PDA

View Full Version : Ipeng won't find Vortexbox

bb1959
2016-09-09, 15:24
Vortexbox doesn't show up on my ipeng on my iphone but it shows up on my ipad. Any ideas as to where to begin?
Rebooted vortexbox, deleted and installed ipeng on iphone to no avail.

pippin
2016-09-09, 16:14
Check whether your iPhone is on WiFi.
If yes, send me a diagnostics mail from both devices, just tap the mail link in "Help"

bb1959
2016-09-10, 08:58
Hey Pippin, just sent both...and yes wifi on.

pippin
2016-09-10, 09:55
Hm, is your iPhone maybe on a restricted guest network? Or any IP conflicts?
Can you open the server's web interface in Safari on the phone?

bb1959
2016-09-10, 11:35
no not on restricted guest network. Now I can't find my two SBT's or my vb on my network on my laptop. My ipad still has vb has it's current music source and my iphone shows mysqueezebox.com as it's source and other music source is my desktop (which shows up on my network).

garym
2016-09-10, 11:48
no not on restricted guest network. Now I can't find my two SBT's or my vb on my network on my laptop. My ipad still has vb has it's current music source and my iphone shows mysqueezebox.com as it's source and other music source is my desktop (which shows up on my network).

I think you have a network problem, not an ipeng problem. Next steps should be:

1. turn off or unplug all players, rotuer, modem, VB server, computers, laptops, etc.
2. turn on/plug in modem, let fully start. turn on router, let fully start. Then turn on computer running VB and let fully start, including LMS. Then plug in SB players, then local computers, laptop, etc. This should resolve any IP conflicts, etc.

pippin
2016-09-10, 12:08
Again: an you open the VB web interface in Safari on the phone?

Apart from that I'd indeed recommend to restart the router but not knowing your exact network setup it's hard to give advice beyond that. Maybe you could describe it a bit

bb1959
2016-09-10, 12:17
just completed that. Now VB shows up under computers but not media devices (as it did before). My two SBT's still don't show up in my network. But!!! ipad and iphone now have the VB as the music source!!!

So, that worked but still don't know why my two SBT's and the VB don't show up in Media Devices on my network...

Thanks Pippin!

pippin
2016-09-10, 12:52
I'd say the SBTs either can't find the server or are now connected to MySqueezebox.com. If iPeng doesn't show them at all, that would be my first bet because otherwise they might be under "unconnected players".
Have you registered iPeng for your MySqueezebox.com account? If not, please do so using the "i" button behind "MySqueezebox.com".

Regarding the vortex box player: is that one running?

Or is all your stuff now connected to your computer and iPeng can't find that one since you still have network issues?

kidstypike
2016-09-10, 12:56
So, that worked but still don't know why my two SBT's and the VB don't show up in Media Devices on my network...

You need the "UPnP/DNLA Media Interface" plugin installed in LMS?

garym
2016-09-10, 13:06
You need the "UPnP/DNLA Media Interface" plugin installed in LMS?

without the UpNp plugin they will show up as "other devices" rather than media devices. Do note that one doesn't *need* the UpnP plugin for normal play of a SB (and in some cases the plugin can cause problems).

bb1959
2016-09-13, 11:40
I'll check on that. Other than that, ipeng is able to play on both iphone and ipad again.