PDA

View Full Version : customize menus

mikeybs
2016-07-19, 12:47
I have been reading through forums posts, but I don't seem to be able to find any of the mechanisms used to customize the menu on my web interface and phone apps. I am running LMS 7.8.1 on debian. I use the logitech squeezebox app on my iOS devices, and squeezer and squeeze ctrl on my android devices. I would like to completely get rid of the My Music section. I don't have any local collection. I primarily use the pandora and google music plugins. I would love to just see those on my menu and nothing else, but I would be happy just to get rid of some stuff...

karlek
2016-07-19, 12:57
Since a certain nightly of 7.9 at least the Webif mirrors the menu settings of the selected squeezebox. In such way you could get rid of umwanted entries. Most apps use the menu structure provided by LMS. Chances are high that your Logitech app will do the same, as you want.

Speaking about apps -- there is iPeng. A great SB control app which also allows to customize the menu.

mikeybs
2016-07-22, 16:55
Since a certain nightly of 7.9 at least the Webif mirrors the menu settings of the selected squeezebox. In such way you could get rid of umwanted entries. Most apps use the menu structure provided by LMS. Chances are high that your Logitech app will do the same, as you want.

Speaking about apps -- there is iPeng. A great SB control app which also allows to customize the menu.

I updated to the latest 7.9 nightly, but I am unsure how to follow your instructions. How do I modify the menu settings of the selected squeezebox? What is the mechanism for doing that? I tried doing so using mysqueezebox.com, but the changes I made there do not show up....

kidstypike
2016-07-22, 23:52
I updated to the latest 7.9 nightly, but I am unsure how to follow your instructions. How do I modify the menu settings of the selected squeezebox? What is the mechanism for doing that? I tried doing so using mysqueezebox.com, but the changes I made there do not show up....

Settings are per player:

Settings > Player tab > Additional Browse Modes.

Untick those items you don't wish to see.

Picture below shows My Music menu webgui, settings page & My Music on Android phone.

karlek
2016-07-23, 01:35
As the TE wants to get rid of "My Music" it depends on what SB he has. The Boom's (SB2/Classic) Menu is customized in the Webif's settings-Player.
Radio and Touch can be set up on the device itself: long press the appropriate menu item, eg My Music and choose "Don't show in Main Menu", or so. I'm German.

kidstypike
2016-07-23, 01:58
This is easily done on Squeeze Ctrl, in preferences just select "Edit Home Menu".

mikeybs
2016-07-23, 08:13
Deselecting items in Additional Browse Modes just gets rid of items within My Music. I want to get rid of the My Music section entirely.

I wasn't aware of the menu editing options in squeeze ctrl. I will make use of that. I was hoping for a more centralized solution though. I don't want to edit the menu for each control interface I use individually...

I don't have traditional squeezebox hardware. I am using squeezelite running on raspberry pi for my players.

kidstypike
2016-07-23, 08:37
Deselecting items in Additional Browse Modes just gets rid of items within My Music. I want to get rid of the My Music section entirely.

I wasn't aware of the menu editing options in squeeze ctrl. I will make use of that. I was hoping for a more centralized solution though. I don't want to edit the menu for each control interface I use individually...

I don't have traditional squeezebox hardware. I am using squeezelite running on raspberry pi for my players.

And all for free!

Don't want much do you?

mikeybs
2016-07-23, 16:07
And all for free!

Don't want much do you?

Sorry if I sounded ungrateful. I absolutely love the software and appreciate the efforts of the developers immensely. Just trying to get all I can out of it! Isn't that what open source is all about. Certainly if no one gives a crap about what I am trying to do I will take that in stride :)

pippin
2016-07-24, 05:07
If you manage to remove "My Music" from the server-provided menu this _might_ help with most Apps, probably not Squeezer (which seems to have a hard-coded menu structure) and I'm also not 100% sure about Logitech's (Michael will have or answer that).
The problem here is that "My Music" is one of the essential anchor-points in the menu structure (SqueezePlay based Squeezeboxes, for example, also use it for server switching) so, again, might simply be expected. Squeezeboxes also don't have the problem because they allow hiding menu items so you don't really have a reason to remove them there, this just never got incorporated into Logitech's App (and it's local to the interface and not sync d to other devices)

If SqueezeCtrl allows removing the menu, I'd go for that, iPeng (9) definitely allows hiding any menu but you are not using it, whether there is a general solution I'm not sure, not even with code changes.