PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Headphone recommendations ?

castalla
2016-11-13, 16:13
Okay - a bit off-topic - and not audiophile given it involves bluetooth (aaarrrgh)

but

any users of the B&O Beoplay H7 and/or H7 cans out there?

On-ear versus over-ear?

ANC versus passive isolation?

Jeff07971
2016-11-13, 17:02
Okay - a bit off-topic - and not audiophile given it involves bluetooth (aaarrrgh)

but

On-ear versus over-ear?

Sennheiser HD600/650 with a battery powered Raspberry Pi Running Pcp ? :)

castalla
2016-11-13, 17:12
Sennheiser HD600/650 with a battery powered Raspberry Pi Running Pcp ? :)

Nope - must be wireless !

Jeff07971
2016-11-13, 17:13
Nope - must be wireless !

I did mean a wireless connected Pi ! :)

Jeff07971
2016-11-13, 17:17

but

On-ear versus over-ear?

Seriously though I've heard the B&W's are quite good - for Blutoof anyway, quite expensive though

Apesbrain
2016-11-13, 17:23
I demoed the Bose 35 and thought it sounded very good.

Wirrunna
2016-11-13, 23:49
I looked into this a while ago and one of my requirements for the wireless cans was to be able to watch TV as well as listen to music. Bluetoof cans are crap to watch TV as the digital delay of a second or so makes the sound lag the video.
I ended up getting Sennheiser HDR 185 that have both a toslink input and an analog pair of RCA sockets. An rPi with a HiFiBerry Digi+ provides music and the RCA plugs give me TV.

https://en-au.sennheiser.com/rs-185

Atlantic
2016-11-14, 04:05
I demoed the Bose 35 and thought it sounded very good.

I was going to add this newspaper article to the thread, and so tacked it onto your suggestion.

The article reviews the Bose 35s and, at the end, links to another 2 articles covering noise cancelling headphones (published 2014), and bluetooth headphones (published 2015).

On a recent flight a fellow passenger let me listen to his (wired, not '35') Bose noise-cancelling headphones, and demoed the nc effect. I was very, very, impressed; it was frst time I had heard that effect. As for frequency response, in which my old KOSS headphones from the 60s has always slightly disappointed me, the test there and then seemed reasonable enough (Sinatra, Fly Me To The Moon, had been his choice) but the occasion was by no means a proper comparison with HiFi sources and speakers, so it's just a personal first assessment. Truly, I was astonished how quiet and, as a result, how 'immediate' and 'close' - and full - the sound seemed.

Pricey, though.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/21/bose-qc35-wireless-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-headphones-review

Atlantic

d6jg
2016-11-14, 04:47
I looked into this a while ago and one of my requirements for the wireless cans was to be able to watch TV as well as listen to music. Bluetoof cans are crap to watch TV as the digital delay of a second or so makes the sound lag the video.
I ended up getting Sennheiser HDR 185 that have both a toslink input and an analog pair of RCA sockets. An rPi with a HiFiBerry Digi+ provides music and the RCA plugs give me TV.

https://en-au.sennheiser.com/rs-185

The Sennheiser's are RF aren't they ? I have a pair of old rs-150's which still work but have an issue on the volume control. I looked at replacing with the rs-185 but my wife bought me a pair of B&W P7s a year or so ago and I now find that I wander around the house with those on my head and an iPod Touch in my pocket running iPeng in player mode. I don't fly often enough to warrant noise cancelling but if I was to replace the rs-150's I would do so with something that is noise cancelling and can be used anywhere rather than something with a base station.