PDA

View Full Version : Good to see this place is still alive.

nicklouse
2016-09-02, 06:57
been a while but still using my little boxes and iPeng.

but I have had a little scare one on my ReadyNas boxes decided to have a PSU failure while switched off, not the one with LMS but it got me thinking (while a wait on find/getting a new PSU) what new NAS boxes are there out there that can run LMS as I see no info on the downloads page at Logitec.

Grumpy Bob
2016-09-02, 07:27
been a while but still using my little boxes and iPeng.

but I have had a little scare one on my ReadyNas boxes decided to have a PSU failure while switched off, not the one with LMS but it got me thinking (while a wait on find/getting a new PSU) what new NAS boxes are there out there that can run LMS as I see no info on the downloads page at Logitec.

Having run LMS on a QNAP NAS for several years, I have switched to using a Raspberry Pi3 running piCorePlayer and LMS, with the music files all on the QNAP. This works far better in several ways and I recommend it!

Robert

d6jg
2016-09-02, 07:39
Having run LMS on a QNAP NAS for several years, I have switched to using a Raspberry Pi3 running piCorePlayer and LMS, with the music files all on the QNAP. This works far better in several ways and I recommend it!

Robert

+1

Let the NAS do what it is good at - serving files. A Pi with PiCorePlayer incl LMS with the NAS mounted as storage requires zero Linux skills and if you add a DAC it can also be a decent player.

nicklouse
2016-09-02, 16:23
I like it. It is an option.