null) not registered - will retry
[ 28.883602] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 29.046190] wm8804 1-003b: revision E
[ 29.047064] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 29.182117] rtl8192cu driver version=v4.0.2_9000.20130911
[ 29.182322]
[ 29.182322] usb_endpoint_descriptor(0):

proof of overlay file:
tc@piCorePlayer320B5-1G:~$ ls -l /mnt/mmcblk0p1/overlays/rpi-cirrus-wm5102.dtbo
-rwxrwxrwx 1 tc staff 3406 Apr 2 15:50 /mnt/mmcblk0p1/overlays/rpi-cirrus-wm5102.dtbo

paul-
2017-04-17, 11:07
Definitely seems like the card wants something else. Do you have the card working on a different system?

Getting a module list from a working and then the pCP system would help (lsmod)

M-H
2017-04-17, 11:37
Definitely seems like the card wants something else. Do you have the card working on a different system?
Getting a module list from a working and then the pCP system would help (lsmod)

No I do not have a working setup anymore, but I will get a copy of raspbian and see if can make it work, to compare it against.

The pcp320B7 setup a has the same results, as posted above from pcp320B5

And noteworthy : The green led on the clac dims during the boot , but also trurns back on.
If I remember correctly , the led needs to dim from the correct driver installation.
However it is a long time ago...

MH

paul-
2017-04-17, 13:56
No I do not have a working setup anymore, but I will get a copy of raspbian and see if can make it work, to compare it against.

The pcp320B7 setup a has the same results, as posted above from pcp320B5

And noteworthy : The green led on the clac dims during the boot , but also trurns back on.
If I remember correctly , the led needs to dim from the correct driver installation.
However it is a long time ago...

MH

Just make sure you are using stock raspbian. In the past the Wolfson support was a out of tree driver, the support has only recently been added to the rpi kernel. Let us know what you can..... Also, which card are you using, the old Wolfson card, or the element 14 cirrus logic replacement one? https://www.adafruit.com/product/1761

M-H
2017-04-17, 16:52
Just make sure you are using stock raspbian. In the past the Wolfson support was a out of tree driver, the support has only recently been added to the rpi kernel. Let us know what you can..... Also, which card are you using, the old Wolfson card, or the element 14 cirrus logic replacement one? https://www.adafruit.com/product/1761

Indeed, stock Raspbian installed , updated upgraded to
Linux raspberrypi-jessie-test-clac 4.9.22+ #987 Fri Apr 14 23:13:48 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

overlay set and tweaked the alsa card enumeration to give the Cirrus Logic Audio Card to be 0:

pi@raspberrypi-jessie-test-clac:~ $ aplay -l
card 0: RPiCirrus [RPi-Cirrus], device 0: WM5102 AiFi wm5102-aif1-0 []
card 1: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
card 1: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]

For clarity, I am using the newer Cirrus Logic Audio Card of element 14 , directly compatible with the Raspberry pi Bplus running Raspbian Jessie.

Sound from aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav
is audible through the headset output,
And the green CLAC led is indeed switched of after driver load , like the old days .

The requested lsmod :

pi@raspberrypi-jessie-test-clac:~ $ lsmod
Module Size Used by
snd_soc_wm5102 373091 1
snd_soc_wm_adsp 31617 1 snd_soc_wm5102
arizona_micsupp 3417 1
snd_soc_arizona 38962 1 snd_soc_wm5102
gpio_arizona 2277 0
snd_soc_wm8804_i2c 1986 1
snd_soc_wm8804 9720 1 snd_soc_wm8804_i2c
arizona_spi 1971 0
arizona_ldo1 3784 1
8192cu 597868 0
cfg80211 525710 1 8192cu
rfkill 21373 2 cfg80211
snd_soc_rpi_cirrus 13872 0
snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s 6283 2
regmap_mmio 3977 1 snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s
snd_soc_core 175744 7 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_soc_wm5102,a rizona_micsupp,snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s,snd_soc_arizona ,snd_soc_wm_adsp
snd_compress 10144 2 snd_soc_core,snd_soc_wm_adsp
snd_bcm2835 23131 0
snd_pcm_dmaengine 6002 1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm 96519 6 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_pcm_dmaengin e,snd_soc_arizona,snd_bcm2835,snd_soc_core
snd_timer 22674 1 snd_pcm
i2c_bcm2835 6369 0
snd 68784 6 snd_compress,snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_timer,snd_bcm2 835,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm
spi_bcm2835 7424 0
uio_pdrv_genirq 3718 0
fixed 3029 11
uio 10166 1 uio_pdrv_genirq
evdev 11746 2
i2c_dev 6642 0
ipv6 381986 24

I will setup a second set with pcp320B7 and the same CLAC on a Bplus , to do a bit efficient side by side comparisons.
Please let me know what info you would like to see to crack the last bits for this soundcard to star in PCP.
I appreciate the help paul- !

For now, .. I need my sleep cycles too, or in other words: going in low powermode for a few hours.
Regards MH

paul-
2017-04-17, 17:18
that helps, there is a ton of Arizona modules. I wonder if I need the mic input stuff too just to play sound.

Let me dig into this

petar
2017-04-18, 13:41

Then reboot
Then ssh into pCP again.
aplay -l
squeezelite -l

Hi there,

On piCorePlayer 3.20 beta 7, I got this (i.e. Wolfson card did not load):

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ aplay -l
Subdevices: 7/8

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ squeezelite -l
Output devices:

I then installed the latest Raspbian Jessie Lite and ran 'rpi-update' to get the latest kernel 4.9x. In this case, the Wolfson car did actually load:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ aplay -l
card 1: RPiCirrus [RPi-Cirrus], device 0: WM5102 AiFi wm5102-aif1-0 []

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ squeezelite -l
Output devices:
default:CARD=ALSA - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device
dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Hardware device with all software conversions
default:CARD=RPiCirrus - RPi-Cirrus, - Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=RPiCirrus - RPi-Cirrus, - Default Audio Device
dmix:CARD=RPiCirrus,DEV=0 - RPi-Cirrus, - Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=RPiCirrus,DEV=0 - RPi-Cirrus, - Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=RPiCirrus,DEV=0 - RPi-Cirrus, - Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=RPiCirrus,DEV=0 - RPi-Cirrus, - Hardware device with all software conversions

BTW, I have this Wolfson card from element14:

http://au.element14.com/wolfson-microelectronics/wolfson-audio-card/audio-card-for-use-with-raspberry/dp/2347264?CMP=i-55c5-00001621

Cheers,
Pete

petar
2017-04-18, 13:49
BTW, to get the card working on Jessie Lite, I followed the below steps from http://www.horus.com/~hias/cirrus-driver.html

Configuration for kernel 4.9

Enable the driver

Add the following line to /boot/config.txt to enable the Cirrus Logic card driver

dtoverlay=rpi-cirrus-wm5102

Note: MMAP support is already enabled by default in kernel 4.9, you no longer need to add the i2s-mmap overlay.

