PDA

View Full Version : Rename a favorite

HokieKev
2016-02-29, 14:18
Is it possible to rename a favorite? I was listening to somaFM and then I saw that there was a 256kbps version of the channel I was listening to. When I added it as a favorite it got added as:

"Play | 256 KBPS MP3 - 97% reliable"

kidstypike
2016-02-29, 14:32
Is it possible to rename a favorite? I was listening to somaFM and then I saw that there was a 256kbps version of the channel I was listening to. When I added it as a favorite it got added as:

"Play | 256 KBPS MP3 - 97% reliable"

Yes, click the pencil icon alongside "Favorites", then click the pencil alongside the favorite you wish to rename.

Guut_Boy
2016-03-01, 08:48
The above answer is correct. I just wanted to add that you do this in the LMS webinterface, where you can also make directories to sort your favorites (something I find quite useful). Also AFAIK it cannot be done when using mysqueezebox.com.

HokieKev
2016-03-01, 11:45
Thanks, that worked. It seems obvious now - but I think initially that I was accessing LMS through an iPad and the little pencil next to Facorites did not show up. Maybe I just missed it... not sure...

HokieKev
2016-03-01, 11:49
Ah... I see what happened. On iPad when you click on a station it takes you immediately to the next page. The 4 little icons to the right with the one including a pencil does not show up unless you hold the selection for some time to make them show up. I probably miss some stuff like this on various sites because I use an iPad...

pippin
2016-03-01, 12:46
Well, you could of course use iPeng 9 on the iPad which does allow you to rename the station quite conveniently :)
The web interface really doesn't work well on tablets or phones.