Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinnielo
    • Dec 2007

Squeezebox Controller app - missing favorites

I'm using the Android version of the Squeezebox controller app.
    I've noticed certain favorites are missing from the list, whereas they do show on my Squeezeboxes.
    Is there a way of rebuilding what's shown on the app?
    I've tried amending some entries and changes are reflected correctly. I just can't see these certain entries. Even renaming those, in particular, do not unhide them.
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
    Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC and the BBC's high-quality HLS streams on top of what's available in our MSB app.
    Now with over 1000 registered users, it's available for Logitech Media Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).
    Click for more info: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze
  • mherger
    Babelfish's Best Boy
    • Apr 2005

> I'm using the Android version of the Squeezebox controller app.
    > I've noticed certain favorites are missing from the list, whereas they
    > do show on my Squeezeboxes.

Can you narrow down to some common criteria as to which favs wouldn't work?

--

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• vinnielo
      • Dec 2007

I thought I could at first, but in the end, no.
      The entries missing are along the lines of:

"High-bitrate UK" (folder)
      "High Peak Radio" (stream)
      "Thames Radio" (stream)
      "Archived (non-working)" (folder)

I can't remember the exact entry names off the top of my head but I think they do have single hyphens somewhere in their full name.
      I've tried renaming them to something without hyphens but they're still hidden. Perhaps I need to recreate them from scratch without hyphens?

Are hyphens a known problem?
      RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
      Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC and the BBC's high-quality HLS streams on top of what's available in our MSB app.
      Now with over 1000 registered users, it's available for Logitech Media Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).

Comment

• mherger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

> Are hyphens a known problem?

Not, I doubt hyphens would be a problem. Quotes otoh wouldn't surprise me.

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• vinnielo
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by mherger
          > Are hyphens a known problem?

Not, I doubt hyphens would be a problem. Quotes otoh wouldn't surprise me.

--

Michael
          Nope, I don't use quote marks.
          I'll experiment a bit when I get home.

Comment

• vinnielo
            • Dec 2007

OK, I've managed a bit more testing and have found that the following entries in the list are hidden:
            Slot 2, Slot 13, Slot 24, Slot 36 (not 35, as you might expect if you follow the sequence).
            I've reordered some items to prove this and they hide and reappear when dragged in and out of those positions.

So in order to show all the entries in my favorites on my Squeezebox app, I've created dummy folders named "----- 2", "----- 13", etc.. and positioned them accordingly in the list.

Of course, an annoying side-effect of this is that the dummy folders do show on my Squeezeboxes.

Comment

• vinnielo
              • Dec 2007

I've just dug out my old iPod to try it on iPeng and the problem doesn't manifest itself there.
              So it seems to be a problem with the Squeezebox app itself.

I've also tried clearing the data and the cache from the app to start afresh. No good.

Comment

• vinnielo
                • Dec 2007

I've tried to run the same version of the app (the latest) on a Gingerbread tablet.
                Strangely enough, there are no problems there.

Comment

Working...