PDA

View Full Version : Need Power Adapter for Receiver, can't find one anywhere....

FredFredrickson
2016-05-31, 08:46
I'm perplexed, I've never had this much trouble before.

One of my receivers' power adapters went last month, and I've tried many times to get a replacement adapter with zero luck. I know the unit is fine, works with my working power adapter, so no problems there. Just need a new adapter.

I've tried multiple listings on amazon that say they are compatible:

http://www.amazon.com/UpBright%C2%AE-Logitech-Squeezebox-Receiver-Streamer/dp/B00DNGHOIY?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Compatible-Replacement-Logitech-Squeezebox/dp/B00VE02B0W?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Neither of these actually fit, receiver won't turn on.

I ordered one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361521687395?euid=f01e62dbe69e46b28ead5a9b0251390d&bu=43718167322&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

Only to find out they don't really have the item and they cancelled it.

Am I out of luck?

Where can I find the right adapter for this?

FredFredrickson
2016-05-31, 08:54
Welp, suppose I spoke too soon. Logitech's support website sells them direct.

scott.winterkorn
2016-07-07, 15:28
My sb receiver just seems to have died and was wondering what signs you had when yours didn't work. It's been working fine for years but today it disappeared from ipeng. So I went and looked at it and all the lights (front indicator and Ethernet) were out so I unplugged it for a few minutes. Plugged it back in and I can here a little humming noise and I can see a light coming out of the spdif port, but that's it. Is this similar to what you found?

taccardit
2016-07-20, 11:22
So, my power supply recently died on my Duet receiver as well. I was able to test that it was not the device because I have a Logitech TV remote has a similarly sized power supply (not the correct power, though). The remote's power supply did start up the Duet receiver long enough to configure it. But, as soon as it started playing, it would shut down. I assume because it was being underpowered.

I bought a replacement on ebay, but it was the wrong sized connector.

Does anyone have the actual specs for the original power supply?

bpa
2016-07-20, 13:26
The original PSU for the receiver was a Phihong PSA050R-090 (9V 0.56A)

The data sheet ( http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/323/PSA05R-2481.pdf ) or the LMS wiki gives the barrel connector dimension as 5.5mm OD 2.1mm ID. Centre positive

scott.winterkorn
2016-07-20, 23:38
I seen a bunch of psu's advertised as replacements for the squeezebox receiver on Amazon and I was about to order one. However before I did I managed to find that my old psu for a Logitech harmony remote charger stand matched similar specs to the ones listed on Amazon. Also comparing the shape and size of the barrel to the original psu I couldn't see any difference. The only difference I could see was that the original psu was 9v vs. 5 for the ones on Amazon, and 5-7 for my harmony one. So I decided to give it a try and it worked, and has been working for over a week now with no issues. I'm so glad that was the only issue and I got it working with an old cord I may have thrown away. Whew!

taccardit
2016-07-21, 05:32
Thanks all for the specs. I did find my old (non working power supply). And, I was able to confirm that it is a "PSA05R-090".

I have a box filled with various power supplies. I guess it's time to dig through them to see if one is the right size and power.

malaugh
2016-07-30, 07:49
Digi Key is the place to buy power supplies

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/power-supplies-external-internal-off-board/ac-dc-desktop-wall-adapters/589898?k=power+adapter&k=&pkeyword=power+adapter&pv57=120&FV=fff40009%2Cfff8004a%2Cc00040&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

Thomas8675309
2017-01-24, 20:43
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but there's some faulty info in here, so I thought others might benefit from my mistakes.

First, as several people point out, the Receiver's power supply is a Phihong PSA050R-090 (9V 0.56A). You can buy those for under $10 from either Digikey or Allied Electronics.

Unfortunately, although Logitech used the PSA050R-090, they substituted a non-standard barrel connector. Therefore the PSA050R-090 you purchase from Digikey or Allied will not fit. Specifically, a standard PSA050R-090 has a barrel connector that is 5.5mm OD 2.1mm ID. As accurately reflected in the wiki (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_comparison), the Receiver power supply has a barrel connector that is 3.5mm OD, 1.05mm ID. That is a difficult barrel connector to find. I was unable to find an adapter. (I found several that were close: 3mm OD, 1.05mm ID and 3.5mm OD, 1.35mm ID. But neither will fit.)

As several on this thread have noted, sellers on Amazon and on eBay claim to have replacement Receiver power supplies. Many or most of them are just standard PSA050R-090 - marked up to cost twice as much as if you bought it from Digikey or Allied - and with the standard barrel connector that will not fit your Receiver.