Setup module dependencies

The cirrus driver requires some manually defined module dependencies, if you fail to add them the driver won't load properly.

Create a file /etc/modprobe.d/cirrus.conf with the following content:

softdep arizona-spi pre: arizona-ldo1

M-H
2017-04-18, 16:35
Hi team,

Perhaps noted with you, but not on the forum:

Wifi chipset MT7601U ( mediatek ) was not working OK in Beta5
I did an insitu upgrade , on my small 128 MB tf card, and it succeeded. ( resulted in PCP 3.20 B7 )
After that upgrade the MT7601U wifi dongle worked.

So a pi Zero, with a 128MB TF card and a 1Euro98 Wifi dongle give us a working PCP setup. Congratulations !
( I know no dac, no standard analogue, but free HDMI )

Regards M-H

htctyo
2017-04-18, 19:34
3.2beta7
cannot connect Wifi
My devvice is RiP3b

M-H
2017-04-19, 01:25
3.2beta7
cannot connect Wifi
My devvice is RiP3b

Hi htctyo , I hope you had a typo ( RIP3b vs RPi3b ) else the cause is known.

Some constructive feedback : My pi-zero with Original raspberry pi foundation WiFi Dongle is working , and to my knowledge it is the same chipset, but connected differently to the system.

[ 2.334522] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0a5c, idProduct=bd1e
[ 2.334564] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 2.334577] usb 1-1: Product: Remote Download Wireless Adapter
[ 2.334586] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Broadcom
[ 2.334595] usb 1-1: SerialNumber: 000000000001

However, it is not 100% stable, and more testing is needed to decide if it is an issue at my end ( power / other NW issue's )
I have started it with a power-supply that should be OK, a music stream over WIFI and an almost flood-ping ( 10 per second ) to see network loss in the next hours.
If needed I can repeat the tests with a Pi3B and on-board wifi, bit it will be troublesome as I need to unscrew it from its aluminium enclosure for a valid test. I hope others can verify the Pi3B

MH

Edit:
Each 95/98 seconds there is a small outage, consistent over an hour or so, Verify test same setup but different dongle shows it is the Broadcom that is causing issues.
Also 1 period of 98 seconds the whole set was unreachable on the network, but automagically came back.
Pingplotter files on request .

M-H
2017-04-19, 02:04
Not important to most, but a fault situation that is not handled in the script?

If the free storage size is known to be insufficient, we'd better stop the downloads, and go to cleanup.

Noted output :
[ INFO ] You are downloading piCorePlayer3.20beta7
[ INFO ] You are currently using piCorePlayer3.20beta5
[ INFO ] Boot partition size required: 25500. Boot partition size is: 32768
[ INFO ] PCP_DL=http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/tcz_repo/8.x/armv7/tcz
[ ERROR ] Free space: 0k - Required space: 18072k
[ ERROR ] Not enough free space - try expanding your partition.
[ INFO ] Downloading new kernel modules: alsa-modules filesystems irda net-usb raid-dm touchscreen wireless
[ ERROR] There was a error downloading alsa-modules-4.9.21-pcpCore_v7.tcz
[ INFO ] Retrying extension alsa-modules-4.9.21-pcpCore_v7.tcz........in 5 seconds.
etc...

Regards MH

paul-
2017-04-19, 03:55
Not important to most, but a fault situation that is not handled in the script?

If the free storage size is known to be insufficient, we'd better stop the downloads, and go to cleanup.

Noted output :
[ INFO ] You are downloading piCorePlayer3.20beta7
[ INFO ] You are currently using piCorePlayer3.20beta5
[ INFO ] Boot partition size required: 25500. Boot partition size is: 32768
[ INFO ] PCP_DL=http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/tcz_repo/8.x/armv7/tcz
[ ERROR ] Free space: 0k - Required space: 18072k
[ ERROR ] Not enough free space - try expanding your partition.
[ INFO ] Downloading new kernel modules: alsa-modules filesystems irda net-usb raid-dm touchscreen wireless
[ ERROR] There was a error downloading alsa-modules-4.9.21-pcpCore_v7.tcz
[ INFO ] Retrying extension alsa-modules-4.9.21-pcpCore_v7.tcz........in 5 seconds.
etc...

Regards MH

thanks for reporting

paul-
2017-04-19, 16:57
M-H

I've added the missing modules. On your system running 3.20 beta 7 (Regular pcpCore only), Do this update.

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo vi /etc/modprobe.conf

Add a the following line

Then save.

tc@piCorePlayer:~tc@piCorePlayer:~$ pcp bu
[ INFO ] Backing up files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/mydata.tgz/
Done.
[ OK ] Backup successful.
tc@piCorePlayer:~$ pcp-update alsa-modules-KERNEL
rm: can't remove '/tmp/newdep.lst': No such file or directory
[ INFO ] Checking for Updates

[ INFO ] Checking: alsa-modules-4.9.21-pcpCore_v7.tcz Update Required.
[ INFO ] Done checking for updates

[ INFO ] Reboot is required to complete update.
tc@piCorePlayer:~$ pcp rb

If you don't like to use vi, you can download nano.
tce-load -wi nano.tcz

And don't worry about that error message about /tmp/newdep.lst.

Then go back to Steen's request to see if the card is loaded.

htctyo
2017-04-19, 18:28
My device is Rip3b , I use 3.2beta7 with internal Wifi but fail.
Cannot scan any SSID . But use 3.11 is fine Wifi is OK

paul-
2017-04-19, 18:46
My device is Rip3b , I use 3.2beta7 with internal Wifi but fail.
Cannot scan any SSID . But use 3.11 is fine Wifi is OK

Please supply complete hardware configuration and wifi debug information.

dhull
2017-04-19, 21:37
After creating a share of a NTFS USB flash drive, no access to that share from Windows machine though I can see the share. The username/password is rejected with a note about lacking permissions.

