PDA

View Full Version : Duet Issues

HokieKev
2016-03-17, 16:05
I bought a Duet off eBay and sadly it seems that the pause button on the controller does not work. Is there an simple workaround for this? I guess I can just clear the playlist, eh? It seems wasteful to just leave the player running when I am done... It is kinda like leaving the water running and leaving the house... hehehe

Also, I attempted to set this up with mysqueezebox.com and I think I have it working. Do I need to register the MAC address with Logitech (like I did when I bought a used SB3)?

Finally, I have the receiver attached with wired Ethernet and I instructed the controller to connect wirelessly to the receiver (not my home wireless network). I am able to listen to my home music library. Why does the light on the front of the receiver show orange? It seems to be working. It should show blue, right?

Eric Seaberg
2016-03-17, 16:33
The light on the front of DUET should be OFF when off, and WHITE when connected. If it's BLUE, you don't have a WiFi connection. I don't remember orange...

In lieu of a working remote, or at least a pause button, I use the phone app iPeng. It controls all players on my network, just like the Duet controller, except that once I'm out of the WiFi network, I can connect on my LTE network and control all units, as well. There are other apps that do the same thing, but iPeng has a large list of users with feedback turing into improvements.

Look it up on the site.

HokieKev
2016-03-17, 16:51
Ah... That will work. I have iPeng and love it. It is only the configuration that you need the Duet Controller for, eh? Once configured you can control from iPeng. That will work.

tcutting
2016-03-17, 17:40
Ah... That will work. I have iPeng and love it. It is only the configuration that you need the Duet Controller for, eh? Once configured you can control from iPeng. That will work.

You can actually configure the receiver without the controller - there is a "net-udap" utility (you can find on this forum somewhere) which, although not "pretty", I had better results than using the controller to re-configure the receiver.