What to do? As Fred pointed out, the Logitech online store continues to sell Receiver replacement power supplies. http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/squeezebox-receiver. I ordered one and it unsurprisingly has the correct sized barrel connector. Logitech charges $15 for it, which seems high except that you will have trouble finding it elsewhere. Minie arrived in a sealed cushioned packing envelope that looked like it had been sitting in a warehouse for ten years - which it probably had. But the power supply worked fine and my Receiver is back up and running.

So, if the Logitech online store is available in your country, order the replacement from there. If not, then before ordering from Amazon or eBay, ask the seller to confirm that the barrel connector is 3.5mm OD, 1.05mm ID. If the seller cannot confirm that, then it will not work.

Cheers.

Tom

scott.winterkorn
2017-01-25, 08:55
Good info Thomas, thanks for sharing.

My psu from the old Harmony charger is still going strong in case anyone wanted to know. Hopefully I can get another 10 years out of this one lol.

Mnyb
2017-01-27, 04:21
Some soldering and tape rescue the cord and barrel conecter frommthe old psu find anything 9v ? With suficient amperage ?

I've seen universal suplies that comes with a whole vareity of diffrent conectors and adjustable voltage ?

Thomas8675309
2017-01-27, 21:11
Some soldering and tape rescue the cord and barrel conecter frommthe old psu find anything 9v ? With suficient amperage ?

If one were inclined to go this route, best to buy a PSA050R-090 (which is the correct volts and amps) from DigiKey or Allied Electronics, and then splice the old barrel connector to it. Personally, my skills aren't good enough to chance it.

I've seen universal suplirs that comes with a whole bunch of diffrent conectors and adjustable voltage ?

I posted my message because there was faulty info in this thread. I'm sure you had the best of intentions, but unfortunately you are muddying the waters again. I'm not sure what a "suplirs" is, but as I said before, learn from my mistakes. There may be a whole bunch of different connectors, but NONE of them will be 3.5mm OD, 1.05mm ID. If anyone finds a connector or adapter for sale that is 3.5mm OD, 1.05mm ID, please post a link. Until then, do not buy a universal adapter with a variety of connectors. It will not help, because none of them will be 3.5mm OD, 1.05mm ID, and you will have wasted your money.

Cheers.

Tom

Freddy
2017-08-18, 00:57
Anyone got an idea where to find a good adapter in Europe?
Is it still Logitech part store that is the best place?

Mnyb
2017-08-18, 01:22
Anyone got an idea where to find a good adapter in Europe?
Is it still Logitech part store that is the best place?

If they still have the PSU why not ?

I'm not inclined to save 10$ and burn my house down with some sub par part from ebay ?

JeffHart
2017-08-23, 09:00
I picked this one up last month for $11.99, unfortunately they've now raised the price to $15.96. It came with a barrel connector adapter to fit the Receiver and is working fine. Still a bit cheaper than Logitech replacement if you're a prime member when you figure in shipping costs. It was next day delivery in my area, so instant gratification bonus.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZJA1RX0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mark wollschlager
2017-11-10, 10:24
I picked this one up last month for $11.99, unfortunately they've now raised the price to $15.96. It came with a barrel connector adapter to fit the Receiver and is working fine. Still a bit cheaper than Logitech replacement if you're a prime member when you figure in shipping costs. It was next day delivery in my area, so instant gratification bonus.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZJA1RX0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks, I had two PS die within weeks.
Just got these and They Work! Yay!

sander
2017-11-11, 10:50
I purchased 2 of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Adapter-For-Logitech-PSA05R-090-Squeezebox-Duet-Receiver-9V-Power-Supply-Cord/121090178785 from ebay the last time I had one die, which was fortuitous since one of them died 3 month later.

I have had an odd experience where the replacement power supply doesn't work initially, but connecting the receiver which had the failed power supply to an original Logitech supply has fixed the problem where the replacement power supply works on subsequent connections, so I'm going to pick up 2 of the replacements direct from Logitech in the, likely, event my ebay replacement dies.