The config info follows:

[global]
netbios name = PICORE
workgroup = HULL
log file = /var/log/%m.log
max log size = 1000
local master = no
security = user
map to guest = bad user
dns proxy = no
load printers = no
[Music]
path = /mnt/128GB_NTFS
create mask = 0777
browseable = yes
writeable = yes

The log contains lines similar to this:
../source3/smbd/server.c:825(smbd_open_one_socket)
... open _socket_in: Address family not supported by protocol

Testing done on rpi3

Update: After adding a samba user manually, the share issue is fixed.
There are still some startup issues, however. The network mount fails leaving both squeezelite and LMS not running. I started them manually and was able to copy files to the LMS music folder over the network, index them and play the music via squeezelite.

I appreciate the work done on samba and LMS (and of course squeezelite). This is really a great combination on an rpi3. I hope exFAT file system support will be added at some point.

petar
2017-04-20, 02:29
M-H

I've added the missing modules. On your system running 3.20 beta 7 (Regular pcpCore only), Do this update.

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo vi /etc/modprobe.conf

Add a the following line

Then save.

tc@piCorePlayer:~tc@piCorePlayer:~$ pcp bu
[ INFO ] Backing up files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/mydata.tgz/
Done.
[ OK ] Backup successful.
tc@piCorePlayer:~$ pcp-update alsa-modules-KERNEL
rm: can't remove '/tmp/newdep.lst': No such file or directory
[ INFO ] Checking for Updates

[ INFO ] Checking: alsa-modules-4.9.21-pcpCore_v7.tcz Update Required.
[ INFO ] Done checking for updates

[ INFO ] Reboot is required to complete update.
tc@piCorePlayer:~$ pcp rb

If you don't like to use vi, you can download nano.
tce-load -wi nano.tcz

And don't worry about that error message about /tmp/newdep.lst.

Then go back to Steen's request to see if the card is loaded.

Hi again,

I tried this, and after the reboot, there was still no Wolfson card showing (using aplay -l to list the devices).

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,
Pete

paul-
2017-04-20, 03:27
Hi again,

I tried this, and after the reboot, there was still no Wolfson card showing (using aplay -l to list the devices).

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,
Pete

Can you give me the output of lsmod, and look at dmesg to see what is logged related to the card.

M-H
2017-04-20, 04:31
Can you give me the output of lsmod, and look at dmesg to see what is logged related to the card.

Hi paul-

I am in the same situation as petar:

Aplay -l and squeezelite -l do not show the cirrus driver/card entries like raspbian jessie does
Here some exact data:

tc@piCorePlayer320B7-1G:~$ lsmod
cfg80211 525710 0
rfkill 21373 2 cfg80211
arizona_ldo1 3784 0
8192cu 665389 0
snd_soc_wm8804_i2c 1986 0
snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s 6283 0
arizona_spi 1971 0
snd_soc_core 175744 3 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_soc_bcm2835_ i2s
snd_bcm2835 23131 1
snd_pcm 96519 6 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_soc_core,snd _bcm2835,snd_pcm_dmaengine
snd_compress 10144 1 snd_soc_core
snd 68784 7 snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_soc_core,snd_bcm2835,snd_pc m,snd_timer,snd_compress
fixed 3029 2
squashfs 32058 58
lz4 1667 1
lz4_compress 3289 1 lz4
zram 20493 1
zsmalloc 16298 1 zram
i2c_bcm2835 6369 0
spi_bcm2835 7424 0
bcm2835_gpiomem 3791 0
uio_pdrv_genirq 3718 0

and:

tc@piCorePlayer320B7-1G:~$ dmesg | egrep 'cirrus|arizona'
[ 27.366871] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 27.366905] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 27.367582] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 27.466139] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 27.466173] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 27.466818] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 27.489199] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 27.489229] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 27.489917] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 27.508169] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 27.556914] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 27.556948] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 27.557646] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 27.558509] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 29.559831] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 29.559861] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 29.560525] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 29.561560] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry

tc@piCorePlayer320B7-1G:~$ cat /etc/modprobe.conf
# /etc/modprobe.conf: Modprobe config file.
options 8192cu rtw_power_mgnt=0 rtw_enusbss=0

according to the driver creator 'hias' :

If you're not using the default kernel config (make bcm2709_defconfig)
you have to enable the following options to get the card working:

CONFIG_REGULATOR=y
CONFIG_REGULATOR_FIXED_VOLTAGE=m
CONFIG_REGULATOR_ARIZONA=m
CONFIG_SND_COMPRESS_OFFLOAD=m
CONFIG_SND_SOC_COMPRESS=y
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_RPI_CIRRUS=m
CONFIG_SND_SOC_ARIZONA=m
CONFIG_SND_SOC_WM_ADSP=m
CONFIG_SND_SOC_WM5102=m
CONFIG_SND_SOC_WM8804_I2C=m

That should be all you need kernel-config wise so that you can
use dtoverlay=rpi-cirrus-wm5102 in config.txt

BTW: building this stuff into the kernel (=y instead of =m) should
work too.

As I never successfully compiled a kernel, I am not sure what to do with these setting,They look like compile options that have to be done at compile time. And as the kernel is already built, we can only hope and check these are done.?
Regards MH

petar
2017-04-20, 05:10
Below is the output from my Pi. BTW, it's a Model B Rev 2.

I cannot see any reference to 'arizona' in the output, even though I made the relevant changes to /etc/modprobe.conf.

