PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox stopped working

soczywko
2016-05-13, 15:50
Just tried to play through my squeezebox and keep getting "can't connect to server" - rebooted router, pc, squeezebox etc multiple times with no luck. Strange thing is I can connect to internet radio through mysqueezebox.com via the devices and it connects and plays through the hi-fi. Tried selecting LMS within mysqueezebox.com as the music source and get "can't connect to server" again. Tried turning off firewall with no luck. Any thoughts?

Man in a van
2016-05-13, 23:59
Just tried to play through my squeezebox and keep getting "can't connect to server" - rebooted router, pc, squeezebox etc multiple times with no luck. Strange thing is I can connect to internet radio through mysqueezebox.com via the devices and it connects and plays through the hi-fi. Tried selecting LMS within mysqueezebox.com as the music source and get "can't connect to server" again. Tried turning off firewall with no luck. Any thoughts?

which Squeezebox? more info on connections etc. and did you change anything in the set up prior to the problem?

soczywko
2016-05-14, 01:32
which Squeezebox? more info on connections etc. and did you change anything in the set up prior to the problem?

Hi its a squeezebox V3 running on a wired connection on TP Link powerline adapters from the router to the room I use. Tried the set up when I changed to these from previous power line adapters and no issues about 6 months ago. No changes made (to my knowledge) recently although I haven't used the device for a while.

Man in a van
2016-05-14, 02:16
Hi its a squeezebox V3 running on a wired connection on TP Link powerline adapters from the router to the room I use. Tried the set up when I changed to these from previous power line adapters and no issues about 6 months ago. No changes made (to my knowledge) recently although I haven't used the device for a while.

Can you re-set the the V3?

from the user manual

How do I reset Squeezebox to factory default settings?
Plug the power connector into Squeezebox while holding down the
Add
button on the
remote until you see the
Set Up Networking
prompt.
The player doesn’t obtain an Ip address.
Check all your network connections, and make sure that the DHCP server is running. Try
a different ethernet cable, even if the hub indicates a good link. Make sure you are using
the latest firmware for your router or access point.

I know this is a silly thing to say but is your local LMS running (maybe an update required?)

toby10
2016-05-14, 03:31
Reboot router then reboot SB3. Check IP #'s of LMS and SB3 player, make sure they are on the same network/subnet? Sounds like a powerline adapter issue.

soczywko
2016-05-14, 03:43
Can you re-set the the V3?

from the user manual

I know this is a silly thing to say but is your local LMS running (maybe an update required?)

I have done the factory reset and when it gets to music source it says " no Squeezebox server found" although I have it running on the laptop (version 7.7.5). One of the powerline adapters has a wifi extension running the SSID for the wireless that the laptop connecting to. Could it be this?

When I get the "no Squeezebox server found" I have also tried entering the Server IP address manually and still get "can't connect to server"

When I was trying to solve issue last night it found the Squeezebox server - showing name and the server IP address.

By the way running windows 10

soczywko
2016-05-14, 03:53
I have done the factory reset and when it gets to music source it says " no Squeezebox server found" although I have it running on the laptop (version 7.7.5). One of the powerline adapters has a wifi extension running the SSID for the wireless that the laptop connecting to. Could it be this?

When I get the "no Squeezebox server found" I have also tried entering the Server IP address manually and still get "can't connect to server"

When I was trying to solve issue last night it found the Squeezebox server - showing name and the server IP address.

By the way running windows 10

Update - I have turned off the powerline adapter that has the wifi extension on it and everything came back to life so must be a conflict in the way this operates.