PDA

View Full Version : Searching my music is not very good using spotify apps.

mandryka
2016-09-17, 06:47
Hello

(The title should say squeezebox apps, but I can't change it now)

I find myself increasingly using spotify to play music which I have on my hard drive, because spotify search is so much better than LMS.

In spotify I can type

cortot Chopin 58 allegro

and I get what I'm looking for - Cortot playing the allegro of Chopin op 58

But in LMS, what a palaver! First I have to do
Cortot and then search all the results, manually, it is not easy. I have a big music collection . . .

Things are better if I use advanced search in the logitech's interface to the media server, because I can simultaneously search artist and track. And of course I can access this via a tablet, but the interface is hardly satisfactory. But via all the apps for tablets, it's a nightmare. I expect there's a good technical reason for that . . .

mherger
2016-09-17, 07:38
Are you using 7.9 and its full text search? I can type "gabriel rain live" and I would get a list of live recordings of Peter Gabriel's "Red Rain":

The full text index would cover all of contributor names, comments, album titles and much more. Wouldn't this cover your needs, too?

mandryka
2016-09-17, 08:59
Thanks. I was using 7.8. I downloaded 7.9, and it's rescanning the media library now. What's worrying me is that I have no search at all from ipeng or squeezepad.

Howard

garym
2016-09-17, 09:09
Thanks. I was using 7.8. I downloaded 7.9, and it's rescanning the media library now. What's worrying me is that I have no search at all from ipeng or squeezepad.

Howard

something is wrong then, as you should have search from either ipeng or squeezepad.

kidstypike
2016-09-17, 09:21
I don't think search is possible during a clear & rescan, possibly just radio stations would show up?

Should be fine when rescan is finished.

mandryka
2016-09-17, 12:40
Absolutely brilliant, just what I was looking for, I am a happy customer.

It says it's a beta - is it stable? Is there strange behaviour I should know about?

mherger
2016-09-17, 13:39
> It says it's a beta - is it stable? Is there strange behaviour I should
> know about?

I'd say it's as stable as 7.7 or 7.8. It's what my family uses every
day. And they don't complain.

The biggest known issue is a compatibility issue of the full text search
with some of Erland's plugins.

--

Michael

mandryka
2016-09-17, 14:06
. . . And search is so much quicker! I always thought the problem was my hardware.

I am impressed, thanks for building it.