PDA

View Full Version : Duet Reeiver Died

rsmith394
2016-03-09, 18:19
My Duet receiver is dead. Depressing the front button does not produce a response. I checked the power supply with a voltmeter and it is working.

I cant seem to find a replacement receiver on E-Bay. Is there a 3rd party receiver in production or is there a product similar to the Duet Available?

mark wollschlager
2016-03-09, 18:49
look at the raspberry pi/hifiberry with max2play or picoreplayer
Essentially the same thing.
LMS sees it as a player and the duet controls it the same.
Depending on how pretty you want it cost is somewhere between 70-80 US

philippe_44
2016-03-09, 20:01
My Duet receiver is dead. Depressing the front button does not produce a response. I checked the power supply with a voltmeter and it is working.

I cant seem to find a replacement receiver on E-Bay. Is there a 3rd party receiver in production or is there a product similar to the Duet Available?

Very unlikely, but it happened to me once: the power supply was dead in the sense that it could not provide any current but, without load, it was still providing the proper voltage. Worth giving it a try with another power supply

zordaz
2016-03-10, 08:29
look at the raspberry pi/hifiberry with max2play or picoreplayer
Essentially the same thing.
LMS sees it as a player and the duet controls it the same.
Depending on how pretty you want it cost is somewhere between 70-80 US

Agreed! Any Raspberry PI solution (f.e. HifiBerry) with piCorePlayer is an affordable drop in replacement for SB-devices like the Receiver.
Bonuses: very well supported, IMHO easier to setup than the Receiver, faster, less power usage, plays HiRes audio (for what's worth it).

I even decided to sell my SB Receiver/Duet and SB Touch last year because of the advantages of the HifiBerry.

john greenwood
2016-03-18, 05:29
Mine seems to have died last night.

For someone who got tired of messing around with computer hardware and software 15 years ago, how easy is this?

https://shop.max2play.com/en/hifiberry-digi-bundle-inkl-raspberry-pi.html

Edit - I found another thread that suggested holding the button in while reconnecting the AC. That worked for me.

zordaz
2016-03-19, 15:11
Mine seems to have died last night.

For someone who got tired of messing around with computer hardware and software 15 years ago, how easy is this?

https://shop.max2play.com/en/hifiberry-digi-bundle-inkl-raspberry-pi.html

Edit - I found another thread that suggested holding the button in while reconnecting the AC. That worked for me.

It's easy, but you can get the same hardware bundle for less elsewhere. On the software side I recommend piCorePlayer instead of Max2Play if you are looking for a Receiver replacement.

strim
2016-03-27, 14:45
Better try a good power supply, i had this problem twice, just replace it first before buying a new squeezebox.