PDA

View Full Version : Spotify playlist length limited to 500 tracks?

TomAmes
2017-02-14, 09:36
I just noticed that my Spotify playlists are being truncated at a maximum of 500 tracks on LMS (most recent 7.9 nightly). I don't know when this started, but LMS used to play my complete Spotify playlists. Several weeks ago I disabled Triode's plug-in and replaced it with the Spotify Protocol Handler. I can keep adding Spoitfy playlists to LMS to total far more than 500 tracks, but I can not get a single playlist to play more than 500 tracks.

I have gone to mysqueezebox.com, disabled/re-enabled my Spotify account there and all looks normal for my three players (one Boom, 2 Classics) and controller. In Settings > Performance I changed the maximum playlist length from 5000 to various settings. I can shorten the maximum length of playlists but not increase it.

Is there something I am overlooking? Maybe uninstall/reinstall LMS? Do I need to commence chopping up my Spotify playlists into 500-track chunks?

And thanks to Michael and everyone else for keeping this eco-system alive and improving!

callesoroe
2017-02-16, 04:29
I just noticed that my Spotify playlists are being truncated at a maximum of 500 tracks on LMS (most recent 7.9 nightly). I don't know when this started, but LMS used to play my complete Spotify playlists. Several weeks ago I disabled Triode's plug-in and replaced it with the Spotify Protocol Handler. I can keep adding Spoitfy playlists to LMS to total far more than 500 tracks, but I can not get a single playlist to play more than 500 tracks.

I have gone to mysqueezebox.com, disabled/re-enabled my Spotify account there and all looks normal for my three players (one Boom, 2 Classics) and controller. In Settings > Performance I changed the maximum playlist length from 5000 to various settings. I can shorten the maximum length of playlists but not increase it.

Is there something I am overlooking? Maybe uninstall/reinstall LMS? Do I need to commence chopping up my Spotify playlists into 500-track chunks?

And thanks to Michael and everyone else for keeping this eco-system alive and improving!

It is a LMS setting. Change it in settings>advanced>performance>max length of playlist

garym
2017-02-16, 06:31
It is a LMS setting. Change it in settings>advanced>performance>max length of playlist

I recall that I have the same problem. Haven't looked back at it lately, but the issue was that even if LMS settings had max playlist of 25,000, I still got 500 on the Spotify playlists in LMS (using logitech spotify app combined with the Spotify Protocol Handler plugin in LMS). I don't think it was ever resolved.

TomAmes
2017-02-16, 08:18

I recall that I have the same problem. Haven't looked back at it lately, but the issue was that even if LMS settings had max playlist of 25,000, I still got 500 on the Spotify playlists in LMS (using logitech spotify app combined with the Spotify Protocol Handler plugin in LMS). I don't think it was ever resolved.

Yes.

I have changed that setting numerous times. As stated in my OP, I can shorten the length of the playlist but can not increase it higher than 500 tracks regardless of that setting. This was not an issue earlier (with Triode's plug-in, I guess) as Spotify allows up to 10,000 tracks/playlist (according to my Google search).

But recently it has become an issue--presumably when I deactivated Triode's plug-in and changed to the Spotify app + the Spotify Protocol Handler plugin.

Mnyb
2017-02-16, 08:55
Yes.

I have changed that setting numerous times. As stated in my OP, I can shorten the length of the playlist but can not increase it higher than 500 tracks regardless of that setting. This was not an issue earlier (with Triode's plug-in, I guess) as Spotify allows up to 10,000 tracks/playlist (according to my Google search).

But recently it has become an issue--presumably when I deactivated Triode's plug-in and changed to the Spotify app + the Spotify Protocol Handler plugin.

We can post about in the official spotify app tread I think the limit is there , its been asked before .

Corrsponding setting on mysqueezebox.com do we have that ?

mherger
2017-02-16, 09:03
> We can post about in the official spotify app tread I think the limit is
> there , its been asked before .

Yes, I can confirm that you cannot change that limitation. It's been
discussed before.

--

Michael

TomAmes
2017-02-16, 09:43
> We can post about in the official spotify app tread I think the limit is
> there , its been asked before .

Yes, I can confirm that you cannot change that limitation. It's been
discussed before.

--

Michael

Thanks for the confirmation. And my apologies for not finding that discussion previously. I will search again--and figure out the simplest work-around for me.

Thanks again for everything you do with LMS!

Mnyb
2017-02-16, 09:58
But 500 is a bit short there are classical box sets and probably oficial playlists from Spotify that tangent this ? .

Can not remeber why we could not have this but I get the feeling that the "my playlist is slow to load " tread will grow instead if you jiggle around limited resources it's going to give somewhere?

callesoroe
2017-02-18, 06:07
Yes.

Then switch to Tidal hi-fi and get better sound as a bonus. The Tidal plugin can handle larger playlists.