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ dmesg
[ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
[ 0.000000] Linux version 4.9.21-pcpAudioCore (paul@NUC-Devel) (gcc version 4.9.3 (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.22.0-88-g8460611) ) #1 PREEMPT Thu Apr 13 23:14:40 EDT 2017
[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv6-compatible processor [410fb767] revision 7 (ARMv7), cr=00c5387d
[ 0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing instruction cache
[ 0.000000] OF: fdt:Machine model: Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2
.................................................. .......................
[ 2.774255] smsc95xx v1.0.5
[ 2.838299] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: register 'smsc95xx' at usb-20980000.usb-1.1, smsc95xx USB 2.0 Ethernet, b8:27:eb:45:b1:6c
[ 4.547662] gpiomem-bcm2835 20200000.gpiomem: Initialised: Registers at 0x20200000
[ 6.060764] zram: Added device: zram0
[ 6.184853] zram0: detected capacity change from 0 to 106795008
[ 6.221687] Adding 104288k swap on /dev/zram0. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:104288k SSFS
[ 7.026522] squashfs: version 4.0 (2009/01/31) Phillip Lougher
[ 8.487175] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[ 8.654987] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[ 16.672336] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CPU DAI (null) not registered - will retry
[ 16.689206] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 16.704034] wm8804 1-003b: revision E
[ 16.708318] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 18.203941] random: crng init done
[ 18.352994] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: hardware isn't capable of remote wakeup
[ 18.816443] FAT-fs (mmcblk0p1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.
[ 20.008226] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xC5E1
[ 164.389170] FAT-fs (mmcblk0p1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ lsmod
snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s 6315 0
snd_soc_core 176864 3 snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s,snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_soc_wm8 804
snd_bcm2835 23131 1
snd_pcm 96591 7 snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s,snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_soc_wm8 804,snd_soc_core,snd_bcm2835,snd_pcm_dmaengine
snd_timer 24402 1 snd_pcm
snd 69893 7 snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_soc_core,snd_bcm2835,snd_pc m,snd_compress,snd_timer
fixed 3029 2
squashfs 33131 25
lz4 1667 1
lz4_compress 3289 1 lz4
zram 21325 1
zsmalloc 18305 1 zram
i2c_bcm2835 6369 0
spi_bcm2835 7424 0
bcm2835_gpiomem 3791 0
uio_pdrv_genirq 3846 0

paul-
2017-04-20, 14:21
There does appear to be a timing issue when the drivers are loaded, vs when the modprobe.conf file is updated at boot time. I'm really not sure where to go here without hardware in my hands to work out the bugs.

Wirrunna
2017-04-20, 15:44
This is posted for insitu_upgrade. Or burn a new image (https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/beta/piCorePlayer3.20beta7/).

Kernel updated to 4.9.21

Paul, your FYI intrigued me, I admit to not noticing that option until reading your post, so I followed your link and read through it and it appeared to say that at 192kHz the clock will stop if tvservice is turned off. As all my music is 16bit 44.1 and I have just left the DAC parameters standard, I tried turning off the HDMI port to reduce power draw. Music still plays and the Harry Potter lightning bolt hasn't appeared since I tried this.
RPi 2B, Kali reclocker, I2S generic DAC on 2 pCps and a MamboBerry I2S DAC.

Greg Erskine
2017-04-20, 15:53
..... I tried turning off the HDMI port to reduce power draw.....

Did you notice improved sound quality? :confused:

We often add options on a whim and don't mention them.... We need a Marketing Department! :D

petar
2017-04-21, 00:27
Silly me. I was using the audio version of piCorePlayer. I have since installed the standard version.

I added 'dtoverlay=rpi-cirrus-wm5102' to /mnt/mmcblk0p1/config.txt, and also added 'softdep arizona-spi pre: arizona-ldo1' to /etc/modprobe.conf.

Below is the relevant output from dmesg:

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ dmesg
[ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
[ 0.000000] Linux version 4.9.21-pcpCore (paul@NUC-Devel) (gcc version 4.9.3 (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.22.0-88-g8460611) ) #1 Thu Apr 13 19:26:09 EDT 2017
[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv6-compatible processor [410fb767] revision 7 (ARMv7), cr=00c5387d
[ 0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing instruction cache
[ 0.000000] OF: fdt:Machine model: Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2
[ 0.000000] cma: Reserved 8 MiB at 0x1b000000
[ 0.000000] Memory policy: Data cache writeback
[ 0.000000] On node 0 totalpages: 114688
[ 7.407997] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[ 7.538731] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[ 13.921997] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 13.922024] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 13.922585] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 13.932093] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 13.932119] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 13.932617] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 13.977538] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 13.977569] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 13.978074] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 14.043902] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 14.043932] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 14.044481] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 14.049852] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 14.135641] wm8804 1-003b: revision E
[ 14.137938] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 14.137965] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 14.138513] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 14.139220] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 15.951479] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: hardware isn't capable of remote wakeup
[ 17.603477] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xC5E1
[ 24.361337] random: crng init done

And here is the output from lsmod. I can see the arizona and cirrus modules in there.

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ lsmod -l
arizona_ldo1 3784 0
snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s 6283 0
snd_bcm2835 23131 1
arizona_spi 1971 0
snd_soc_core 175744 3 snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_bcm2835_ i2s
snd_pcm 96519 6 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_bcm2835,snd_ soc_core,snd_pcm_dmaengine
snd 68784 7 snd_soc_rpi_cirrus,snd_bcm2835,snd_soc_core,snd_pc m,snd_compress,snd_timer
fixed 3029 2
squashfs 32058 22
lz4 1667 1
lz4_compress 3289 1 lz4
zram 20493 1
zsmalloc 16298 1 zram
i2c_bcm2835 6369 0
spi_bcm2835 7424 0
bcm2835_gpiomem 3791 0
uio_pdrv_genirq 3718 0

Too bad ALSA does not see the Wolfson card.

If you have any further ideas on what else I could try, feel free to suggest.

Thanks!
Petar

methers
2017-04-21, 01:24
First post! Be gentle…

I've hit problems that I can't solve on my own despite some tinkering and searching of previous threads, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I previously had LMS installed on my NAS, but now have it running on one of my PiCorePlayer boxes ("Kitchen") with my music files still stored on the NAS. This all works, except I can't play hi res audio files (96/24 ALAC) or listen to the 320kps Radio 3 stream. They look like they're playing according to the controller app (iPeng) but no sounds comes out. I have another PCP box ("Living Room") running an older version of PCP, and this will play the hi res files and the Radio 3 HD stream. I'm guessing there's something that needs tweaking on "Kitchen", but I can't figure out what it is. All connections are via wired ethernet.

Many thanks!

"Kitchen"
PiCorePlayer 3.20b7 normal version (also had the same problems with 3.10 audio-optimised version)
Squeezelite v1.8.6-945
FFMpeg libraries installed
RaspberryPi model 3B
HiFiBerry Amp+

"Living Room"
PiCorePlayer 2.05
Squeezelite v1.8.3-712
RaspberryPi model B
HiFiBerry DAC+

Tex
2017-04-21, 14:18
but I suspect it's the sound card. You might check with the HiFiBerry folks just a quick look on their message board came up with this.

