PDA

View Full Version : Server refresh, creates a question...

mn283
2016-07-26, 00:55
Hi All,

I recently refreshed by LMS server from an ageing Dell GX620 to a 790 fitted with an SSD, running Windows 10 Home. After remembering all the tweaks and plugins all is running great. However I have the system set to sleep and WOL to bring it back from sleep, which works fine and the resume time is virtually instant. However the Squeezebox Classic 3 displays the 'Can't connect to server left to try again' message which stays for displayed for some time. Can this be removed or its timeout shortened ? Probably an odd question....

Any help / comments appreciated !

Regards,
Mark

epoch1970
2016-07-29, 03:29
Sorry, you can't change that. The screen wakes up and displays the message automatically. It will eventually go away, but the timeout is long indeed. I don't think using the IR at that moment helps any either, but I could be wrong.

The only workaround I can imagine is switching the SB to another working server before shutdown. That could be mysqueezebox.com, or a tiny raspberry pi machine on the local network, or the LMS server in a Touch ... The Server Power Control plugin is able to send a flock of players away and bring them back when the server restarts.

mn283
2016-08-02, 00:42
Sorry, you can't change that. The screen wakes up and displays the message automatically. It will eventually go away, but the timeout is long indeed. I don't think using the IR at that moment helps any either, but I could be wrong.

The only workaround I can imagine is switching the SB to another working server before shutdown. That could be mysqueezebox.com, or a tiny raspberry pi machine on the local network, or the LMS server in a Touch ... The Server Power Control plugin is able to send a flock of players away and bring them back when the server restarts.

Thanks for the reply. I thought the long timeout was being caused by my ageing machine ! I hadn't thought of switching the players to another server :)I have the server power control plugin installed, I'll experiment and see what I can do. Cheers Mark :)