PDA

View Full Version : Combine a Spotify playlist with local files?

spedinfargo
2016-05-24, 11:44
How are most of you handling this scenario? Of course my daughter wants some Taylor Swift songs on her playlist (she's not fooled by the Kidz Bop trickery anymore).

Right now I have a button on her Radio that just points to a Spotify playlist. This is nice because I can add and remove songs for her using Spotify on my computer and the changes just show up next time she starts her playlist. Added bonus: I get to add some songs that she "should" be listening to as well.

So assuming I have some local files that I want to intersperse with that playlist, what's my best bet? Is there a way to create a playlist of playlists? One pointing to a local playlist and one pointing to the Spotify playlist?

d6jg
2016-05-24, 12:55
I think you would have to install Playlist Manager and add / remove stuff via the LMS GUI or a control app.

Mnyb
2016-05-24, 13:13
It works the other way around . In a LMS playlist you can add local files and tracks from your services such as Spotify and Tidal etc.

PlaylistManager then helps ,because you can permanently add tracks to your already existing playlists .

Or you can just add Spotify tracks or files to now playing ,and maybe later save now laying as a playlist ,or overwrite an existing list.

scoob101
2016-06-06, 13:47
It works the other way around . In a LMS playlist you can add local files and tracks from your services such as Spotify and Tidal etc.

PlaylistManager then helps ,because you can permanently add tracks to your already existing playlists .

Or you can just add Spotify tracks or files to now playing ,and maybe later save now laying as a playlist ,or overwrite an existing list.

When I have a Spotify track playing (using official plugin) , if I select "Add to playlist" the only playlists which come up are the ones I have on Spotify - none of my local playlists are shown.

I guess theres a restriction here in that you can only achieve this by saving the now playing list as a playlist when you are playing from a music service. Adding individual Spotify tracks doesn't seem to work.

pippin
2016-06-07, 02:03
That's because you need the "Playlist Manager" plugin to directly add tracks to a stored playlist in LMS

scoob101
2016-06-07, 02:19
That's because you need the "Playlist Manager" plugin to directly add tracks to a stored playlist in LMS

I tried installing Playlist Manger and didn't get any change in behaviour at all. Perhaps the plugin isn't functioning. I`ll try uninstalling/reinstalling.

mherger
2016-06-07, 02:37
> I tried installing Playlist Manger and didn't get any change in
> behaviour at all. Perhaps the plugin isn't functioning. I`ll try
> uninstalling/reinstalling.

The "add to playlist" item from the Spotify track's menu is indeed to
add the track to a Spotify only playlist. You'll have to either set up a
playlist using the playlist manager and its UI (don't know how it
works), or you queue up the tracks on a player, then save that queue as
a playlist in LMS. Just don't use the "add to playlist" feature from the
Spotify track/album.

--

Michael

pippin
2016-06-07, 05:23
I tried installing Playlist Manger and didn't get any change in behaviour at all. Perhaps the plugin isn't functioning. I`ll try uninstalling/reinstalling.

It should add an additional "add to..." item to the context menu

Mnyb
2016-06-07, 09:40
Yes apparently you can add spotify tracks to local playlists in the normal play cue ? Adding to playlist residing on spotify migth not be possible ? How should that work ?