PDA

View Full Version : Display question - newbie

Steve S
2016-10-08, 09:20
Hi all, my first post here after buying a Classic v3 through eb*y.
Very pleased with the device but I would love to know if there is a way of showing the analog vu meters throughout listening (ie without fading after a few seconds).
Many thanks in advance.
Steve S.

kidstypike
2016-10-08, 09:37
Hi all, my first post here after buying a Classic v3 through eb*y.
Very pleased with the device but I would love to know if there is a way of showing the analog vu meters throughout listening (ie without fading after a few seconds).
Many thanks in advance.
Steve S.

Welcome to the forum.

Assuming you're conected to LMS (Logitech Media Server) go to Settings > Player Tab > Basic Settings (dropdown). All your Classic (SB3) display setting options are there.

Steve S
2016-10-08, 10:50
Welcome to the forum.

Assuming you're conected to LMS (Logitech Media Server) go to Settings > Player Tab > Basic Settings (dropdown). All your Classic (SB3) display setting options are there.

Thanks for the welcome!

As I said, I'm a COMPLETE newbie! I'm connected through slimserver software on my PC - is that the same as LMS?
Sorry if I'm being dense!
Thanks for your help,
Steve S.

kidstypike
2016-10-08, 10:58
Thanks for the welcome!

As I said, I'm a COMPLETE newbie! I'm connected through slimserver software on my PC - is that the same as LMS?
Sorry if I'm being dense!
Thanks for your help,
Steve S.

OK, the VU meters are a "Screensaver", so assuming you have the IR remote, on your Classic's screen scroll to Settings > Display > Screensavers > Screensaver when playing > Analog VU Meter.

Now when you play something the VU meters should kick in after a user defined time-out (can be defined in settings).

Not sure why you're seeing the VU meters, but fading out?

Steve S
2016-10-08, 11:11
OK, the VU meters are a "Screensaver", so assuming you have the IR remote, on your Classic's screen scroll to Settings > Display > Screensavers > Screensaver when playing > Analog VU Meter.

Now when you play something the VU meters should kick in after a user defined time-out (can be defined in settings).

Not sure why you're seeing the VU meters, but fading out?

Will get back to you as soon as I can get it up and running again(!) - it says that I have a 'wireless encryption failure' just now.
Cheers
Steve S.

Mnyb
2016-10-10, 10:03
Slimserver that seems like an old version :) the most current name is logitech media server aka LMS .
It was rebadged some time after logitech bougth slim devices .

So LMS 7.8.1 0r 7.9 beta is what we have now thanks to comunity support and much work by the remaing dev logitech has .

Logitech stoppad at 7.7.5 ,but with a modern OS or modern NAS it is to old in many cases .