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000578365-Problems-after-upgrade-to-kernel-4-9

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115002296669-No-sound-at-48kHz

Greg Erskine
2017-04-21, 14:27
First post! Be gentle…

I've hit problems that I can't solve on my own despite some tinkering and searching of previous threads, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I previously had LMS installed on my NAS, but now have it running on one of my PiCorePlayer boxes ("Kitchen") with my music files still stored on the NAS. This all works, except I can't play hi res audio files (96/24 ALAC) or listen to the 320kps Radio 3 stream. They look like they're playing according to the controller app (iPeng) but no sounds comes out. I have another PCP box ("Living Room") running an older version of PCP, and this will play the hi res files and the Radio 3 HD stream. I'm guessing there's something that needs tweaking on "Kitchen", but I can't figure out what it is. All connections are via wired ethernet.

Many thanks!

"Kitchen"
PiCorePlayer 3.20b7 normal version (also had the same problems with 3.10 audio-optimised version)
Squeezelite v1.8.6-945
FFMpeg libraries installed
RaspberryPi model 3B
HiFiBerry Amp+

"Living Room"
PiCorePlayer 2.05
Squeezelite v1.8.3-712
RaspberryPi model B
HiFiBerry DAC+

hi methers,

Did you "Install FFMpeg libraries for Squeezelite"? It might help?

[Main Page] > [Install]

Install FFMpeg libraries for Squeezelite** less>
This will download and install FFMpeg Libraries from the pCP repository.
Note:
Internet access is required.
The 7MB FFMpeg library adds playback of ALAC and WMA.

We don't load this by default because of the size.

regards
Greg

methers
2017-04-22, 00:38
but I suspect it's the sound card. You might check with the HiFiBerry folks just a quick look on their message board came up with this.

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000578365-Problems-after-upgrade-to-kernel-4-9

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115002296669-No-sound-at-48kHz

Thank you! I can now see that the AMP+ only supports 44.1kHz and 48kHz sample rates.

The weird thing is that is used to work before. Perhaps the audio was being downsampled somewhere without me realising.

I suspect the solution is to bin the AMP+ and use a separate amp.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ralphy
2017-04-22, 03:55
Thank you! I can now see that the AMP+ only supports 44.1kHz and 48kHz sample rates.

The weird thing is that is used to work before. Perhaps the audio was being downsampled somewhere without me realising.

I suspect the solution is to bin the AMP+ and use a separate amp.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can have squeezelite resample streams that are not 44.1 or 48KHz.

Just add -u E to the Upsample setting field on the squeezelite settings tab in the webgui and restart squeezelite.

htctyo
2017-04-22, 22:23
now I am using rip3b connect usb DAC , my dac support dsd and 24/19200

I want to upsample only 16bit/ 44.1hz to 24bit/192hz . if dsd or high than 16/44.1 don't change
what command line I need to input in upsample -r 44.1
because I don't know how to set. thanks

paul-
2017-04-23, 07:17
We'll be starting a new thread for the release version. But for the Beta guys out there, the release version is available for insitu_update.

-Minor tweaks from the last beta.
-Reloading the reboot page should no longer reboot your pCP device again.
-You can now do an insitu_update and change from pcpCore to pcpAudioCore, and vise versa.

For the adventuresome 3.11 users reading this, If you do a hotfix (Near the bottom of the Main Page in Beta Mode), this will install a small fix that, that will allow you to do an insitu_update to 3.20. By my tests, if you are using a 3.11 image, when you install 3.20, you should have about 180k of disk space left on the boot partition. 99% Full. In my mind this is a bit risky, but I suppose if your card is not easily pulled, give this a try. Worse case you have to pull your card and reflash.

Eyerex
2017-04-23, 08:23
Hello is this the final build which is now on sourceforge https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/

paul-
2017-04-23, 10:10
Hello is this the final build which is now on sourceforge https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/

yes. Complete images are availiable on the sourceforge site.

psketch
2017-04-23, 13:15
We'll be starting a new thread for the release version. But for the Beta guys out there, the release version is available for insitu_update.

-You can now do an insitu_update and change from pcpCore to pcpAudioCore, and vise versa.

For the adventuresome 3.11 users reading this, If you do a hotfix (Near the bottom of the Main Page in Beta Mode), this will install a small fix that, that will allow you to do an insitu_update to 3.20. By my tests, if you are using a 3.11 image, when you install 3.20, you should have about 180k of disk space left on the boot partition. 99% Full. In my mind this is a bit risky, but I suppose if your card is not easily pulled, give this a try. Worse case you have to pull your card and reflash.

Well, it seems to work ok. I just updated one of mine (the one that's hardest to get at), and it seems to have updated without any problems after installing the hotfix. It gave me ....

[ OK ] Successfully downloaded tce files.
[ OK ] Free space: 16472k - Required space: 12000k

after downloading before starting the install.

dhull
2017-04-23, 14:29

In the last beta Samba network share still won't work unless a Samba user is added manually. In addition, the new Samba user goes away when the system is restarted. I found that I could fix this by adding /usr/local/var/lib/samba/private/passdb.tdb to /opt/.filetool.lst.

Ignore if this was fixed for the 3.20 release.

paul-
2017-04-23, 14:43
In the last beta Samba network share still won't work unless a Samba user is added manually. In addition, the new Samba user goes away when the system is restarted. I found that I could fix this by adding /usr/local/var/lib/samba/private/passdb.tdb to /opt/.filetool.lst.

Ignore if this was fixed for the 3.20 release.

Nothing was changed with samba in 3.20 from 3.11. You have always had to set the password from the web interface...... this adds a user and password.

usr/local/var/lib/samba is already added to the backup set. That takes care of everything recursively below.

dhull
2017-04-23, 16:18
Nothing was changed with samba in 3.20 from 3.11. You have always had to set the password from the web interface...... this adds a user and password.

usr/local/var/lib/samba is already added to the backup set. That takes care of everything recursively below.

I'll test this again with 3.20 release, but it did not work for me in the Beta.

mjock3
2017-04-23, 18:42
Thanks guys, another donation made. I am pretty pumped to be able to hear my Allo Boss. :o

Wirrunna
2017-04-24, 03:13
I just did in-situ updates to all 3 of my pCp players. I tried updating to the "audio" on one and while it updated, the Ratlink wifi wouldn't work, so I connected an ethernet cable and updated again - but this time to standard pCp. Working now.

RPi 2B, Kali reclocker, I2S generic DAC on 2 pCps and a MamboBerry I2S DAC.

