PDA

View Full Version : Missing artwork

pkfox
2016-08-05, 02:24
Hi All, I inadvertently deleted all my artwork and don't know how to download it again, I use the music information plugin which after a rescan seems to download artwork for the artist but not for the albums - I'm probably doing something wrong though - I have got a backup but it would be a pain to copy all of it over. Any ideas guys ? ( apart from don't delete your artwork )

mherger
2016-08-05, 02:32
> Hi All, I inadvertently deleted all my artwork and don't know how to
> download it again, I use the music information plugin which after a
> rescan seems to download artwork for the artist but not for the albums -

The plugin has an option to download album art as well. Make sure it's
enabled.

> I'm probably doing something wrong though - I have got a backup but it
> would be a pain to copy all of it over. Any ideas guys ? ( apart from
> don't delete your artwork )

Get a better backup concept where you can restore select files easily
;-). Do you store the artwork files with the music files? You could
embed them with the music files (then it's all or nothing - and a
restore would be worth it :-)).

--

Michael

pkfox
2016-08-05, 03:02
The plugin has an option to download album art as well. Make sure it's
enabled.

I've got everything checked as per the default.

Get a better backup concept where you can restore select files easily
;-). Do you store the artwork files with the music files? You could
embed them with the music files (then it's all or nothing - and a
restore would be worth it :-)).

I can restore all or individual files but I have a very large collection and it would take a long time. I don't embed the artwork as I don't know to.

DJanGo
2016-08-05, 03:09
I have got a backup but it would be a pain to copy all of it over. Any ideas guys ? ( apart from don't delete your artwork )

xcopy /dsy *.jpg destination
command /cmd is a bit stupid here - you must have at least a single .jpg file in the source"root" folder otherwise its not working.

DJanGo
2016-08-05, 03:11
I don't embed the artwork as I don't know to.

isnt your lms Server a linux machine?
I have a nice bashscript to embedd my artwork.

pkfox
2016-08-05, 03:12
xcopy /dsy *.jpg destination
command /cmd is a bit stupid here - you must have at least a single .jpg file in the source"root" folder otherwise its not working.

I'm on a linux box but I can achieve the same thing using rsync , I'm just curious as to why the plugin isn't pulling the album art down.

pkfox
2016-08-05, 03:13
isnt your lms Server a linux machine?
I have a nice bashscript to embedd my artwork.

I would be interested in seeing that

DJanGo
2016-08-05, 03:14
I'm on a linux box but I can achieve the same thing using rsync , I'm just curious as to why the plugin isn't pulling the album art down.

ahh - afaik it (the plugin) needs a rescan.
but if you already sorted your artwork why not rsync it - its faster and already sorted crap is already sorted.

DJanGo
2016-08-05, 03:29
I would be interested in seeing that
you maybe need to set the execute attribute first.

It has dependencies - but these should be shown when you running it.

My Setup looks like

Cover.jpg are the Files to embedd
The size should be 600 by (hopefully) 600
Folder.jpg -> Larger Files (i remember that once i downsized all my artwork to 300 and trashed the bigger Files (long time ago when 160 gb Disks are very very big))

change that - if you need to in the chapter vars.

##vars
cover="Cover.jpg"
folder="Folder.jpg"
size="600"

\edit:
it has some "bugs" its just running two (or was it three?) subfolders deep - that matches my setup.
eg. first char of the Artist(Band) Artist(Band) Album
Z\Zero7\Simple Things
/edit

pkfox
2016-08-05, 04:52
ahh - afaik it (the plugin) needs a rescan.
but if you already sorted your artwork why not rsync it - its faster and already sorted crap is already sorted.

I used this eventually, I mounted my Linux LMS server on my backup box and it was all done in seconds.

rsync -rv --include '*/' --include '*.jpg' --include '*.png' --include '*.gif' --exclude '*' /mnt/backup/music/ /mnt/LMS/music/

thanks for your help

DJanGo
2016-08-05, 04:57
I used this eventually, I mounted my Linux LMS server on my backup box and it was all done in seconds.

rsync -rv --include '*/' --include '*.jpg' --include '*.png' --include '*.gif' --exclude '*' /mnt/backup/music/ /mnt/LMS/music/

thanks for your help
Thanks for the thanks.
Isnt rsync one of the alltime greatest tools ever?

pkfox
2016-08-05, 05:32
Thanks for the thanks.
Isnt rsync one of the alltime greatest tools ever?

Yes it is and it's capable of remote synching which is really useful to pull or push files

pkfox
2016-08-05, 06:40
If I embed all the artwork will LMS automatically use it ?

DJanGo
2016-08-05, 06:50
If I embed all the artwork will LMS automatically use it ?

depends on some points...

imho we added some info to the help section.

but if you dont mix albums in folders, all tracks should have the same artwork - yapp.
You need a rescan of curse - may that was your question?

Mnyb
2016-08-06, 10:33
Embedded art have higher prioritera than files in the folder Sothebys Will be used first. But Please keep it one album one folder .

In the case of different art in every track of an album ( they do exist I have several from bandcamp for example ) . The art in track one will be considered album art .

DJanGo
2016-08-06, 13:22
refer to the built it artwork help - is there anything to add or change?

Artwork Setup

Hauptmenü / Hilfe / Artwork Setup
What is Artwork?

Artwork is cover art from CD albums and typically a copy of the CD/album's cover. The Logitech Media Server can display artwork associated with each album.
How does the Squeezebox software use it?

Artwork is displayed in several places within the Squeezebox software. When you import (scan) your library - the scanner uses the first picture for all other media files found in that older. So you should use one folder for each album.
Where should I store the cover art?

You can embed the cover art into your media files by using your favourite mp3/flac tagging tool.
If embedded artwork is used - these pictures will always be the first used by the software.
You can store the artwork in the folder structure of your library.
Logitech Media Server looks in the same folder where the song file is stored, thus you would be looking for the same artfile in this case.
You can store them into a separate folder for your cover art.
There is an option in Server Settings, Advanced, Formatting to set file names for Artwork or a central location for artwork files. You can enter a specific filename if you use something not found in the list (eg, artwork.jpg). You may also create filenames based on song variables. For further information scroll down to Filenames based on song variables.