PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Squeezebox Classic or SB3

spedinfargo
2016-10-20, 17:26
Went downstairs to see why the old SB3 (pre-Logitech!) connected to my whole-house audio wasn't working. Looks like it's completely dead, won't power on.

Does anyone have an old one laying around that they want to sell? I don't need remote - if there are flaws with the screen that's OK as well. I do need a functioning digital output and IR input (I think the only other device in the family that does that is the Touch or the Transporter, correct?).

If I can't get a relatively inexpensive one I guess I can probably get the picoreplay thing going (although last time I checked that was kind of clunky with hooking up an IR receiver...)

Thanks,
Sped

Fizbin
2016-10-20, 19:14
Did you try another PSU? In most cases these devices outlive them.

toby10
2016-10-21, 01:09
All SB players have IR input except the Duet Receiver.

ralphy
2016-10-21, 04:20
There's an SB3 for sale as well as other players for sale. Details in this thread.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106253-FS-Touches-Classics-Teddy-Pardo-Power-Supplies

spedinfargo
2016-10-21, 06:56
Did you try another PSU? In most cases these devices outlive them. Yah, I actually had bought another PSU a while ago (it turned out to be another problem - the original PSU wasn't bad, it was the Wi-Fi card problem). Neither one works on it unfortunately :-( Oh well.

spedinfargo
2016-10-21, 07:00
All SB players have IR input except the Duet Receiver. My original request was a bit rambling - looking for the devices that have IR and digital output. Other than the dedicated output, the Radio or Boom would probably work.

spedinfargo
2016-10-21, 07:01
There's an SB3 for sale as well as other players for sale. Details in this thread.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106253-FS-Touches-Classics-Teddy-Pardo-Power-Supplies

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Mnyb
2016-10-22, 03:38
My original request was a bit rambling - looking for the devices that have IR and digital output. Other than the dedicated output, the Radio or Boom would probably work.

You could pick up Squeezebox Touch . its generally better for most use cases . Better format support better wifi better app support , better audio quality (measurably better , like all modern digital stuff probably beyond human hearing , but its nominally better ).

Unless you require some of the ir blaster plugins to works as before .

Or having a very custimised UI and screensavers you *really* must have .

spedinfargo
2016-10-28, 09:28
You could pick up Squeezebox Touch . its generally better for most use cases . Better format support better wifi better app support , better audio quality (measurably better , like all modern digital stuff probably beyond human hearing , but its nominally better ).

Unless you require some of the ir blaster plugins to works as before .

Or having a very custimised UI and screensavers you *really* must have .

Thanks for all of the responses everyone - I got a Touch and a Classic from some folks on this forum. I should be good to go for a while...