PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Music

castalla
2016-11-25, 17:42
If only there were an app/plugin for Amazon Music ... recent developments make it a viable alternative to other services.

pippin
2016-11-25, 19:10
If only Amazon had an API...

castalla
2016-11-25, 19:15
If only Amazon had an API...

Err ... so how does Sonos get Amazon?

pippin
2016-11-25, 19:17
Special arrangement probably?
I mean: of course Amazon will have some internal API, it's just that they don't publish and open it up. Just like Google and Apple. After all, music isn't really their primary business

castalla
2016-11-25, 19:28
Special arrangement probably?
I mean: of course Amazon will have some internal API, it's just that they don't publish and open it up. Just like Google and Apple. After all, music isn't really their primary business

A pity that Logitech can't make an effort! Too much to expect michael to get diverted, I expect!

pippin
2016-11-25, 19:29
I don't think Michael will be the problem.
This is not a technical issue.

castalla
2016-11-25, 19:38
I don't think Michael will be the problem.
This is not a technical issue.

The potential market via Logitech must be not inconsiderate - even nowadays.

Shame Logitech seems more focused on rodents, etc.

pippin
2016-11-25, 19:41
What market? Logitech isn't selling anything here and neither is Amazon, for them it's just a way to get more people into prime who then buy more on Amazon.
This is the kind of service you get for "free".
Sonos probably reached out and got to great lengths to get it supported and they are a big player so had a decent chance for an entry.
But what's in there for Logitech?

castalla
2016-11-25, 19:52
What market? Logitech isn't selling anything here and neither is Amazon, for them it's just a way to get more people into prime who then buy more on Amazon.
This is the kind of service you get for "free".
Sonos probably reached out and got to great lengths to get it supported and they are a big player so had a decent chance for an entry.
But what's in there for Logitech?

You're right. Very little, since they dumped their premium products and turned to minor peripherals.

Sonos are very good - in fact if I was starting a system again I think I'd go that route - especially if they get Echo integration off the ground

Girth
2016-11-25, 20:43
Someone should try tinkering this into perl/LMS.

https://github.com/kodinerds/repo/tree/master/plugin.audio.prime_music