PDA

View Full Version : Cant see receiver in iPeng

altsouza
2016-06-20, 14:16
Hello,
The receiver is in the wired Lan (I can ping it) but I cant see it in iPeng.
I dont have a controller and I would not want to use Udap (so complicated)
Any help is welcome
Thanks
Antonio

Mnyb
2016-06-20, 19:04
What's the color of its front light ?

Can you see it from LMS (Logitech media server ) or mysqueezebox.com ? They both have a web-UI.

What address can you ping it on ?

Is this a second hand reciever ?

Has it been working before on your network and your mysqueezebox.com account ?

Is it actually setup and configured ? If not you only have 3 ways to do it . Controller , net-udap script , squeeze configure android app ( but it can be hard to get a copy of that ) . There is no iOS app that can configure a squeezebox probably due to apples restrictions on what you can do with the wifi

altsouza
2016-06-20, 19:42
White light,
Cant see from Lms, from sq.com i do not know how to see it.
Ip 192.169.0.2
It is an old player. I seldon use it, but would use it again in a new setup. Actualy I use it last few days, and after trying to configure sptofy in Lms, it vanish.
It was configured.

Thanks

Antonio

altsouza
2016-06-20, 19:43
Sorry, ip is 192.168.0.2

Mnyb
2016-06-20, 20:04
That's strange it should not really vanish because you tried to configurere spotify ??

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SBR_front_button_and_LED

The White .This suggests the player is actually connected to a server if not your local LMS then its mysqueezebox.com

Do you have your mysqueezebox.com credentials setup in your LMS server ? If you have you should be able to switch it back to your local server with the web-UI .

Is your server also on a 192.168.0.x address then it should be ok.

Are you the original owner ? Have you ever used it connected to mysqueezebox.com ?

altsouza
2016-06-21, 04:49
Hi Mnyb,

I tried to access mysquezebox.com, and the duet was there. I disconected it , and wowww... now it is ok!!!!!
I did not know that the player could not be in the two servers, actualy i did not know why it ended up there in sb.com.

Anyway, now it is ok.

Thanks
Antonio

pippin
2016-06-21, 06:07
For the next time: just register iPeng on MySqueezebox.com with the same account (tap MySqueezebox.com under "Other Music Servers" to do that) and then you can move it between servers, too, directly in iPeng

altsouza
2016-06-21, 06:15
Thank you both.
Now I am geting to know how the "System" works...

thanks

altsouza
2016-06-21, 06:18
Ragarding spotfy app, I have installed it (both original and 3rd party) but it is not showing up in the ipeng, using Lms. Do I need to make adjustments???
Also Inguz, I have instaled it, it appears in Extra, but the Eq adjustments does not affect the sound.

Any help is welcome

Thanks

pippin
2016-06-21, 07:42
Are both not showing up or only one?
If you install both, you need to configure the 3rd party one to show up under "Radios", not "My Apps" or the server will replace the Logitech one with it.
In iPeng 9, you can still move it to MyApps (or the main menu or such), iPeng can show both in the same menu, they're going to have different icons in "My Apps".

altsouza
2016-06-21, 10:25
Spotfy is ok.
But inguz is not. I instaled it, it appears in Extra, but the Eq adjustments does not affect the sound.
Thanks

pippin
2016-06-21, 11:11
Hm, no idea about that one :(

Mnyb
2016-06-21, 11:57
Spotfy is ok.
But inguz is not. I instaled it, it appears in Extra, but the Eq adjustments does not affect the sound.
Thanks

There are several inguz treads on out forum , but this plugin is very old and basicallly unsuported for several years and is windows only , try some different browser with its ui ?

altsouza
2016-06-21, 12:57
I just need a simple Eq. Can you recomend one???

pippin
2016-06-21, 14:53
There is no "simple eq" on Squeezebox. The Squeezeboxes themselves (except Boom) don't equalize but just output unaltered signal so you'd have to do what Inguz does and decode, modify and re-encode the digital input signal which isn't simple at all (although on today's server devices the necessary processing power often should not be a problem). It also means you will probably need to have _different_ streams going to synchronized devices (because different devices might have different sound characteristics).
It's probably the better way to have a player that can equalize itself although the problem is that the player can't export a UI for that to LMS so it can't be remotely controlled.

You can see this in iPeng with it's playback, which does have an equalizer but that equalization setting can only be controlled on the playing device itself.