PDA

View Full Version : showing e-mail header on squeezebox



Imre
2004-12-19, 11:55
Hi!

Since yesterday I am a proud owner of this great player. Now I'm just
about to configure it. My slim server is running on debian. I would like it
to show me on the display whenever I receive an e-mail. Unfortunately, it
doesn't work yet. I have tried the e-mail checker plugin from this page:
http://callisto.deane-freeman.com/slimserver/

Does anybody know how I could run it?

Thanks

kdf
2004-12-19, 12:56
Quoting Imre <imre-news (AT) one-time (DOT) net>:

> Hi!
>
> Since yesterday I am a proud owner of this great player. Now I'm just
> about to configure it. My slim server is running on debian. I would like it
> to show me on the display whenever I receive an e-mail. Unfortunately, it
> doesn't work yet. I have tried the e-mail checker plugin from this page:
> http://callisto.deane-freeman.com/slimserver/
>
> Does anybody know how I could run it?

The email plugin requires NET::POP3 in order to work. from a terminal, try:
perl -MPCAN -e "install Net:POP3"

ch3cking for any other startup errors woudl require that you run the server
manually with the d_plugins debug flag:
slimserver.pl --d_plugins

the console will then display any errors.

if the plugin is loading properly, then you should be able to navigate through
the player UI to the Plugins menu, and enter the email plugin. You have to do
this once to initiate the automatic checker.

-kdf

Imre K.
2004-12-20, 13:20
hi
>
> The email plugin requires NET::POP3 in order to work. from a terminal,
> try:
> perl -MPCAN -e "install Net:POP3"

I did this
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::POP3'
and i received a successful message. No errors.
Then i copyed the Email.pm in my Slimserver/Plugin folder.

>
> ch3cking for any other startup errors woudl require that you run the
> server
> manually with the d_plugins debug flag:
> slimserver.pl --d_plugins
>
> the console will then display any errors.

And now i start the slimserver slimserver.pl --d_plugins
I received the folloing errors on startup.

---snip----

2004-12-20 21:06:06.7108 Requiring Plugins::ShoutcastBrowser plugin.
2004-12-20 21:06:06.7717 Requiring Plugins::Email plugin.
2004-12-20 21:06:06.8767 Can't require Plugins::Email for Plugins menu:
Global symbol "@serverNames" requires explicit package name at
/root/SlimServer_5_4_x_v2004-12-19/Plugins/Email.pm line 108, <DATA> line
1.
Global symbol "@userIds" requires explicit package name at
/root/SlimServer_5_4_x_v2004-12-19/Plugins/Email.pm line 114, <DATA> line
1.
Global symbol "@passwords" requires explicit package name at
/root/SlimServer_5_4_x_v2004-12-19/Plugins/Email.pm line 115, <DATA> line
1.
Global symbol "@serverNames" requires explicit package name at
/root/SlimServer_5_4_x_v2004-12-19/Plugins/Email.pm line 152, <DATA> line
1.
Global symbol "@userIds" requires explicit package name at
/root/SlimServer_5_4_x_v2004-12-19/Plugins/Email.pm line 158, <DATA> line
1.
Global symbol "@passwords" requires explicit package name at
/root/SlimServer_5_4_x_v2004-12-19/Plugins/Email.pm line 159, <DATA> line
1.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 37) line 3, <DATA> line 1.
2004-12-20 21:06:06.8772 Requiring Plugins::Live365 plugin.
2004-12-20 21:06:06.9313 Registering screensaver Datum/Zeit Bildschirmschoner
2004-12-20 21:06:06.9320 Registering screensaver LineX Screensaver

----snip -------
>
> -kdf

What can i do now?

Thanks

kdf
2004-12-20, 16:58
Quoting "Imre K." <imre-news (AT) one-time (DOT) net>:


> 2004-12-20 21:06:06.7108 Requiring Plugins::ShoutcastBrowser plugin.
> 2004-12-20 21:06:06.7717 Requiring Plugins::Email plugin.
> 2004-12-20 21:06:06.8767 Can't require Plugins::Email for Plugins menu:
> Global symbol "@serverNames" requires explicit package name at
> /root/SlimServer_5_4_x_v2004-12-19/Plugins/Email.pm line 108, <DATA> line
> 1.
> Global symbol "@userIds" requires explicit package name at
> /root/SlimServer_5_4_x_v2004-12-19/Plugins/Email.pm line 114, <DATA> line

> What can i do now?
you have to edit these lines, and remove the # to fit your email provider.

#my @serverNames = ("someserver"); # as many of these as you like - edit to
taste
#my @userIds = ("username");
#my @passwords = ("password");

mulitple userId, etc is a comma-separated list within the brackets.
-kdf

Imre K.
2004-12-21, 13:15
Hi!

> you have to edit these lines, and remove the # to fit your email provider.
>
> #my @serverNames = ("someserver"); # as many of these as you like - edit
> to
> taste
> #my @userIds = ("username");
> #my @passwords = ("password");
>
> mulitple userId, etc is a comma-separated list within the brackets.
> -kdf

It works but there is still a problem. As username i must add
username (AT) provider (DOT) com . Then i receive the following error.

snip------------
2004-12-21 21:05:44.5385 Requiring Plugins::Email plugin.
Possible unintended interpolation of @one in string at
/root/SlimServer_5_4_x_v2004-12-19/Plugins/Email.pm line 94, <DATA> line
1.
2004-12-21 21:05:44.5841 Can't require Plugins::Email for Plugins menu:
Global symbol "@provider" requires explicit package name at
/root/SlimServer_5_4_x_v2004-12-19/Plugins/Email.pm line 94, <DATA> line
1.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 37) line 3, <DATA> line 1.
2004-12-21 21:05:44.5846 Requiring Plugins::Live365 plugin.
snip-------------

how can i make it work with the '@' ?

thanks a lot

kdf
2004-12-21, 13:59
Quoting "Imre K." <imre-news (AT) one-time (DOT) net>:

> Hi!
>
> > you have to edit these lines, and remove the # to fit your email provider.
> >
> > #my @serverNames = ("someserver"); # as many of these as you like - edit
> > to
> > taste
> > #my @userIds = ("username");
> > #my @passwords = ("password");
> >
> > mulitple userId, etc is a comma-separated list within the brackets.
> > -kdf
>
> It works but there is still a problem. As username i must add
> username (AT) provider (DOT) com . Then i receive the following error.

"username\@provider.com"
or
'username (AT) provider (DOT) com'
-kdf

Roy M. Silvernail
2004-12-21, 14:02
Imre K. wrote:
> Hi!
>
>
>>you have to edit these lines, and remove the # to fit your email provider.
>>
>>#my @serverNames = ("someserver"); # as many of these as you like - edit
>>to
>>taste
>>#my @userIds = ("username");
>>#my @passwords = ("password");
>>
>>mulitple userId, etc is a comma-separated list within the brackets.
>>-kdf
>
>
> It works but there is still a problem. As username i must add
> username (AT) provider (DOT) com . Then i receive the following error.

Use 'username\@provider.com'. Otherwise, perl thinks you're talking
about a list variable.
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy (AT) rant-central (DOT) com, and you're not
"It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT
SpamAssassin->procmail->/dev/null->bliss
http://www.rant-central.com