Eyerex
2017-04-24, 06:55
For some strange reason i can never get the WiFi working on the 3.20 beta's or final using the Pi3 WiFi all i get is
Scanning......

No wifi devices found!

Possible error:

Setup
Pi3
piCorePlayer 3.20 Audio
KOPPLA 3 USB power supply
Raspberry Pi 7" touchscreen
HiFi Berry DAC+ plus have also used a Meridian Explorer 2 DAC

WiFi works fine when using a BiPAC 3011N dongle
:confused:

Just tried the normal version of 3.20 which works fine as did the Audio optimized version of pCP3.11

paul-
2017-04-24, 09:18
For some strange reason i can never get the WiFi working on the 3.20 beta's or final using the Pi3 WiFi all i get is
Scanning......

No wifi devices found!

Possible error:

Setup
Pi3
piCorePlayer 3.20 Audio
KOPPLA 3 USB power supply
Raspberry Pi 7" touchscreen
HiFi Berry DAC+ plus have also used a Meridian Explorer 2 DAC

WiFi works fine when using a BiPAC 3011N dongle
:confused:

Just tried the normal version of 3.20 which works fine as did the Audio optimized version of pCP3.11

Works fine here, If I had to guess, there is a channel conflict on your router. Try changing your channel.

psketch
2017-04-24, 09:21
I updated my 4 players and my LMS now to 3.20 with no problems after running the hotfix - all seems to have gone fine. One very minor thing - the output settings for the USB cards seem to get lost in the upgrade - in the UI at least. Just needed to go into the UI and reselect the correct output settings.

Wirrunna
2017-04-24, 17:50
Works fine here, If I had to guess, there is a channel conflict on your router. Try changing your channel.

pCP Team, WiFi dongle issues are a recurring theme with new releases, probably because of the vast number of dongles available.
Listing a "preferred " hardware set is probably not a good call as other projects found out in the past, but there is already a very handy table of WiFi Dongles - https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/wifi-dongles .

May I suggest / request that the pCP team update this for new releases with the dongles that work? Then when a report of wifi not working is made a standard reply could be "Refer to https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/wifi-dongles for WiFi dongles that have been proved to work with the new release. Other dongles will be added in the fullness of time."

paul-
2017-04-24, 19:47
pCP Team, WiFi dongle issues are a recurring theme with new releases, probably because of the vast number of dongles available.
Listing a "preferred " hardware set is probably not a good call as other projects found out in the past, but there is already a very handy table of WiFi Dongles - https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/wifi-dongles .

May I suggest / request that the pCP team update this for new releases with the dongles that work? Then when a report of wifi not working is made a standard reply could be "Refer to https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/wifi-dongles for WiFi dongles that have been proved to work with the new release. Other dongles will be added in the fullness of time."

Point taken on updating documentation, but in most cases we can only rely on information we receive from the community, as we have very limited hardware to test. Anyone can make submissions to that list.

But I don't follow the second part of you suggestion. What good does referring someone to a wifi list, when they are trying to make something work? I don't think there is any such thing as "proved to work" when it comes to wifi and linux.

huxmut
2017-04-24, 20:46
is it possible to implement a "phone home" in the beta, and have it dump
pCP version
Pi type
dac/audio out
wifi type/model
wifi sig strength
etc
etc

user may be prompted to add a few comments. 100 char max or something
eg. slow to boot. playing everything except BBC iplayer

it might be a way to build a picture of whats out there. percentages etc.
whatever suits you guys. just a thought.
:)

Wirrunna
2017-04-24, 21:20
What good does referring someone to a wifi list, when they are trying to make something work? I don't think there is any such thing as "proved to work" when it comes to wifi and linux.

The point is that if someone really wants to make a pCPlayer wifi then there is a list of dongles that work with 3.20 basic and audio, so their options are to provide diag details and wait for a fix, obtain a dongle that is listed as working or revert to a version that worked with their dongle. Net result is it eases pressure on the pCP team.

In my case, the Ratlink 5370 HiFi Berry dongles that I have had since my first pCPlayer have more than payed for themselves and If I knew which dongle works with 3.20 audio I would buy one of those. In the meantime I can run 3.20 standard or revert to 3.11 Audio as those versions run with the Ratlink 5370 dongle.

paul-
2017-04-25, 05:51
Wifi drivers are for the most part controlled by the upstream kernel, there are a few exceptions. I've seen many drivers break due to upstream changes. The rtl8192cu driver is one that has been a nightmare. With that driver, we decided to follow what OSMC does and revert to an older 8192cu driver. But between the two versions of the pCP kernel, they both use the same source with the few exceptions on the sound side of the Audiokernel. I have seen wifi issues with more than one chipset on the Audio Kernel. Which is why wifi is not recommended with the AudioVersion

Which benefit of the audio kernel are you wanting to run on that one system?

M-H
2017-04-25, 13:10
There does appear to be a timing issue when the drivers are loaded, vs when the modprobe.conf file is updated at boot time. I'm really not sure where to go here without hardware in my hands to work out the bugs.

Hi Paul, Indeed finding the bug is difficult without direct control for you.

But , there is a breakthrough, I just got the card drivers to load for the first time .
And based on that start a second squeezelite manually :

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n piCorePlayer-test2 -o hw:CARD=RPiCirrus
And that instance works, first song played through that was Breakthough - Queen !

I suppose there is a timing issue and or wifi module interference.
I started the pi again to verify configurations and new physical output connections.
And with that I forgot to put in the wifi dongle in in time.
Resulting in a remote unreachable system , but with the red led remained dimmed ( off ) !
Local console confirmed:

tc@piCorePlayer320B7-1G:~$ aplay -l
card 1: RPiCirrus [RPi-Cirrus], device 0: WM5102 AiFi wm5102-aif1-0 []
Subdevices: 0/1
tc@piCorePlayer320B7-1G:~$ squeezelite -l
Output devices:
sysdefault:CARD=RPiCirrus - RPi-Cirrus, - Default Audio Device

tc@piCorePlayer320B7-1G:~$

The odd thing , timing I presume, is seen from the dmesg output :

