PDA

View Full Version : Play other songs in album or directory - does it work?

kllngtme
2016-12-08, 08:45
I have this enabled on all my players but I'm not sure how to get it to work.

I primarily use Orange Squeeze to navigate everything but even using the web browser I can't get it to work.

If I start by playing track 2 in an album, how can I get it to add the rest of the songs in the album to the playlist?

mherger
2016-12-08, 09:30
> If I start by playing track 2 in an album, how can I get it to add the
> rest of the songs in the album to the playlist?

There's an option in Settings/Player (web UI) to control this behaviour.
Did you enable it?

--

Michael

d6jg
2016-12-08, 09:38
> If I start by playing track 2 in an album, how can I get it to add the
> rest of the songs in the album to the playlist?

Did you enable it?

--

Michael

I don't think it works if you have DSTM enabled. Not sure whether it is supposed to or not. Michael ?

kllngtme
2016-12-08, 09:42
>
Did you enable it?

Yea, it's enabled in settings on each individual player...

kllngtme
2016-12-08, 09:43
I don't think it works if you have DSTM enabled. Not sure whether it is supposed to or not. Michael ?

haha, well I do have DSTM enabled as well...

jfo
2016-12-08, 15:11
Works for me on my Touch and Rpi with DSTM enabled.

stereoptic
2016-12-09, 05:14
I does not work for me using Orange Squeeze on my android. The setting works fine for Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Boom, Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite on piCoreplayer.
I do not have Don't Stop the Music enabled.

I haven't checked in a while, but I think that it works on the other android app - what's it called, Squeeze Commander?

When I play an album using the Orange Squeeze app, I press the corner pull down on the album name and select play, and then the album plays from track 1. If I skip to another track, the album will continue to play from that track on as well.

RonM
2016-12-09, 05:54
I haven't checked in a while, but I think that it works on the other android app - what's it called, Squeeze Commander?

Squeeze Cntrl, still actively maintained.

kllngtme
2016-12-09, 06:30
I use the latest version of Squeezeplay and still can't get it to work with that either. Does DSTM have anything to do with it?

stereoptic
2016-12-09, 20:10
Squeeze Cntrl, still actively maintained.
That's one, but I just checked my kindle and it's called Squeeze Commander. On the kindle I also have Orange Squeeze loaded and clicking on the first song presents an option to play this song or play all songs.
Play all songs is not an option on the android. There is a setting in Preferences for Default Play Mode - Prompt / Play Now / Play Next / Add to Playlist. If I select "Play Now' (I had previously set on Prompt) songs now play in sequence.

kllngtme
2016-12-12, 07:05
So I'm still trying to figure this out. No matter what controller is used it's the same behavior. Using the web gui, I goto an album hit play on track 3. Track 3 is the only thing that will be added to the playlist until the end of the song when DSTM kicks in. How can I get it to add the rest of the tracks to the album when I hit play from a track other than track 1

drmatt
2016-12-13, 01:25
Press the + next to the track for more info, it tells you the artist and album.. click on the album. Click play next to the album.