PDA

View Full Version : I think my transporter has died

jarome
2016-08-27, 10:13
I was listening to music and my Transporter1 rebooted itself. Now when I press Play, the track never starts playing. I put one of my old Squeezeboxes there, and it plays, so it's not the network or the server.

Once I saw a message flash by about "not enough decoder memory." Is there any way I can diagnose or fix this?

Now my other Transporter2 is exhibiting the same symptoms. It was playing, I changed selections, and now it will no longer play anything. The progress bar sits there. The Web interface shows the track progressing for each Transporter, but not the on the Transporters themselves.

Squeezeplay works on the same server for the same tracks.

Well, Transporter2 works if I use the LMS on my other Linux system (both OpenSUSE Leap 42.1), although the second LMS uses a slightly older LMS version (Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1467729831 ) vs my new one (Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1471509276). The /etc/sysconfig settings are the same.

I also got the brief decoder memory message flash across the screen of Transporter2.

The newer server machine also has 32GB of memory and a faster CPU.

I also reset Transporter2 to its default settings with no better luck.

What can be causing this?

Eric Seaberg
2016-08-27, 15:20
My Transporter did the same thing when I was trying to play a multi-channel (5.1) file that I thought I had encoded to DTS, but it was an interleaved 5.1 WAV file and the Transporter didn't know what to do with it. I had to do a reset on the box... I think you hold down either '1' or 'Brightness' on the remote when you plug power into the unit... obviously after pulling the power.

Found this on Squeeze Wiki:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Special_IR_Keys_on_Reboot_for_Factory_Reset_and_La st_FW

You can also try this:

The Transporter is programmable, and the Logitech/Slim folks can change the firmware to add features, fix bugs, etc. For most users, all updates are performed automatically by the SqueezeCenter.
Some problems that occur occasionally that need more:
no audio, screens display normally
Perform a xilix reset to the microcode in the Transporter. Do this by:
power the Transporter off
press the 1 (one) key on the remote
power the Transporter on.
BTW: No need to actually unplug it, just press and hold the power button until it reboots and when the logo scrolls into view, press 1.

jarome
2016-08-27, 15:31
I held the + button while plugging it in. When it started, it said "out of decoder memory" and still will not play. I tried upgrading Transporter2 to the latest nightly, and now it is dead also!. Reverting to its previous install did not fix it.

Resetting the Xilink with 1 did not help either. Still get memory message. Is there a way to allocate more memory on the server? Is this a server message or a Transporter message?

Where do we get old nightlies from?

Thanks,
Jim

Fizbin
2016-08-27, 17:29
This is what I suggest....

A) Reinstall LMS

B) Xilinx reset:
* Disconnect the power
* Press and hold "1" on the remote
* Reconnect the power
* Release the "1" button when you see "Programming xilinx" on the screen

C) Factory reset:
1. Disconnect the power
2. Press and hold "Add" (+) on the remote
3. Reconnect the power
4. Release the "Add" button when you see "Factory reset..." on the screen
(Some people say that you should reinstall the firmware after you do this...not sure if this can be done with the Transporter...seeing how you're running the latest LMS)

Also, cut and paste this into google and see what others are saying about this:

site:forums.slimdevices.com "out of decoder memory"

jarome
2016-08-28, 05:38
This was triggered when i tried to play a 5.1 FLAC. Who'da thunk?
It plays nicely in SqueezePlay.
I'll try the resets yet again, and not play that album.

However, the firmware should be updated so as to deal with this gracefully. I have wasted a lot of time on this.

callesoroe
2016-08-28, 13:28
This was triggered when i tried to play a 5.1 FLAC. Who'da thunk?
It plays nicely in SqueezePlay.
I'll try the resets yet again, and not play that album.

However, the firmware should be updated so as to deal with this gracefully. I have wasted a lot of time on this.

It is still an "error 40" ;) . And it is still better than two dead Transporters :)

jarome
2016-08-28, 13:30
It is still an "error 40" ;) . And it is still better than two dead Transporters :)

Yes, thanks. Very scary.And I had withdrawal symptoms too.