tc@piCorePlayer320B7-1G:~$ dmesg | egrep 'irrus|rizona'
[ 27.922830] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 27.922865] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 27.923545] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 27.973145] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 27.973181] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 27.973837] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 28.075234] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 28.075265] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 28.075911] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 28.124213] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CPU DAI (null) not registered - will retry
[ 28.146586] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 28.146617] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 28.147281] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 28.148120] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 28.163828] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 28.163862] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 28.164474] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 28.165272] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 36.382747] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 36.382779] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 36.383478] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 36.384509] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 36.936465] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 36.936499] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 36.937142] arizona spi0.1: Failed to request DCVDD: -517
[ 36.938017] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 99.623128] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk1: -2
[ 99.623160] arizona spi0.1: Failed to get mclk2: -2
[ 99.623757] LDO1: supplied by RPi-Cirrus 1v8
[ 99.638617] arizona spi0.1: WM5102 revision C
[ 99.672548] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 100.068523] MICVDD: supplied by RPi-Cirrus 1v8
[ 100.069650] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 100.080807] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm5102-aif1 not registered - will retry
[ 100.540990] snd-rpi-cirrus soc:sound: wm5102-aif1 <-> 20203000.i2s mapping ok
[ 2374.853109] arizona spi0.1: ASRC underclocked
[ 2817.778150] arizona spi0.1: ASRC underclocked

For timing forensics , I am running this on a pi Bplus, and applied utp after the boot and first checks , and let /sbin/udhcpc do it work later.
I grabbed the full dmesg output in case it is needed.

Petar if you are reading this , please see if this helps debuging with your set too.
Do not forget to run the 'usecase' scripts from hias, see: http://www.horus.com/~hias/cirrus-driver.html.

I will be posting more on my findings , with the hope Cirrus support can be incorporated in PCP scripts and menu choices.
Perhaps wise to start a new thread, as pcp320beta has ended too.
Regards M-H

dhull
2017-04-25, 14:38

Paul,

I've tested installing Samba by installing it at the end of a clean install from scratch. I have convinced myself that the Set Samba dialog with Samba running and a new password in the field does NOT create a Samba user. Invoking the command "sudo pdbedit -L" returns nothing, and looking for the password database manually fails as well.

Following up with "sudo smbpasswd -a tc", and then following up with pdbedit -L shows a user has been created and the Samba Share then works. This is a very minor thing but frustrating for a new user. Thanks for considering looking into this for a fix or next release.

paul-
2017-04-25, 17:08
Paul,

I've tested installing Samba by installing it at the end of a clean install from scratch. I have convinced myself that the Set Samba dialog with Samba running and a new password in the field does NOT create a Samba user. Invoking the command "sudo pdbedit -L" returns nothing, and looking for the password database manually fails as well.

Following up with "sudo smbpasswd -a tc", and then following up with pdbedit -L shows a user has been created and the Samba Share then works. This is a very minor thing but frustrating for a new user. Thanks for considering looking into this for a fix or next release.

Not sure how you are doing this, but here is what I did

Fresh Image
- Expand SD Card
- Install extra file systems
- Setup USB Mount
- Install Samba
- Set Server Name, Workgroup, and Share
- Set Password

Samba Works. and if I ssh in

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo pdbedit -L
tc:1001:Linux User
tc@piCorePlayer:~$

dhull
2017-04-26, 12:31
Not sure how you are doing this, but here is what I did

Fresh Image
- Expand SD Card
- Install extra file systems
- Setup USB Mount
- Install Samba
- Set Server Name, Workgroup, and Share
- Set Password

Samba Works. and if I ssh in

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo pdbedit -L
tc:1001:Linux User
tc@piCorePlayer:~$

From my notes, here is what I did. Sorry it's kind of long:
- Boot (no network cable)
- Setup Wifi
- Backup
- Reboot
- Set squeezelite settings HDMI
- Save (no reboot)
- Set name of player
- Save & Reboot
- Advanced Main Menu
- Resize FS
- Advanced LMS Page
- Install Additional File Systems
- Install LMS
- Set Mount point for USB Drive
- Reboot
- Open LMS Web Page / Settings
- LMS Delete & Rescan Everything
- Play some music
- Beta LMS Page, Install Samba4
- Fill in Server Name, Work Group, Share Name, File Mode 0666
- Set Samba
- Go Back to previous page and fill in password
- Set Samba

At this point no share accessable on PC but the folder is visible

- sudo pdbedit -L returns nothing
- sudo smbpasswd -a tc

At this point the share on the PC is working

The file system on the USB flash card is NTFS if that matters.

paul-
2017-04-26, 19:18
Just to make sure you are pressing the right button.

dhull
2017-04-27, 18:35
Just to make sure you are pressing the right button.

I suppose it's possible I missed that step.

petar
2017-04-27, 22:49
Hi Paul, Indeed finding the bug is difficult without direct control for you.

For timing forensics , I am running this on a pi Bplus, and applied utp after the boot and first checks , and let /sbin/udhcpc do it work later.
I grabbed the full dmesg output in case it is needed.

Petar if you are reading this , please see if this helps debuging with your set too.
Do not forget to run the 'usecase' scripts from hias, see: http://www.horus.com/~hias/cirrus-driver.html.

I will be posting more on my findings , with the hope Cirrus support can be incorporated in PCP scripts and menu choices.
Perhaps wise to start a new thread, as pcp320beta has ended too.
Regards M-H

Hi M -H,

Great work on your persistence. I will try your suggestion and report back.

Thanks!

MrKettle
2017-04-28, 14:13
Just trying to set this up (vanilla version) on a Zero W into a Project Dac Box RS. The idea was to run into the USB input but I can't work out how to get it to work.

The output options look like this.

Squeezelite found these output devices:
null
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
sysdefault:CARD=P20
front:CARD=P20,DEV=0
surround21:CARD=P20,DEV=0
surround40:CARD=P20,DEV=0
surround41:CARD=P20,DEV=0
surround50:CARD=P20,DEV=0
surround51:CARD=P20,DEV=0
surround71:CARD=P20,DEV=0
iec958:CARD=P20,DEV=0

Any ideas?

Man in a van
2017-04-29, 03:09
Just trying to set this up (vanilla version) on a Zero W into a Project Dac Box RS. The idea was to run into the USB input but I can't work out how to get it to work.

The output options look like this.

Squeezelite found these output devices:

sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
sysdefault:CARD=P20
front:CARD=P20,DEV=0

Any ideas?

try any one from three, plus reboot

Ronnie

dhull
2017-04-29, 14:15
I have a rpi3 with 3.2 that includes IR support, LMS and Jivelite. I found that if I select Pandora, which I don't have an account on yet, that a Pandora page is displayed with a message telling me that I must be a subscriber. Unfortunately the remote (a standard Slim Devices remote) no longer has control. The left arrow via the remote does nothing. I can still use the mouse to escape the page. Without it, a reboot seems to be only way to get back control.

