PDA

View Full Version : Spotify Discover Weekly Playlist Missing

bb1959
2017-01-06, 15:23
from Ipeng. Very strange...always been there and I went to play it just a few minutes ago and it's not there. Anyone else had this issue?

Vortexbox=>Touch

Grumpy Bob
2017-01-06, 23:01
It's there with iPeng for me. Mind you, it seems to me that the selection of music for this weekly playlist hasn't been so good lately. Maybe that reflects my limited listening on Spotify recently.

Robert

bb1959
2017-01-07, 10:52
It's not on LMS either.

groenm
2017-01-07, 13:26
I confirm the disappearance of the Discover Weekly playlist.

I switched from running LMS on my QNAP to LMS under piCorePlayer on a Raspberry Pi. I only noticed the disappearance of Discover Weekly after this switch, so I supposed it had something to do with my change of environment. I had not found the time to figure out what was different between these environments though.

Good to see others are experiencing the same. Probably not connected to my switch of environment then.

Mark

Grumpy Bob
2017-01-07, 22:53
I confirm the disappearance of the Discover Weekly playlist.

I switched from running LMS on my QNAP to LMS under piCorePlayer on a Raspberry Pi. I only noticed the disappearance of Discover Weekly after this switch, so I supposed it had something to do with my change of environment. I had not found the time to figure out what was different between these environments though.

Good to see others are experiencing the same. Probably not connected to my switch of environment then.

Mark

I switched from running LMS on a QNAP to running it on piCorePlayer as well (some time ago). As far as I can tell, Spotify is functioning just as normal, both on the web interface and on the iPad apps iPeng and Squeezepad. The option to select Spotify is there, all playlists are present and correct (and they work).
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1483281996, running on piCorePlayer/Raspberry Pi 3.

Robert

bb1959
2017-01-08, 07:23
Well Mark at least I know I'm not crazy and not alone in this issue. Nothing has changed w/my setup. Using vortexbox. I'm using IFFFT do move DW to a DWArchive playlist so I can always access it that way but I really like listening to the 30 or so songs on the playlist every week to see if there is anything I like.

No other playlists are missing...just DW. Head scratcher.

Grumpy Bob
2017-01-08, 08:00
Well Mark at least I know I'm not crazy and not alone in this issue. Nothing has changed w/my setup. Using vortexbox. I'm using IFFFT do move DW to a DWArchive playlist so I can always access it that way but I really like listening to the 30 or so songs on the playlist every week to see if there is anything I like.

No other playlists are missing...just DW. Head scratcher.

I found a possibly relevant thread here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/002/thread-id/18963/page/1

One solution is to go to the Spotify web interface and go Browse > Discover, which is supposed to get it back... (also, have you checked the Spotify web interface to see if it's there?)

Robert

Giza2020
2017-01-08, 15:06
If you follow the playlist it should show up in your playlist. Does for me

bb1959
2017-01-08, 15:51
I am following the Discover weekly playlist. The playlist is there on the native Spotify application. It just stop showing up on LMS and ipeng.

groenm
2017-01-08, 21:57
I was already following Discover Weekly.

Just to be sure I stopped following and then started following. It has not reappeared thus far although I know new playlist added elsewhere do not always appear immediately. (Maybe a caching issue?) Will check back later today.

Just for the record. I am running Triode's Spotify plugin without the helper plugin.

Mark

Grumpy Bob
2017-01-08, 22:05
I'm using the Spotify Protocol Handler version 1.1.1 - the one by Michael Herger that's a modification of Triode's plugin, I think.

Robert

mherger
2017-01-08, 22:50
> Just for the record. I am running Triode's Spotify plugin without the
> helper plugin.

Quite an important piece of information: playlists have been reported to
cause problems with Triode's plugin for quite some time. Seems to be
working using the official plugin with the SPH plugin.

--

Michael

mherger
2017-01-08, 22:51
> I'm using the Spotify Protocol Handler version 1.1.1 - the one by
> Michael Herger that's a modification of Triode's plugin, I think.

Yes, SPH is a stripped down version of Triode's. Triode implemented his
own content navigation. I removed all of that for SPH. It fully relies
on the official Spotify plugin to do this. SPH only provides playback.

--

Michael

groenm
2017-01-09, 00:49
> Just for the record. I am running Triode's Spotify plugin without the
> helper plugin.

Quite an important piece of information: playlists have been reported to
cause problems with Triode's plugin for quite some time. Seems to be
working using the official plugin with the SPH plugin.

--

Michael

I was aware that running Triode's plugin independently was no longer the preferred way of doing things, but it just did what I wanted it to do. Discover Weekly always seemed worked on my QNAP setup.

Tonight I can try if Discover Weekly is still functioning on my QNAP as a mere experiment. I just disabled SSOTS when Picoreplayer on the Raspberry Pi appeared to be running correctly and should be able to just enable it again.

However, switching to the preferred solution is probably the more stable way to go. :-)

groenm
2017-01-09, 11:58
Tonight I can try if Discover Weekly is still functioning on my QNAP as a mere experiment. I just disabled SSOTS when Picoreplayer on the Raspberry Pi appeared to be running correctly and should be able to just enable it again.

Result of the experiment: Discover Weekly still present on my QNAP system and plays fine.

For the record some details:
LMS version: 7.9.0 - 1482423225 @ Wed Dec 28 04:09:59 UTC 2016
Triode's Spotify plugin v2.3.9
SSOTS Release 4.14 Modified for LMS 7.7.2
QNAP TS-219P running QTS 4.2.2

Anyway, I will switch my Raspberry Pi system to the official plug-in plus the helper plug-in. I will keep the QNAP LMS install disabled, so it is available for further experimenting in case someone would like some further digging.

bb1959
2017-01-09, 12:48
So should I disable tridode's spotify and run the "official" spotify app?

groenm
2017-01-09, 12:48
However, switching to the preferred solution is probably the more stable way to go. :-)

Removed Triode's plugin and switched to the official Spotify plug-in plus the Helper plug-in. Didn't realise immediately that I also needed to install the Spotify plug-in on mysqueezebox.com, but after I did so, I was fine.

Now playing Discover Weekly again! (I primarily use Spotify to discover new music. If I like music I still buy it so I have it in my private music collection and can manage it there with tags, TrackStat, etc.)

groenm
2017-01-10, 00:39
So should I disable tridode's spotify and run the "official" spotify app?

At least that is the preferred way to proceed. It is probably the easiest and it did work for me. I listened to Discover Weekly yesterday evening and did not immediately find anything I disliked or that didn't work for me. The navigation with the official Spotify plug-in / helper plug-in is nicer than Triode's and you get access to playlists that stopped working in Triode's plug-in or were never there (genres, moods).

If you like tinkering with your system and troubleshooting, you might dive into the problem and try to see if you can work out why it isn't working with Triode's plug-in anymore. If I can help by checking stuff on my QNAP setup that currently still plays Discover Weekly fine with Triode's plug-in, let me know.

Personally, I will probably stay with the official Spotify plug-in with the helper plug-in unless I happen to run into things I really don't like about it.

bb1959
2017-01-10, 10:51
Success! Disabled tridode spotify plugin and installed spotify in mysqueezebox. DW is now there. I guess I was always used to using triode plugin.

Thanks everyone!

It seems DW is hit or miss (I feel it used to be better) but I do discover new stuff that I then search for in Tidal to listen to.

Grumpy Bob
2017-01-11, 09:53
How does Discover Weekly make its choices? Presumably Spotify plays, but any other source? I guess if Spotify featured more frequently in my listening, Discover Weekly would work better.

Robert