PDA

View Full Version : How to clear cache

Repelstale
2016-08-24, 13:26
L.S.,

After having worked pretty well for quite some time my Squeezebox has been acting up of late. It doesn't play tracks properly, either doesn't play them, or doesn't respond to pause etc.

I would like to try to clear the cache, but to my astonishment I just can't seem to find the "clear cache" button under advanced. Where is this hidden?

With kind regards,

Repelstale

Apesbrain
2016-08-24, 13:32
http://i.imgur.com/PRBhNuZ.jpg

After doing this, reboot your server.

Mnyb
2016-08-24, 21:14
In a non Windows environment stop LMS just find the cache folder and empty it restart LMS or more carefully just delete the .dB and .wal files you find in there . And restart LMS .

Next start LMS will rescan your music and build a new dB

Mnyb
2016-08-24, 21:17
Op may have some network issue as well ? What kind of squeezebox ? The pause signal goes to the server and the server pauses the stream ? And the squeezebox has quite large buffer , for example if the network drops for 5-10 secs you migth still here music but the player is unresponsive for control .

Repelstale
2016-08-25, 00:09
http://i.imgur.com/PRBhNuZ.jpg

After doing this, reboot your server.

How do I get there? I Always work from Logitech Media Server (adres:gate), then settings. I don't know the control center

Repelstale
2016-08-25, 01:29
Indeed it seems to be a network problem, so let's not get sidetracked by clearing cache.

I am able to connect to my network and to my NAS. But when I start playing something after a couple of seconds it stops and the light on the squeezebox goes back to blue. I can try to reconnect and start playing again, which sometimes works, but then the same thing happens.

I have:
- restarted my router
- restarted my internet connection.
- restarted LMS on my NAS
- restarted my NAS
- restarted the receiver

to no avail

I don't think I can fix this by using a forum... However, if any of you have a major idea, please let me know

bpa
2016-08-25, 01:46
Details on your setup enables specific advice to be given - otherwsie it is generic.
Do you have a single player ? If not, are the problems confined to a single player ?

Is the problem player connected by wireless ? if so what is the signal strength reported (see WebUI Settings/Information under the player information)

Repelstale
2016-08-25, 02:13
Details on your setup enables specific advice to be given - otherwsie it is generic.
Do you have a single player ? If not, are the problems confined to a single player ?

Is the problem player connected by wireless ? if so what is the signal strength reported (see WebUI Settings/Information under the player information)

I have a single player, a Squeezebox Receiver, part of a Squeezebox Duet. It's connected by ethernet, internet over powerline, which worked fine before, and I've already reset this connection just to be sure as well.

bpa
2016-08-25, 04:32
I have a single player, a Squeezebox Receiver, part of a Squeezebox Duet. It's connected by ethernet, internet over powerline, which worked fine before, and I've already reset this connection just to be sure as well.

There may be message in server.log which indicates the type of problem

I have powerline adapters (Devolo) and every so often the connection "hangs" - this is always a possibility since you have other electrical devices on the link which can create noise. What make,model adapter & speed and what throughput does management tools say is available over powerline connection ?

You should be bale to use the powerline management utilities to check what is happening when your connection hangs to confirm whether it is the power line adapter or something else.

Mnyb
2016-08-25, 05:44
How do I get there? I Always work from Logitech Media Server (adres:gate), then settings. I don't know the control center

this only exist in windows in other platforms you stop the server the usual way for that platform (command line for example ) finds the cache folder via the usual means some gui explorer or comandline and clear it . and then issue start command or simply reboot .

DJanGo
2016-08-25, 10:58
I would like to try to clear the cache, but to my astonishment I just can't seem to find the "clear cache" button under advanced. Where is this hidden?

Just for the title of this topic:
You should do a clear and scan its the last line in http://your,lms.ip:9000/settings/index.html

After having worked pretty well for quite some time my Squeezebox has been acting up of late. It doesn't play tracks properly, either doesn't play them, or doesn't respond to pause etc.

you dont need to clear the cache when your player(s) doesn't respond to pause etc.
Thats a network problem.

Powerline Adapters likes to get out of order - for a test - try to replace the powerline adaptors with a direct connection.
Change cable or take two/three carefully looks at them - any white cracks on the outside and a crease around it ->cable goes to the bin.
Same problem -> its not the powerline adaptor(s)
Problem is gone -> one or more powerline adaptors or the cable to them had a issue.

earthbased
2018-07-21, 11:57
In a non Windows environment stop LMS just find the cache folder and empty it restart LMS or more carefully just delete the .dB and .wal files you find in there . And restart LMS .

Next start LMS will rescan your music and build a new dB

What are *.wal files?

DJanGo
2018-07-21, 11:59
What are *.wal files?

something sqlite - the database behind lms -uses

mherger
2018-07-23, 02:23
> What are *.wal files?

"Write Ahead Logging" files used by the database storing LMS music
information - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write-ahead_logging

--