Once back on the "My Apps" page, the remote is working normally again.

Jeff07971
2017-04-29, 14:38
I have a rpi3 with 3.2 that includes IR support, LMS and Jivelite. I found that if I select Pandora, which I don't have an account on yet, that a Pandora page is displayed with a message telling me that I must be a subscriber. Unfortunately the remote (a standard Slim Devices remote) no longer has control. The left arrow via the remote does nothing. I can still use the mouse to escape the page. Without it, a reboot seems to be only way to get back control.

This is not a "Fault" as such its just that the standard remote does not have the correct button in order to exit.
This is not the only page to have the problem there are a few I found (cannot remember exactly what) you just have to be carefull.
I had a breif discussion with one of the devs (Ralphy I believe) about this but without another button on the remote there is not an easy way round.

Jeff

dhull
2017-04-29, 18:12
This is not a "Fault" as such its just that the standard remote does not have the correct button in order to exit.
This is not the only page to have the problem there are a few I found (cannot remember exactly what) you just have to be carefull.
I had a breif discussion with one of the devs (Ralphy I believe) about this but without another button on the remote there is not an easy way round.

Jeff

Is there a more appropriate remote that should be used?

marshalleq
2017-04-29, 19:36
Hi, I've been manually adding Roon (https://roonlabs.com/) to this release for a while because it's the smallest best little distro for RPi to do so in my opinion. However, it would undoubtedly be done better if it was just incorporated, which is what I am hoping may be considered for a future release.

Roon also has Squeezebox Support (with some limitations primarily around displays and automation) and can easily use piCore player as a target (which I'm also using), though Roon has some other features that Squeezebox doesn't have, in particular the more modern interface and higher quality end point transports.

Anyway, I thought I'd try my luck, in the mean time I'll just keep adding Roonbridge manually. :D

Thanks,

Marshalleq

mherger
2017-04-29, 21:26
Are you saying there are screens which can't be exited with the Left
button?!? What would they need on a real Touch?

--

Michael

Greg Erskine
2017-04-30, 00:40
Hi, I've been manually adding Roon (https://roonlabs.com/) to this release for a while because it's the smallest best little distro for RPi to do so in my opinion. However, it would undoubtedly be done better if it was just incorporated, which is what I am hoping may be considered for a future release.

Hi Marshalleq,

What do you actually do to manually add Roon to piCorePlayer?

piCorePlayer is essentially "squeezelite", so behave as a Sqeezebox.

regards
Greg

ralphy
2017-04-30, 05:30

With jivelite the sleep key is mapped to ESCape on the slim devices remote. Try that.

ralphy
2017-04-30, 05:37

Jeff

It was the enter key (go) (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103330-Jivelite-for-piCorePlayer&p=873277&viewfull=1#post873277) IIRC.

Corelli45
2017-04-30, 05:43
Hi,
I have a Pi 3 set up with LMS installed and a Raspberry Pi Screen. I have just set up Ickstream and Tidal but I have no artwork.What could be the problem?

dhull
2017-04-30, 05:58

--

Michael

The left button on the remote doesn't work but a mouse click with the cursor in the right place works.

Jeff07971
2017-04-30, 07:01
It was the enter key (go) (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103330-Jivelite-for-piCorePlayer&p=873277&viewfull=1#post873277) IIRC.

Yes I believe that was it

Michael

Yes I believe that there are some pages that do not work with the remote and not for the reason I discussed with Ralphy

If I find it again I'll let you know !

dhull
2017-04-30, 12:25
Yes I believe that was it

Yes I believe that there are some pages that do not work with the remote and not for the reason I discussed with Ralphy

If I find it again I'll let you know !

I found a work around for my situation. The original SB remote didn't have a home button, but since I usually use a Harmony Home remote I tried mapping "home" to an unassigned button. Pressing "home" redirected to the top screen.

CloudAtlas
2017-05-01, 02:48
Quick question: what is the difference between the 3.2 version of picoreplayer on the sourceforge website and the 3.2beta5 version on the google website. The implication is that the sourceforge version is later and the final released version. Is this the case?

Thanks.

Eyerex
2017-05-01, 02:59
Quick question: what is the difference between the 3.2 version of picoreplayer on the sourceforge website and the 3.2beta5 version on the google website. The implication is that the sourceforge version is later and the final released version. Is this the case?

Thanks.

Think they said these are the finals if you look in this folder https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/insitu/piCorePlayer3.20/

CloudAtlas
2017-05-01, 03:03
Think they said these are the finals if you look in this folder https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/insitu/piCorePlayer3.20/

OK, thanks - I'll give it a go.

M-H
2017-05-01, 05:03

Indeed it seems 3.20 is out.
I have tested 3.20B5 and B7 OKE without real issues . And I can only recall a few minor tweaks.
On 2 systems I have used the insitu upgrade to go to the final 3.20 version.
But it is not mentioned from this page: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home/download.

So paul- , is it time to announce the 3.20 as a stable release ?

mherger
2017-05-01, 05:04
>> Are you saying there are screens which can't be exited with the Left
>> button?!? What would they need on a real Touch?
>
> Yes I believe that there are some pages that do not work with the remote
> and not for the reason I discussed with Ralphy

I have to check the code whether we can change this behaviour from the
server side... Thanks for the heads up!

--

Michael

thessag
2017-05-01, 13:00
Anyway, I thought I'd try my luck, in the mean time I'll just keep adding Roonbridge manually. :D

Thanks,

Marshalleq

could you write a small howto for installing roon-bridge on pcp?

htctyo
2017-05-02, 08:00
I use 3.2 final in rpi3 but internal wifi is fail cannot scan any network
but 3.11 is ok

trakila
2017-05-29, 08:24
I use 3.2 final in rpi3 but internal wifi is fail cannot scan any network
but 3.11 is ok

Just upgraded from 3.10 audio to 3.20 audio on mi rPi3 and get the same error.

No wifi devices found!

Possible error:

huxmut
2017-05-29, 14:42
hey trakila
i dont think the audio versions support wifi ??

my pi3 doesnt like the higher channel numbers.
12-14 definately out. 6 is crowded but seems to be stable.
can you see any networks around you normally?

paul-
2017-05-29, 19:20
No the Audio version will not currently work with wifi.

Can we please lock this thread?