PDA

View Full Version : Uploading music to LMS from mobile device

salty
2016-03-01, 10:24
Hi everyone,
I've been away from the squeeze scene for about 5 years and glad to see it is still going strong. Quick question. Has anyone figured out a seamless way to upload songs from a portable device (iphone), trigger a rescan, then add that song to a playlist/queue? Ideally all in one step?

I see lots of options to go the other direction and play the song on the device, but no way to move a song from a iphone/android device to LMS to have it played on multiple players. I assume the non trivial way would be to ftp/sftp from the iphone using one of the many ftp clients available today. Then trigger a rescan. Then use a remote app like iPeng to add the song to the queue

Use case? I have a portable squeeze environment that is completely offline and all running from raspberry pi devices. It actually fires up a local wifi network for the remote control and players. Frequently, people want to "contribute to the playlist" with music from their phones and even though I have a local wifi network, I have no easy way for them to add their local music to the LMS.

Thoughts?

avp1
2016-03-09, 11:16
LMS running on Linux scans new files as soin as they are copied to library folders. So the main problem is how seamlessly copy files from phone to server folder. So far the only way I found was to have either SMB or FTP client in phone and appropriate server side running on computer. Best option would be web site on computer that allows upload. But I didn't find anything ready to use. You can try research WebDAV for possible option. Let everyone know if you find good solution.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

mherger
2016-03-09, 12:46
> LMS running on Linux scans new files as soin as they are copied to
> library folders.

I don't think is is on by default, and it's not supported on all Linux
systems.

> So the main problem is how seamlessly copy files from
> phone to server folder. So far the only way I found was to have either
> SMB or FTP client in phone and appropriate server side running on
> computer. Best option would be web site on computer that allows upload.

LMS 7.9 comes with a plugin which I wrote to be able to play tracks
using Drag'n'Drop to the web UI. But the uploading mechanism could be
used by a smartphone app (or any software) to upload tracks, too. The
uploaded tracks would only be stored temporarily, and removed again once
played.

--

Michael

welom
2016-03-10, 10:52
>

LMS 7.9 comes with a plugin which I wrote to be able to play tracks
using Drag'n'Drop to the web UI. But the uploading mechanism could be
used by a smartphone app (or any software) to upload tracks, too. The
uploaded tracks would only be stored temporarily, and removed again once
played.

--

Michael

Hi Michael,

I upgraded to the latest nightly just to try this feature - works like a charm!

Couldn't find a plugin description matching the functionality though - is it part of LMS core and not showing up in the list of available plugins?

Thanks,

Arno

kidstypike
2016-03-10, 11:13
Hi Michael,

I upgraded to the latest nightly just to try this feature - works like a charm!

Couldn't find a plugin description matching the functionality though - is it part of LMS core and not showing up in the list of available plugins?

Thanks,

Arno

..Er.

welom
2016-03-10, 11:21
Thanks kidstypike!

After upgrading to the latest 7.9 nightly (drag'n'drop was not working on my Jan 21 install), I just searched for "herger" on the plugins-tab... ;-)