PDA

View Full Version : Automatic or scheduled adj to Controller brightness

jeremy
2016-03-03, 05:59
I've started using the Controller's clock screensaver as bedside clock as I can no longer see the clock on the SB Radio clearly (getting old is rubbish, don't do it). Brightness needs to be turned down way low so as not to illuminate the whole bedroom. Works fine like this.

However, when I want to use Controller to change channel etc it's a hassle to have to turn brightness up and then back down. Is there any automated way that'll help? I guess ideal would be that screensaver has a different set brightness to Now Playing.

I've tried searching and found an unresolved query on the same topic from a couple of years ago so thought it'd be worth a try now
Thanks in anticipation
Jeremy

tcutting
2016-03-03, 09:31
I've started using the Controller's clock screensaver as bedside clock as I can no longer see the clock on the SB Radio clearly (getting old is rubbish, don't do it). Brightness needs to be turned down way low so as not to illuminate the whole bedroom. Works fine like this.

However, when I want to use Controller to change channel etc it's a hassle to have to turn brightness up and then back down. Is there any automated way that'll help? I guess ideal would be that screensaver has a different set brightness to Now Playing.

I've tried searching and found an unresolved query on the same topic from a couple of years ago so thought it'd be worth a try now
Thanks in anticipation
Jeremy

An alternative is CustomClock applet on your Radio to setup a clock you can see. I created an "OffClockSaver" screen which has a reasonable sized clock, and also shows weather information from SuperDateTime which I use on my bedside Radio. CustomClock requires a paid license from erland.

jeremy
2016-03-04, 01:27
Thanks Tcutting. It might come to that but would require a bit of furniture re-arrangement so I'd like to see if the Controller solution is possible
Cheers
Jeremy

tcutting
2016-03-04, 09:20
I've avoided using the controller for an always-on display because the controller screens have experienced a dimming over time with use. There's another thread talking about this issue. I have mine set to turn-off the display when idle.