Owen Smith
2018-03-19, 17:20
Annoyingly Logitech UK doesn't seem to sell Squeezebox spare parts. It directs me to the US site, and then offers me no country to ship to except USA. One of my Reciever PSUs has died, I am using a spare but would like to replenish my stock. Someone once mentioned a suitable PSU from Maplin, does anyone have the part number?

w3wilkes
2018-03-20, 14:23
You could try this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yultek-Adapter-Logitech-PSA05R-090-Receiver/dp/B013E4MVW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521580840&sr=8-1&keywords=Logitech+PSA05R-090

Owen Smith
2018-03-20, 14:43
You could try this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yultek-Adapter-Logitech-PSA05R-090-Receiver/dp/B013E4MVW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521580840&sr=8-1&keywords=Logitech+PSA05R-090

Thanks, that's the sort of thing I couldn't find yesterday. And I searched for PSA05R-090, and today the same search found this. Strange.

Anyway I've ordered one. It can't be much worse than the Logitech supply given how frequently they fail based on the reports here. I have had no other small (or large) switched mode power supply fail on me, and I have a fair number in the house supplying cordless phones, DACs, ethernet switches and routers etc.

Now my Receiver PSU has failed completely, thinking back on the increasing problems I've had for the last few years I believe this PSU has been marginal for at least three years.

w3wilkes
2018-03-20, 15:22
I'll knock on wood as both mine have been going strong for 9 years!

Martin Jones
2018-03-26, 14:02
Thanks, that's the sort of thing I couldn't find yesterday. And I searched for PSA05R-090, and today the same search found this. Strange.

Anyway I've ordered one. It can't be much worse than the Logitech supply given how frequently they fail based on the reports here. I have had no other small (or large) switched mode power supply fail on me, and I have a fair number in the house supplying cordless phones, DACs, ethernet switches and routers etc.

Now my Receiver PSU has failed completely, thinking back on the increasing problems I've had for the last few years I believe this PSU has been marginal for at least three years.

Could you let me know if it works please Owen? I've emailed the specifications of the connector to another supplier but no joy as yet.

Owen Smith
2018-03-27, 01:44
Could you let me know if it works please Owen? I've emailed the specifications of the connector to another supplier but no joy as yet.

Yes it works. It comes with a set of five connectors and you attach the appriopriate one to the lead. The outer barrel is bang on for size (checked it with my micrometer) but the hole down the inside is a bit big so it fits slackly into the Receiver and can be wobbled about. The connection seems reliable though. More of a problem for me is the connector is right angled, which is very constraining with the other equipment I have around the Receiver.

This is a 2A supply, the old Receiver one is 0.56A. So the new supply has a lot more headroom. Whether that will help it last longer is unknown but I am hopeful.

jeff52807
2019-01-18, 15:45
One of my 3 Duets was powerless. Checked, and it is a bad power cord.

Upon the advice of a Logitech phone support Person, I ordered one on their website..... AC adapter for Squeezebox Duet (requires power plate kit sold separately) The part number on the unit is 830-000019.

After placing my order, I checked my unit and the part number on my unit is 830-000020. It's probably close to 10 years old.

Will the adapter be compatible? The dead adapter part number is PSA05R-090 and it has a bar code of P8270197A1. Should I try to cancel my order or will the 'spare part work with my unit?

philippe_44
2019-01-26, 21:41

Upon the advice of a Logitech phone support Person, I ordered one on their website..... AC adapter for Squeezebox Duet (requires power plate kit sold separately) The part number on the unit is 830-000019.

After placing my order, I checked my unit and the part number on my unit is 830-000020. It's probably close to 10 years old.

Will the adapter be compatible? The dead adapter part number is PSA05R-090 and it has a bar code of P8270197A1. Should I try to cancel my order or will the 'spare part work with my unit?

I don't think they have changed the voltage - it's 9V for the duet. It just had a tiny power jack, but in case it does not come with the right one, these are easy to find at digikey or your local electronic store or probably on amazon. Then it requires 5 minutes of soldering.

bpa
2019-01-27, 06:53

Looking at the part numbers for my duet controller & receiver

830-000019 is the Duet controller
830-000020 is the Duet Receiver

The PSA05R-090 (Phihong part no.) is the power supply for the receiver (Logitech 993-000236) and NOT the cradle for the Duet Controller (830-000026 Phihong PSM11R-050)

jeff52807
2019-01-27, 10:50
I don't think they have changed the voltage - it's 9V for the duet. It just had a tiny power jack, but in case it does not come with the right one, these are easy to find at digikey or your local electronic store or probably on amazon. Then it requires 5 minutes of soldering.

Thanks. I ordered the 'spare part' from the Logitech site and it works perfectly! The power connector to the receiver is the same size and it's an exact fit.