PDA

View Full Version : Help mounting a drive with PicorePlayer

usc95
2017-03-16, 13:13
I have asked this before but I still cannot for the life of me get my music to show up in Picoreplayer 3.11. I am trying to use either a 256 gb usb stick or a 3tb powered external drive but have had no luck. I have added the extension "util-linux.tcz" and I have also added additional file systems and the pcp can see my drive:

When I go into LMS the mounted drive shows but when I click on "music" it does not drill down and when I scan for my music no files are added:

Can someone please advise what I am doing wrong? I am a total linux noob so please feel free to talk to me like a child and hold my hand as needed. I have resorted to using my windows computer again but would rather not. Thanks for your help.

Jeff07971
2017-03-16, 13:42
I have asked this before but I still cannot for the life of me get my music to show up in Picoreplayer 3.11. I am trying to use either a 256 gb usb stick or a 3tb powered external drive but have had no luck. I have added the extension "util-linux.tcz" and I have also added additional file systems and the pcp can see my drive:

When I go into LMS the mounted drive shows but when I click on "music" it does not drill down and when I scan for my music no files are added:

Can someone please advise what I am doing wrong? I am a total linux noob so please feel free to talk to me like a child and hold my hand as needed. I have resorted to using my windows computer again but would rather not. Thanks for your help.

How are the drives formatted ?

usc95
2017-03-16, 13:54
They are formatted as exfat. What is the preferred format? I would need to also be able to use Windows or a Mac to load additional files so I would like a format that was writeable with one of those computers as well.

Jeff07971
2017-03-16, 13:58
They are formatted as exfat. What is the preferred format? I would need to also be able to use Windows or a Mac to load additional files so I would like a format that was writeable with one of those computers as well.

Well I don't think eXFAT is supported by Pcp.

I formatted mine as NTFS, I needed to load the extra files systems TCZ, and all worked fine.

I think that others advised using ext3 but this si not natively supported by windows, I'm not sure about Mac

Jeff

Jeff07971
2017-03-16, 13:59
If you set up SaMBa you can send files over the network allieviating the need to plug into either PC

usc95
2017-03-16, 14:05
i just stuck in an extra usb stick I had that was formatted as exfat and it was able to read it and I was able to see my files in LMS. I was very excited to finally see my files in pcp even though it wasn't the drive I plan on using. I guess it doesn't like my 256gb drive. Now that I know that pcp can read a drive I have decided to reformat the 256gb drive as NTFS and will try again. Hopefully it will work this time.

Jeff07971
2017-03-16, 14:07
i just stuck in an extra usb stick I had that was formatted as exfat and it was able to read it and I was able to see my files in LMS. I was very excited to finally see my files in pcp even though it wasn't the drive I plan on using. I guess it doesn't like my 256gb drive. Now that I know that pcp can read a drive I have decided to reformat the 256gb drive as NTFS and will try again. Hopefully it will work this time.

Don't forget to install the extra filesystems !

usc95
2017-03-16, 14:09
If you set up SaMBa you can send files over the network allieviating the need to plug into either PC

I will try to set up samba once I finally get a drive set up and working right.

usc95
2017-03-16, 14:11
Don't forget to install the extra filesystems !

I did already but it didn't help earlier. Hopefully the fresh format and using NTFS will solve my problems.

usc95
2017-03-17, 19:03
So after a nice long re-format and changing the file system to NTFS it appears to have worked! For the record, exFat is not a valid file system for usb sticks on picoreplayer. I am very glad to have this finally sorted out.